NBA Playoffs!
Jun 10, 2011 at 1:59 PM Post #601 of 827
I can't find the pre-game speech for game 5, which was even worse than this one:

Reaction:

Jun 10, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #602 of 827
Ok, call me slow, but I just realized reading someone's comment that Wade's name is spelled Dwyane, and not the more commonly used Dwayne.  Is this a revelation for anyone else? 
tongue.gif

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Jun 10, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #603 of 827
It was for me a few days ago, also don't forget Duane.

Jun 11, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #605 of 827
I have to say, it's a slow day for the media between games, and they have overblown this whole Wade and Lebron mocking Dirk's illness a little bit.  That being said, I liked Wade a lot more before he hooked up with Lebron, it seems like LBJ is dragging Wade down to his level.  Not only does this show a lack of maturity and respect, but also some lack of intelligence, seeing as how they joked in front of a local Dallas tv crew rolling tape.  I mean, c'mon guys.  Maybe they should mock Dirk's 4th quarter performances, might help them with their game. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 11, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #606 of 827
I know what you mean, I am rooting for the Heat to force a game seven but may jump ship and start rooting for Dallas at that point because this bunch from Texas obviously has a lot more class. I like the '06 version of the Heat much better, without LeChoke and with Shaq and 'Zo, Posey and Kapono, a much humbler Duane Wade and Riley as a coach even though I like Spoelstra and much of James and Wades supporting cast, particularly Miller, Haslem, and Chalmers. Bosch has been impressive lately as well. On the Mavs side Terry kind of pisses me off too. Ahh, the luxury of not really caring who wins.

Jun 11, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #607 of 827

Quote:
.... it seems like LBJ is dragging Wade down to his level.

Well I have to admit, I have always been suspicious and always work the conspiracy theory into things.

With that said, could it be the lbj "IS" LBJ..??? I mean, LBJ is a can lover...he always wears some time of headphones.  It could be that lbj really is LBJ, and he is talking about LBJ negatively just so we don't suspect that he really is LBJ.

Jun 11, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #608 of 827
Damn.  Busted.

It's Now or Never.  This is the Biggest Game of My Career.  Is the pressure getting to me?  Definitely not, I mean I don't think so, I mean probably maybe.

Btw, Beats are the King of headphones.  You are Witnesses.

Jun 11, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #609 of 827
Lol Lbj, that one layup you made with :30 to go for your only points in the 4th quarter of game five was a good start...

Jun 11, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #610 of 827
I Knew It..!!!!

You didn't fool me one bit, and now that you confessed about Beats you are busted for sure.

FYI, if you step up your game to some better cans your game might improve during these stressful times.  You've got the cash man, at least get some Koss headphones
tongue_smile.gif

But it doesn't matter because my other conspiracy theory says that the series is already decided. Miami take game 6 and the Mavs win it in game 7.  Just between me and you LBJ, throwing these games like this is really going to put you into some good light with [the people who matter]
wink_face.gif
wink_face.gif

Quote:
Damn.  Busted.

It's Now or Never.  This is the Biggest Game of My Career.  Is the pressure getting to me?  Definitely not, I mean I don't think so, I mean probably maybe.

Btw, Beats are the King of headphones.  You are Witnesses.

Jun 11, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #611 of 827
Lol.  The "probably maybe" was not (completely) facetious, it was a paraphrase of his actual response to the question: http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/11/lebron-james-is-a-little-unsure-of-whether-the-pressure-is-getting-to-him/

Jun 12, 2011 at 3:04 AM Post #613 of 827
Jun 12, 2011 at 9:25 AM Post #614 of 827
Him and Delonte are on my blacklist.  They better watch their backs.  Me, I'm gonna call up Pau and figure out how not to disappear in Game 6. 
wink.gif

Everyone says that this is Dallas's last chance.  I wonder, at the level they're playing now, if they could keep contending for many more years.  Dirk's what, 32, so he's got some productive years ahead of him.  Same with Tyson Chandler and JET.  Caron Butler will be back next year.  Only question mark is JKidd, maybe he's thinking retirement soon?  If he does, if they bring in a serviceable starting PG they could still be a formidable team for a while longer.

Jun 12, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #615 of 827
Maybe Dirk hasn't consumed any sugar in five years like his bud Nash.

grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know what you mean, I am rooting for the Heat to force a game seven but may jump ship and start rooting for Dallas at that point because this bunch from Texas obviously has a lot more class.

You might switch rooting interests? Well, I never would have imagined such a thing. 

--

There was one transcendental performance that I haven't seen mentioned yet from game five. This achievement involved a double breasted black suit, framed by a spread collar, accented with gold chains and Dior glasses. Yes Doris Burke has been breathing rare air this series, extremely rare air. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back