MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY
Nov 21, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #856 of 1,383
Do you think 3.1 or 3.2 would be better with a Schiit Mjolnir 2? I use tubes most of the time though I also have LISST.

Nov 22, 2018 at 2:22 AM Post #858 of 1,383
4k USD for a curved ruler, two tiny speakers attached with magnets.

This is what the headphone game has become.

And your smartphone is a box of metal bits, glass and printed PCBs. What's your argument here?

Nov 22, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #859 of 1,383
And your smartphone is a box of metal bits, glass and printed PCBs. What's your argument here?
What smart phone is $4000?
Plus a smartphone is infinitely more versatile then a pair of headphones.

Wasn't proposing any arguments, these headphones just look like a scrapbook project that costs more then my car.

Nov 22, 2018 at 2:54 AM Post #860 of 1,383

Wasn't proposing any arguments, these headphones just look like a scrapbook project that costs more then my car.

Objecting to the price of something based on material and labor costs alone ignores the R&D, tooling, distribution and marketing costs associated with building hardware. An iPhone has at most $200 of parts and labor, and retails for $1,000+.

Are you proposing that Mysphere is the only headphone in this price range that's unreasonable? Because Audeze, Hifiman, 64 audio, Focal and JPS labs have products that are as, if not more expensive. The Mysphere's hold their own in performance with arguably better build quality.

As for beauty, that's in the eye of the beholder but I for one seriously like how they look :)

czbFSkgh.jpg

Nov 22, 2018 at 4:03 AM Post #861 of 1,383
At the expense of the previously raised topic about the weak magnets in the cups.
Magnets are completely normal. No magnet can stand that headphones are removed from the head by the cups. To do this, there are ends of the headband. For cups, you can fix the headband on the head, but you should not remove and stretch the headband touching cups. Of course, magnets will not stand it. But even if they moved away, they easily fall into place.

Nov 22, 2018 at 4:31 AM Post #862 of 1,383
How is production going ? Ordered on 11/16/2018 and was told there is a 4 week wait? Also, thank you so much
for your ongoing communication Mr. Renner and, though it's totally an American Holiday, Happy Thanksgiving!

Production is running smooth.
I calculate that your set is ready in two weeks from now.
BR heinz

Nov 22, 2018 at 4:42 AM Post #863 of 1,383
Do you think 3.1 or 3.2 would be better with a Schiit Mjolnir 2? I use tubes most of the time though I also have LISST.

As the Schiit Mjolnir 2 works with switchable output transfomers in 8 steps to switch, MYSPHERE 3.2 is the best option to use. (like in the most cases by the way!)
Best regards,
Heinz

Nov 22, 2018 at 6:34 AM Post #864 of 1,383

Actually, to better define that which you were doing, it's called trolling. I for one am so sick and tired of people popping
in and going on about there perspective on something that they will not partake in due to the price. If it's not for you, please
do move along or how about you go out and build a better headphone and give it away. You really should look into what
went into the design of this particular headphone, I question that, to make such an ignorant post, you did not read and just
implusively trolled. Also, perhaps, if your car costs less, spend no more time on head-fi and get a second job or go to school.
You wasted some of my time with your 2 posts and time is precious to me.

Nov 22, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #866 of 1,383
Actually, to better define that which you were doing, it's called trolling. I for one am so sick and tired of people popping
in and going on about there perspective on something that they will not partake in due to the price. If it's not for you, please
do move along or how about you go out and build a better headphone and give it away. You really should look into what
went into the design of this particular headphone, I question that, to make such an ignorant post, you did not read and just
implusively trolled. Also, perhaps, if your car costs less, spend no more time on head-fi and get a second job or go to school.
You wasted some of my time with your 2 posts and time is precious to me.

I'm not trolling, I simply think the headphones look cheap and silly. I'm not sure why that upsets you. Maybe they sound great, and garbage bags full of money went into the R&D... In the end, the headphones still look cheap *shrug*

I don't need a second job or further school, that was just a matter of perspective for you. But, no point in arguing, your time is precious so let's not waste any more of it. Enjoy your headphones when you receive them.

Nov 24, 2018 at 7:30 PM Post #869 of 1,383
Hello
Zhanming057,

thank you for the open minded report, even it's just the first chapter! :)

A few comments from MYSPHERE:
1) Yes, we are working continuously on the built quality for the plastic parts as well as the fixation of the "Soundframes" into the head-bow. The modular system allows that.
2) Thank you for the idea with 3.4 and 3.5 ... honestly I was requested for that by a German guy already 1.5 years ago. However it's difficult to make the necessary coils with the extreme thin wires connected well to the lead wires to get the requested long life time.
3) A great amp pairing is and will be the little new upcoming Woo-Audio WA11 - tried prototypes with 3.2 .... really unbelievable! :) Please take your chance and try this combo as well!

BR heinz

The second half of the review is up! And yes I'll definitely try out the WA11. The local dealer might get one soon so that's on the schedule.

Here's another picture of the system I build for the Mysphere 3.2's - well, mostly for the 3.2's, it's what I pair with the INT 90% of the time (and 10% the 1266 phi) :)

C8h0kqbh.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back