MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY
Oct 14, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #829 of 1,383
Hi. I want to post a link to a small page I setup to detail some of my impressions of the MYSPHERE 3.x and a technique that can improve the sound response for people that are wanting a more energetic sound than the stock configuration provides. If you listen to modern music genres like metal/rock/pop/electronic/synth this mod can greatly improve the transparency and energy of the headphone. This concept simply involves removing one of the fabric ear cushions that sits between the ear and the driver. I feel the MYSPHERE sounds more transparent and engaging with this change providing more treble energy and tighter bass. For those interested in trying this I created a small guide you can read here:

http://realstar.neocities.org/mysphere/mysphereinfo.html

- Updated with some amplifier impressions

MYSPHERE_009alt.JPG

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 4:38 AM Post #830 of 1,383
I really like to watch from the sidelines how people break headphones)))) But from the side.
The sound can be changed in various ways. But I am sure that the people who made them think very well about how they should sound right.
And if you don't like the sound, you can buy others.

Oct 20, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #831 of 1,383
It depend also from the music recorded. Many modern music need some adaptations which could be done potentiallly by little EQing as well.
But the described mod is also a way.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2018 at 4:17 AM Post #832 of 1,383
I have taken this a bit further and have been listening with both fabric cushions removed from the holders. I can say that these headphones are absolutely amazing when fully uncovered and not touching the ears. If you value completely natural clarity with startling speed and dynamics coupled with tight bass then I think you absolutely need to try removing both fabric covers. I am keeping the drivers folded out about 1 cm from the frame with these fully nude drivers and I am now completely blown away by the sound. To me a person has not truly heard what these drivers are capable of until they have tried this. I suspect the covers are primarily there to be protective, practical and comfortable when folded inwards and not specifically for sound reasons. I would love to see some measurements or other people’s impressions to confirm the differences I am hearing.

myspherenude.jpg

As a simple example anyone can relate to. Try listening to Michael Jackson’s BAD and tell me whether Michael’s voice sounds more natural and the rhythm and speed of the music is more correct with or without the fabric covers in place. I know which I prefer and no way I will change it back.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2018 at 12:23 AM Post #833 of 1,383
I did some more listening and testing tonight and while amazingly clear I think going completely open may actually be a bit too much. Reverting back to one fabric layer will still get you a much clearer and faster sound without becoming too bright or fatiguing. I find the treble energy and pacing more in line with other high end headphones like hd800 or STAX Lambda series with this change.

Nov 3, 2018 at 4:18 AM Post #838 of 1,383
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=335330963898290&substory_index=0&id=100022641677456

MySphere. Supernatural sound.
Disclaimer – MySphere headphones was bought for full price. I am not afilalated in any way with manufacturers.
For long time I was looking for total headphones without any success. Nowadays flagships are coming almost every day. With S letter or just some cosmetic improvement to justify prices climbing up with glorious explanation – „because they are souding good“. Quality, ergonomic – who cares, when audiophiles are ready to pay thousands for minor upgrades or well known name in speakers.
One day my attention was caught by Mysphere. When I saw pictures and learnedm that behind this project standing Heinz Renner, creator of AKG K1000, my jeart begun to beat faster. Yes, it was love from first sight. After pleasant online conversation with Mr.Heinz I was convinced enough that was ready to say „Goodbye“ for my hard earned money even without auditioning those headphones. They was made with love and passion for music, not money. Well, I had their precessors AKG K1000 – one of top 10 headphonese manufactured ever.
Mysphere – not flagship. Mysphere – breakthroug to the future.
Some short facts:
1.Unique square driver with 5 layer diapraghm.
2.Unique 1,5 Tesla magnet, assemblet from glod plated magnets.
3.Unique shaped headband distributing evenly weight on head.
4.Unique modular construction
5.Unique patented wiring with the same lenght of wires to every driver.
6. Drivers pairing by measuring 5 different values.
7.Every headphones are burnt in 100 hours in factory
8.Hand made in Austria
It is difficult to describe sound of Mysphere. All headphones have their own signature. Mysphere are too natural to have it. In short - delightful treat. Out of this world. Super natural. MySphere combines all the best from speakers and headphones into one single device. Addictive. Detailed, but not sharp Deep, wide and high soundstage. Fast - even in messy tracks (AC/DC "Back in black") keep every single detail. There is no sense to discribe frequencies reproduction – Myshere singing effortless in whole spectrum. Due to open construction without earpds there is no acoustic pressure to the ears – even on loud volumes ears are in comfort zone. On low volumes they hold every detail still.
Matching/pairing – enough to choose between 3.1 and 3.2 models with different impedance (15 and 110Ohm) – Mysphere will reproduce sound coming from your amplifier as it is. Not more, not less.
My friend said about MySphere - comparison with any headphones will be not correct. MySphere can be compared only with very good speakers system costing tens of thousands. I will be short – they are supreme in all aspects to Sennheiser HD 800S, Focal Utopia, Stax Lambda Signature, AKG K1000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back