MYSPHERE 3.1 "FAQ's"
Sep 14, 2018 at 7:00 AM Post #47 of 165
LB-acoustics is expanding the manufacturing capacity for MYSPHERE 3 in Vienna according to the plans.
Within the next 2 weeks further capacity will be available based on new rented rooms of additional 200m² for assembly and final testing.

Oct 4, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #49 of 165
Hello friends,

In addition to many topics - there are many customers who have bought MYPHERE 3 or just borrowed a test set already. THANK's!
Many people send us a report on their impressions ...
But few want to report in the forum, for whatever reason.

Here I quote - of course with the permission of the customer - once such a report under the title "BASSTEST" - because just this specific performance of MYSPHERE 3 is sometimes questioned:

"The Mysphere 3.2 has arrived safely and I have been able to hear, test and compare for a few hours.

The workmanship is really great and a design that does not exist a second time. I first had problems putting it up until I understood it with the hair-bow mode. And then it's really easy to set it up and wear. I have always folded it so that my ears have contact with the fabric cover. More on that later. The cable is nice and long, so light that it does not bother hearing and it does not cause microphonic effects.

The sound is really fantastic and unique! Never before have I experienced headphones that I would not divide into either the bright or the warm headphones. It just makes everything so tonal that I often thought while listening: "Yes, that's exactly how it must sound!". Overall, very natural without under- or over-emphasis of any frequency ranges.
What really stands out is this very open stage technically fantastic staggering and instrument separation, as the system is ultra-clean and fast. It's not the biggest stage picture I know but it's one of the most accurate and natural ones. I sometimes have the problem with headphones when I hear a long time with this strict left and right separation. Since the drums beat left heavy and builds this pressure only on the left ear on what annoys. Since we do not have an auricle here in the sense of having a closed space, I do not have the problem with the Mysphere.
Honestly I had expected a thinner sounding headphone which makes me really surprised and happy in the end! Tonally I find not a single hair in the soup! The treble almost electrostatic fine-resolution and the voice playback very realistic.
Let's go to the bass, which was also often the topic in forums:
The bass is there when it's on the recording and it looks thin, even though it's on the recording. I listen to a lot of metal and rock, and when recording with strong mid-bass, this one is also played hard. If I take some EDM recordings or Erich Kunzel's soundtrack to Jurassic Park, you realize that the Mysphere then misses the ultimate draft, which of course is due to its fully open design. I also tested the Mysphere with unfolded shells. Since the bass is pretty fast too lean. But that's not the intention of you. If you do it as described in the manual, you have enough punch at Rock & Metal! An LCD4 has the ultimate depth and the Abyss the ultimate punch but I would not talk about too little bass in an optimal position of the Mysphere. Hotel California and Loosing my Religion I have not heard so well with any headphones before. That's really fun!
Finally, I would say the Mysphere is perhaps the most neutral and natural-sounding headphones I've ever heard! He has a fabulous tonality and sounds neither too warm nor too bright. With it, you can sit back and relax, because it is very comfortable to wear by his weight. In terms of stage design and airiness, it is on a level with the Abyss.
I can only make two negative points. First, due to the design but at normal music where below 30Hz is not much to cope with. And secondly, extremely high sound levels create little distortions, but this negative point is not so relevant to me. - well over 100dB estimated.

Hope I could reflect my impressions well!
The Mysphere will give me many relaxed horns I'm sure! Because with it you can also hear fabulous lying down. That does not work with others."

Nov 5, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #51 of 165
LB-acoustics is going to increase production capacity in Vienna for MYSPHERE 3 inline with the business plan:

PANO_20181104_111216 (002).jpg
PANO_20181104_112635.jpg

Nov 9, 2018 at 6:30 AM Post #53 of 165
Hello headphone friends,

After careful consideration and some negotiations with the service providers including insurance, LB-acoustics has decided the following:

A) The rental fee (1 week) for a complete Test-Set consisting of MYSPHERE 3.1 + 3.2 "Soundframes", a head-bow and all cables in the original packaging is now only € 100, - net including delivery to customer and return (+ VAT and / or customs depending on the country).

B) Customers who choose and order the regular MYSPHERE Headphone of their choice after renting the Test-Set within 2 months get the full test purchase price (including VAT and / or duty) as a discount.

C) Customers who had previously used the Test-Set was / will be contacted accordingly and of course get the same conditions retroactively.

LB-acoustics hopes that this service will please.

Sincerely, your Heinz

Dec 20, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #54 of 165
Just wanted to update a list of local dealers for and demoing MYSPHERE:

CHINA: Tianyu Lianda at Beijing + Guangzou
FRANCE: Casques-headphones at Nimes
ITALY: Mad for music at Milano
NETHERLANDS: Alpha hing end at Antwerpen, Brasschaat, Turnhout
Audio Life at Winkel
USA: Woo-Audio
AUSTRALIA: BusiSoft (locations not fixed yet)
NEW ZEALAND: BusiSoft (locations not fixed yet)

More will be visible at:
www.mysphere.at

BR heinz

Feb 24, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #55 of 165
Electric connection of MYSPHERE 3

Many intend for modding of the cables for MYSPHERE 3.
That's ok and fair enough, even LB-acoustics this their upmost to optimize the cables available in regards to many issues like: Microphony, electrical values of inductance, capacitance and resistance, material composition, total mass, tear strength, robustness, durability and last but not least the angled single sided connector for most comfort.
Of course, it's always a compromise whatever technician decide for.
Therefore everybody is welcome to create own cables for MYSPHERE 3.

Here is the electric Scheme of the both connectors left and right of the head-bow:

connector scheme Myspere.JPG

Wish all the best and fun testing!

Best regards yours, Heinz

Mar 1, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #56 of 165
@hrklg01 Heinz has kindly sent me a pair of the new "transparent" filter material that can be ordered now as part of new Mysphere 3.1/3.2 orders. I mentioned that I personally preferred the Mysphere 3.2's considerably brighter, more energetic signature without the tuning material (the stock sound is diffused flat and relatively more laid back in the treble), and Heinz came up with the idea of using a much more sonically transparent material (see below) that preserves the smoothness of the original filter's overall presentation.

I've been using the new filters and I love them :) They do exactly what Heinz describes - adding treble energy and a bit of crispness to the overall signature, while still being smoother than using the Mysphere's without any filter material. I ran my Mysphere's with the original filters on a Spectral power amp to get that extra bit of Spectral's famous treble "bite". With the new pads, I feel that treble energy is strong enough with the more laid back (and resolving) Nagra Integrated. The standard filters are closer to neutral, of course, and they are a bit more composed. You're basically trading off a bit of micro control for more treble energy. If you listen to electronic or strongly dynamic music and don't mind a bit more air in the presentation, the transparent filters are probably the way to go.

The "transparent" option will not cost extra with new Mysphere 3.1/3.2 orders. For current owners who wish to purchase a pair of the transparent filters, please inquire with Heinz about pricing.

l7J3B9b.jpg

Jun 1, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #57 of 165
These headphones are absolutely beautiful! The use of magnets, the modularity, the durable metals...and--at least in my lusting imagination--the sublime sound. I can't wait to get a chance to hear them, and hopefully one day own a pair. Thank you, Mr. Renner, for bringing the K-1000 heritage to a new generation. Cheers and take care!

Edit: Listening to the AKG K-1000 through Bottlehead Paramount monoblocks almost 10 years ago is, to this date, the best listening experience I've had...so that's why I am so elated to hear the Mysphere.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #58 of 165
These headphones are absolutely beautiful! The use of magnets, the modularity, the durable metals...and--at least in my lusting imagination--the sublime sound. I can't wait to get a chance to hear them, and hopefully one day own a pair. Thank you, Mr. Renner, for bringing the K-1000 heritage to a new generation. Cheers and take care!

Edit: Listening to the AKG K-1000 through Bottlehead Paramount monoblocks almost 10 years ago is, to this date, the best listening experience I've had...so that's why I am so elated to hear the Mysphere.
Thank you very much for your open and honest remark!
In fact, it's a lot of passion behind if you start with 60 years such a project!
However, I hope that all here enjoy the result!
BR heinz

Nov 1, 2019 at 3:58 AM Post #59 of 165
Again and again questions come up about the materials MYSPHERE 3 is made of....

In the newsletters at https://mysphere.at/ at the bottom of the page, you can find answers. But here is a summary including the reasons for the choice of materials:

HEAD-BOW: The metal is a chrome-nickel steel which is normally used for high quality knives. This avoids any scratches.
The labels are "etched" - absolutely abrasion resistant. Just like a very expensive knife.
The plastics are Polyamide 12 and the surfaces are smoothed and compacted by a glass ball jet process - so they are extremely durable, UV light stable and highly vibration-damping.
The connection between the metal and the plastic is made of Polyurethane. Like the inside of ski shoes! :wink: Strong damping, extremely durable with 600% elongation to break!
SOUND FRAMES: The grid is made out of chromium-nickel steel black and abrasion-resistant chromed. This also to avoid scratches. The connection to the metal frame is again made of polyurethane.
The metal parts are hard-anodized from aircraft aluminum. Labels are laser-engraved. No abrasion possible.
The plastic part is also Polyamide 12 as for the head-bow.
The CUSHIONS: Everything consists of "spaced fabric" made from Polyamide fibers from a German manufacturer. So foam is avoided to really ensure UV light and skin-sweat resistance.
The frame of the "DRIVER" again consists of Polyamide, so that it stays elastic. The magnet system consists of 20 pieces of the strongest magnets currently available. They are gold plated for exceptional corrosion protection.
The MEMBRANE consists of a 5- and partially 6-layer compound. In any case, Polyarylate, Acrylate, glass, rubber, TPE partially foamed are used. The composition itself is secret.
The COIL is made of aluminum / copper coated and the stranded wires are from Kevlar and silver. This combination brings the best sound (combination of conductivity and mass) and stability to be able to withstand the high acceleration values of more than 1000g permanently, which are generated when peak pulses are played.

If you still want to know something ... please ask.
regards Heinz

Nov 2, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #60 of 165
Again and again questions come up about the materials MYSPHERE 3 is made of....

In the newsletters at https://mysphere.at/ at the bottom of the page, you can find answers. But here is a summary including the reasons for the choice of materials:

HEAD-BOW: The metal is a chrome-nickel steel which is normally used for high quality knives. This avoids any scratches.
The labels are "etched" - absolutely abrasion resistant. Just like a very expensive knife.
The plastics are Polyamide 12 and the surfaces are smoothed and compacted by a glass ball jet process - so they are extremely durable, UV light stable and highly vibration-damping.
The connection between the metal and the plastic is made of Polyurethane. Like the inside of ski shoes! :wink: Strong damping, extremely durable with 600% elongation to break!
SOUND FRAMES: The grid is made out of chromium-nickel steel black and abrasion-resistant chromed. This also to avoid scratches. The connection to the metal frame is again made of polyurethane.
The metal parts are hard-anodized from aircraft aluminum. Labels are laser-engraved. No abrasion possible.
The plastic part is also Polyamide 12 as for the head-bow.
The CUSHIONS: Everything consists of "spaced fabric" made from Polyamide fibers from a German manufacturer. So foam is avoided to really ensure UV light and skin-sweat resistance.
The frame of the "DRIVER" again consists of Polyamide, so that it stays elastic. The magnet system consists of 20 pieces of the strongest magnets currently available. They are gold plated for exceptional corrosion protection.
The MEMBRANE consists of a 5- and partially 6-layer compound. In any case, Polyarylate, Acrylate, glass, rubber, TPE partially foamed are used. The composition itself is secret.
The COIL is made of aluminum / copper coated and the stranded wires are from Kevlar and silver. This combination brings the best sound (combination of conductivity and mass) and stability to be able to withstand the high acceleration values of more than 1000g permanently, which are generated when peak pulses are played.

If you still want to know something ... please ask.
regards Heinz
I like how you addressed almost every issue related to the build of the AKG K1000 in the Mysphere.
All the letters on the K1000 were painted on and it was so easy to rub them away if you didn't handle the headphones carefully. The red headband was so easy to scratch and you fixed that too.
The foam at the back of the driver deteriated very quckly, so you made the sound frames completely without it, so they can work for many years without any service.
The temple pads on the AKG K1000 needed to be replaced after a few years of use, so you made the headband with that very durable mesh material.
The two sided cable of the K1000 was heavy and clumsy, so you decided to make the single-sided connection, and more then that, a person can choose either side.
Not to mention, with the K1000 you need a speaker amp and you can use the Mysphere with a portable player.
Great work, really. I guess the way the Mysphere is built, it can outlive its owner. The AKG K1000 could work for 30 years, but the Mysphere probably can work for 50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back