My WA6SE arrived home battered and broken (bought from another Head-fi'er)...
Jun 2, 2010 at 11:24 AM Post #61 of 120

Quote:
Another weird thing; there seems to be NO serial number on the outside anywhere. 
confused_face_2.gif

It is weird, there is no label too.  Did you contact Jack about this?

Jun 2, 2010 at 11:26 AM Post #62 of 120

Quote:

Apparently it was like that when bought by the original owner (who is not the seller in question).  The original owner said so himself. I guess some units had a different chassis.  Absence of a serial on the outside does puzzle me though... need to do a more careful inspection in and out later.

Jun 2, 2010 at 11:27 AM Post #63 of 120

Quote:

I'll bet anything it's the prototype. 

Jun 2, 2010 at 12:57 PM Post #64 of 120

That ad says he is selling the sophia along with the amp.  K19 said that tube was crushed on arrival.  Then the same seller is selling another Sophia.  Strange.
Quote:
If that's who's amp it was, this guy will be lucky to ever see anything.  This person walked off from an L.A. meet with a pair of Ultrasone ED8 headphones and someone else's cable adapter and ruined 1/3 of the meet because we were all searching for them.  Only after threatening people with legal action did I get a response saying it was accidentally taken, and it was returned by mail several days later.  How do you walk out of a meet with a pair of headphones not belonging to you when you only come in with one pair of headphones and one amp?

Jun 2, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #65 of 120
No, in the end, the sale did not include the Sophia.  Mainly because I already have one for my WA6. The transaction included the unit, stock driver and rectifier tubes.

Jun 2, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #68 of 120

Quote:
Horrible, horrible. I am so so sorry for your loss

I hear ya. I think the OP has a excellent chance of recovering his money. Let's all root for him. 

Jun 2, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #69 of 120

Quote:
Perhaps Jude will see this thread and maybe he can do something about it.  He was already made aware of the headphone theft incident when it happened.

I do not think this is just another fluke.  I think this person, myk7000 (Mark) knows exactly what he is doing and should be banned from the forum.

I bought HD650s from him, and they were shipped fine in excellent condition. Honestly, this sounds like a fluke to me...

Jun 2, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #71 of 120
OP I would suggest if you are planning on returning the amp you do not do ANYTHING to it to "get it working"

Jun 2, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #72 of 120

Quote:
OP I would suggest if you are planning on returning the amp you do not do ANYTHING to it to "get it working"

Agreed 100%! Do not mess with it!

Jun 4, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #73 of 120
any updates?

Jun 4, 2010 at 1:07 PM Post #74 of 120
Things will all become clear on my end at least by this weekend.  Not going to say anything yet.  I'll keep you all posted.

Jun 4, 2010 at 1:08 PM Post #75 of 120
Hope it gets all sorted mate..Fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back