My WA6SE arrived home battered and broken (bought from another Head-fi'er)...
Jun 7, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #92 of 120
Sounds like the amp may be a doorstop at this point. And I know from experience that the USPS won't even START to process a claim for 30 days. So I would do all I could to escalate the PayPal claim and/or CC chargeback. The seller blew it, and needs to make this right. Negative feedback for sure, sucks for everyone but the seller is making it much worse by delaying and obstructing your refund.

Jun 7, 2010 at 2:54 PM Post #93 of 120

Quote:
Sounds like the amp may be a doorstop at this point. And I know from experience that the USPS won't even START to process a claim for 30 days. So I would do all I could to escalate the PayPal claim and/or CC chargeback. The seller blew it, and needs to make this right. Negative feedback for sure, sucks for everyone but the seller is making it much worse by delaying and obstructing your refund.

That's a serious problem for the current plan if this is true... I am going to have to contact the seller about that and what he has to say about this... it means that the amp won't be able to be sent back for repairs to Woo anytimes soon either, since the amp will most likely have to remain the way it is if it has to be sent back for insurance claim (the seller claims that I won't necessarily have to send it back... but I simply don't see that; what will they have to go by as proof?).

Jun 7, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #94 of 120
K-19,you shouldnt be patient.what you should do is file a paypal claim to get ALL your money back and in the mean time wait for usps to call you(which i doubt....) and when they give you the $650(again which i doubt..) send it to the seller along with the amp.
you shouldnt be nice and wait till its too late,its your right and you have every reason to do this.

the amp is expensive and its alot of money.i honestly dont know how all you want is the amp to work... if i were you,i wouldnt even want it even if it is working because the appearance is simply terrible to look at.

i am just trying to help,but please dont be too kind in this situation.i know its sensitive,but its the seller whole fault because of the crappy packaging.

Jun 7, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #95 of 120
wow 3 pages of positive feedback and 1k+ posts :/. I dont think ill be able to buy anything used here.

Jun 7, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #96 of 120

Quote:
i know myk7000 personally. he is a honest seller and this is definitely a fluke done by USPS. maybe because of the accident at one of the meet that set a bad impression for you of myk7000, but he did not do it on purpose or else that issue wouldnt have been resolved. from what i heard is that myk7000 is waiting on USPS insurance and will send out the insured money to the buyer once it gets here. i'm also not liking something else i heard about the buyer finding myk7000 on facebook, making threats, and demanding immediate cash returned

What a crock of Sh!t

K_19,  you did nothing wrong and should have your money returned  ASAP. 

Busy with CanJam is BS.

The Seller's responsibility is to send you back your money before he even thinks of going on a Holiday to CanJam.

Quote:
How do you walk out of a meet with a pair of expensive headphones that don't belong to you "by accident"? Does myk7000 have a drinking problem? Is he on drugs?

Also I think you are myk7000.

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Few things: ........................

...............I'm trying to stay patient with all this, and giving the seller every chance to work this out.

Big Mistake.  Get you money back ASAP, by what ever means you can, while you can.  Do It Now ! 

Why should you have to wait for anything.

Walk away from this transaction as quickly as possible and get a different amp.

Quote:
K-19,you shouldnt be patient.what you should do is file a paypal claim to get ALL your money back and in the mean time wait for usps to call you(which i doubt....) and when they give you the $650(again which i doubt..) send it to the seller along with the amp.
you shouldnt be nice and wait till its too late,its your right and you have every reason to do this.

the amp is expensive and its alot of money.i honestly dont know how all you want is the amp to work... if i were you,i wouldnt even want it even if it is working because the appearance is simply terrible to look at.

i am just trying to help,but please dont be too kind in this situation.i know its sensitive,but its the seller whole fault because of the crappy packaging.

Everything he said X2 + Do It Now!

Jun 7, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #97 of 120
I've sent a PM describing the situation and am giving him ONE more chance to straighten this out... Actions will speak louder than words, is all I will say.

Jun 7, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #98 of 120

Quote:

What a crock of Sh!t

K_19,  you did nothing wrong and should have your money returned  ASAP. 

Busy with CanJam is BS.

The Seller's responsibility is to send you back your money before he even thinks of going on a Holiday to CanJam.

For the sake of clarity, what I meant in that sentence is that he apparently sent an email to Jack regarding repair and hasn't gotten a response from  Jack yet, likely because Jack is busy with Canjam stuff (so he may not have had time to read emails yet).  The seller is not at Canjam and was never planning on going.

Jun 7, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #99 of 120

Quote:
wow 3 pages of positive feedback and 1k+ posts :/. I dont think ill be able to buy anything used here.

Well, my experience with him was positive, but thinking back, I was struck by how little packaging went into it. I guess that his lack of effort finally caught up with him. 

Jun 7, 2010 at 4:00 PM Post #100 of 120

Quote:
For the sake of clarity, what I meant in that sentence is that he apparently sent an email to Jack regarding repair and hasn't gotten a response from  Jack yet, likely because Jack is busy with Canjam stuff (so he may not have had time to read emails yet).  The seller is not at Canjam and was never planning on going.

IC, it's easy to misunderstand in forum posts,  but that doesn't really change anything.

I can't for the life of me understand why you would want this amp even if it was repaired.  Who knows what else is damaged ?  This thing is Fubar'd.  Why do you want to let the seller stall around for a few months with repair estimates and back and forth communications, then another few months of negotiating on who is going to pay what, and then after everything is settled, wait until Jack gets around to repairing it? 

Get rid of this problem.

Heck, by the time you would get a working amp you're going to probably want something else.

USG

Jun 7, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #101 of 120
^ +1

K_19, I would not want to use the amp if I were you, even if it has been fully reconditioned.

Jun 7, 2010 at 4:08 PM Post #102 of 120

Quote:

I can't for the life of me understand why you would want this amp even if it was repaired.  Who knows what else is damaged ?  This thing is Fubar'd.  Why do you want to let the seller stall around for a few months with repair estimates and back and forth communications, then another few months of negotiating on who is going to pay what, and then after everything is settled, wait until Jack gets around to repairing it? 

well said!

Jun 7, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #103 of 120
You are getting screwed man get that Paypal claim filed ASAP....

Jun 7, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #104 of 120

Quote:
You are getting screwed man get that Paypal claim filed ASAP....

Totally screwed! Even if Jack repairs it, it's never going to look new. You can replace the transformer covers, but if there are scratches on the main chassis, those cannot be repaired without totally unwiring the amp. The cost would probably be more than a new amp! X2 on the paypal claim! DO IT NOW!!

Jun 7, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #105 of 120
I've dealt with horrible sellers before, and I'm seeing a classic pattern here.  The seller is stalling.  He's buying time.  He's passing the blame.  He's claiming he's waiting for USPS to get back on the claim.  Etc, etc, etc...not returning emails very promptly....stall after stall after stall......

It's a classic stall.  If he stalls long enough, he'll expire statutes of limitations, or at least increase his chances the buyer will just give up.  He knows this and is deliberately stalling.  Scumbag action.  If you buy an item from a legitimate business, like Amazon or B&H Photo, and if UPS smashed your package, THE STORE SHIPS YOU A NEW ONE ASAP AND DOES THE DIRTY WORK BEHIND THE SCENES TO RECOVER THEIR MONEY.  THEY DON'T WAIT FOR THE CLAIM TO BE INVESTIGATED BEFORE SENDING YOU A NEW ITEM OR REFUNDING YOUR MONEY.

The bottom line is the buyer should get his money back right now--independently of any time frame the USPS of Paypal puts on the claim service.  The companies--USPS and Paypal should not interfere with doing the right thing.  The buyer gets all the money back regardless of the claim.  The seller refunds all money out of pocket now, and hopefully recovers some money from a claim.  It's not up to the claim to determine if buyer gets money back.  BUYER GETS ALL MONEY BACK ASAP BEFORE CLAIMS ARE INVESTIGATED!!!  There's a reason why the shipper pays insurance and the not receiver.  Think about that for a second.

The seller is using a classic technique of stalling.  Don't let him get away with it.  If he stalls so much as 10 more minutes, use a Paypal dispute or threaten legal action.  You are protected under the law that says you are entitled to the worth of your purchase.    

Users who are viewing this thread

Back