My WA6SE arrived home battered and broken (bought from another Head-fi'er)...
Jun 4, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #76 of 120

To the OP,you are indeed a very patient man and I hope that the trust you are showing comes through.

If it had have been me in these circumstances there would have been a chargeback on the CC by now.

Jun 4, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #77 of 120

Quote:

To the OP,you are indeed a very patient man and I hope that the trust you are showing comes through.

If it had have been me in these circumstances there would have been a chargeback on the CC by now.

PayPal is in charge here. Very rarely will a CC company even try to stand up to them.

Jun 5, 2010 at 10:41 AM Post #79 of 120
Good luck.

Quote:
Things will all become clear on my end at least by this weekend.  Not going to say anything yet.  I'll keep you all posted.

Jun 6, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #80 of 120

Quote:
PayPal is in charge here. Very rarely will a CC company even try to stand up to them.

My last dispute with Pay Pal involved goods not delivered,Pay Pal advised after two weeks that they found in my favour but were unable to recover any money.

I did a charge back with my CC company and four weeks later it was done.

Pay Pal would prefer people not to know that you CAN charge back.

And if you have a valid reason for doing so there is nothing that Pay Pal can do about it,except to withdraw there services.

Maybe in Australia we are better protected.

Jun 7, 2010 at 3:28 AM Post #82 of 120

Quote:
Perhaps Jude will see this thread and maybe he can do something about it.  He was already made aware of the headphone theft incident when it happened.

I do not think this is just another fluke.  I think this person, myk7000 (Mark) knows exactly what he is doing and should be banned from the forum.

i know myk7000 personally. he is a honest seller and this is definitely a fluke done by USPS. maybe because of the accident at one of the meet that set a bad impression for you of myk7000, but he did not do it on purpose or else that issue wouldnt have been resolved. from what i heard is that myk7000 is waiting on USPS insurance and will send out the insured money to the buyer once it gets here. i'm also not liking something else i heard about the buyer finding myk7000 on facebook, making threats, and demanding immediate cash returned

Jun 7, 2010 at 5:31 AM Post #83 of 120

Quote:
i know myk7000 personally. he is a honest seller and this is definitely a fluke done by USPS. maybe because of the accident at one of the meet that set a bad impression for you of myk7000, but he did not do it on purpose or else that issue wouldnt have been resolved. from what i heard is that myk7000 is waiting on USPS insurance and will send out the insured money to the buyer once it gets here. i'm also not liking something else i heard about the buyer finding myk7000 on facebook, making threats, and demanding immediate cash returned

buyer should get refund now. usps is never going to pay the insurance claim considering how it was packed.

Jun 7, 2010 at 6:01 AM Post #84 of 120
I agree with momomo6789 that the seller should personally refund the money now. It's not about questioning his honesty or integrity, but just common sense.
In this deal, the buyer has done all the right things and should not have to wait. As for the seller, granted he has been unlucky by the handling of USPS, though there are some things he could have done maybe to prevent this, or at minimum minimize the damage. 
he should/could have posted fragile stickers.
He could/ should have packed it better. maybe he didnt have the original box for the amp but by the looks of it he used an old, used  box with not enough protection inside. Or he could have used a better material like a plastic box found at any K-mart or other stores. granted it would cost him more sending fee but he could have possibly avoided this situation.
and lastly, since the buyer had no fault in the dealing whatsoever, there is no need to withhold his money. even in the case of insurance fails. so he really doesn't have any reasonable excuse to ask the buyer to wait. if the reason is lack of funds that again is a not acceptable as no one should use the money until the transaction is satisfactory and complete. in this case it wasn't.

Jun 7, 2010 at 11:26 AM Post #85 of 120
In all reality, the seller received money, so unless he desperately had to use it, couldn't he just return that received money, and wait for the refund on his own?  Refunds of that size take WEEKS, not days.

That's what I did when a damaged good arrived to one of my buyers.  Immediate, within 5 minutes of noting it was broken on arrival, refund and filed with my post office.  (Mind you, CanadaPost)

Also, having his name and picture is an asset.  Legal things can be pursued much easier.

Jun 7, 2010 at 11:47 AM Post #86 of 120
Considering how poorly the amp was boxed, I highly doubt the seller will be able to collect anything. It's in paypal's hands now. Ultimately the seller will be the big loser here.

Jun 7, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #87 of 120

Quote:

if he was an honest seller,he would send ALL the money first and then wait for insurance money so he can take it to himself.As for the amp,
he can send it back to Jack to see what can be done to the poor thing.he should have packed it with jack's original packaging.

Jun 7, 2010 at 12:15 PM Post #88 of 120

Quote:

How do you walk out of a meet with a pair of expensive headphones that don't belong to you "by accident"? Does myk7000 have a drinking problem? Is he on drugs?

Also I think you are myk7000.

Jun 7, 2010 at 12:32 PM Post #89 of 120

Quote:

How do you walk out of a meet with a pair of expensive headphones that don't belong to you "by accident"? Does myk7000 have a drinking problem? Is he on drugs?

Also I think you are myk7000.

Agreed.  He isn't myk7000 though.  j2kei was another person on the meet list.

Jun 7, 2010 at 1:21 PM Post #90 of 120
Few things:

- First of all, I am waiting very patiently for the USPS to contact me, or so I was told by the seller, in regards to the insurance claim.  I am also skeptical on whether the claim will be successful, but I am giving it a chance before I think about taking further actions.  If this requires sending the amp back to the seller or USPS, I'm planning to ask for at least some form of financial deposit into my account as collateral on his end.  BTW, the insurance amount, should it be successful, would only be around $650, apparently the max amount allowed under the shipping method he used; the seller has yet to address what he would do with rest of the money left over or if the claim is denied, and I would appreciate him doing so.  Although if he stays sincere and helpful in this situation then I'm willing to just let that amount go into the amp repair process with Jack (see below; of course, if the repair costs more than that then it would need to be funded on his end) and just call it even.  Honestly, all I want is a working amp and I'd rather see that in the end than a straight return.

- I was NOT the one that found him on facebook, that was retrieved by another member here on Head-fi who wanted me to give heads up in case anything went wrong.  His paypal address wasn't under his own name, and therefore I did not assume that the email was, either.  And the seller hasn't been as attentive as I'd like him to be through Head-fi PM's and I needed another method of communication (although apparently there are certain unfortunate circumstances on seller's end which prevents him from being more attentive).

- As for getting angry and making threats, well... I honestly can't see anyone blaming me from acting so at this point (and you know what, the seller doesn't either. Even he understands why I'm just a tad bit frustrated here to say the least!).  I've been as patient as any buyer can be in this situation, this whole things been progressing very slowly, and these "threats" weren't threats at personal level at all, it was merely telling him that I'm not afraid to take measures on my end in order to see back my money.  I still have the PM saved as proof of this if I need to disclose it.

- The main course of action we've agreed upon so far is that we'll wait for the insurance claim over the next few days and that he would also contact Jack at Woo Audio to inquire about the repair process.  It's been 3 days and apparently he has not gotten a response back; from my understanding he's busy with a lot of Canjam stuff currently so I'm willing to be more patient with that.  The problem I see here is that I can't really see Jack stating a specific amount for repair until he sees the amp itself, and from all the external/internal damages (it will definitely need a new chassis, and possibly a new transformer and other internal parts), I don't see this being cheap.

I'm trying to stay patient with all this, and giving the seller every chance to work this out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back