Musical Fidelity M1 HPA and Audeze LCD2s
Sep 11, 2012 at 2:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Tuberoller1

Member of the Trade
I currently have a musical fidelity M1 HPA driving a pair of Denon AH-D7000s.  After reading all the buzz I'm thinking of getting a pair of LCD2s and trying them out.  Will this amp adequately drive the LCD2s?  MF claims it can drive headphones of any impedance "The HPA enjoys the lowest 1ohm source impedance and is capable of sustaining a full 1W into low impedance (30ohm) cans"

Has anyone tried this pair, would it theoretically drive them, or would I be better with something more powerful like a schiit LYR?

Sep 11, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #4 of 7
Sorry, i meant the Lyr, just edited it.  I love the MF/Denon combo, I'd just like to see how it stacks up to the LCD, and a lot of people say you need the right amp to get the most out of them

Sep 11, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
Sorry, i meant the Lyr, just edited it.  I love the MF/Denon combo, I'd just like to see how it stacks up to the LCD, and a lot of people say you need the right amp to get the most out of them

I'd say try the LCD-2 on your current setup first to see how it works.

If your budget allows in the future, I've heard a lot of good things about the Vioectric V200 pairing with the LCD-2.  

I can let you know in a few days how the HA-160D sounds with them, and perhaps that will give you more options in your choice for your future amp purchase.

Sep 11, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

I can let you know in a few days how the HA-160D sounds with them, and perhaps that will give you more options in your choice for your future amp purchase.

Are you getting it? 
I liked the Audez'e LCD2 pairing with it. 

(next time ask on the headphone amps section 
wink.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back