**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Aug 14, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #2,867 of 3,203

I made my own cable after failing to find a satisfying replacement. The plug I used was called Oyaide P-3.5, it has that extra length that allows it to fit in the MDs.

I bought a pair of Mad Dog Pro's, but the connection to the headphones is actually a round connector with pins.

My cable is maybe 3' in length, not very long at all. I'll need to get something longer, or just go with an extension cable I guess. This is what mine looks like, although mine is 3.5mm at the other end, not 1/4''.

Aug 14, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #2,868 of 3,203
I bought a pair of Mad Dog Pro's, but the connection to the headphones is actually a round connector with pins.

My cable is maybe 3' in length, not very long at all. I'll need to get something longer, or just go with an extension cable I guess. This is what mine looks like, although mine is 3.5mm at the other end, not 1/4''.

The pro comes with the new "universal" plug. You can buy them from the website of you plan to build your own cable. Most of the usual custom cable companies now carry the plug as well.

You could always find a friend here in the forums to build you one.

Aug 14, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #2,869 of 3,203
The pro comes with the new "universal" plug. You can buy them from the website of you plan to build your own cable. Most of the usual custom cable companies now carry the plug as well.

You could always find a friend here in the forums to build you one.

Thanks a lot; that is really helpful as I'm somewhat new to the game.  Are there any particular cable companies that you could recommend?  Anything with decent build quality would be cool with me. I think I've heard of BTG, but don't know of anyone else.

Aug 14, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #2,871 of 3,203

Here is a Norne Audio cable I use for my Alpha Dogs. For such a thick cable it is very flexible, even more so than the stock one. I think the cable is either 23.5 or 24 AWG but there is a lot of OCC litz copper and SPC. I could probably melt it down and sell it or make it a pimpin necklace

Sep 14, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #2,872 of 3,203
How different is the sound between teh Mad dogs 3.0 with dog pads vs Mad dogs 3.2 with alpha?

Sep 15, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #2,873 of 3,203
Does any one know how the Mad dogs 3.2 would pair up with the ALO PanAm

Sep 18, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #2,878 of 3,203
Some people with glasses put the phones on first then tuck the glasses in above the ear, nestled in the pad. It reduces pressure on the arms of tr glasses.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back