**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Sep 18, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #2,882 of 3,203
  I would say you will lose the perception of detail compared to ER-4S, but you will gain in other areas so it's still worth trying a pair if you can

What do you mean by the perception of detail?  Would the detail remain intact but it won't be as forward in your face?  I hear the lows and the mids really shine with detail and a natural tone to them with the high range merely being rolled off.

Man, I wish there was a place in town here that actually carried a pair of these puppies.  I'd love to try them.  Ugh; decisions, decisions.

Sep 18, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #2,884 of 3,203
  Man, I wish there was a place in town here that actually carried a pair of these puppies.  I'd love to try them.  Ugh; decisions, decisions.

Mrspeakers attends many meets and shows. Maybe check if there's an upcoming one that you can make...

Sep 18, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #2,885 of 3,203
Yes, that was pretty much my thinking. I'm not sure that the Mad Dogs can be as resolving as the Etys and even if they are, their presentation will seem less detailed because of their smoothness.

Eh; that was what I was hoping for.  Looks like I'll be jumping on them when I get the chance.  It sounds like it is going to be a nice change.

Thanks for your input.

Sep 24, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #2,886 of 3,203
i think its time for new HP from Mr Speakers something that will blow our brains 

Sep 25, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #2,890 of 3,203
For public transport?  Nah.  I never use over the ear headphones for that.  They are large, bulky, and protruding.  It's why we have high end IEMs.  I just use those are they won't get in the way.

On an airplane or extended trips, definitely, but not an every day carriage sort of thing.  However, due note that is only my preference but not because these headphones would be completely fine to do so.

Sep 25, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #2,893 of 3,203
We have had exactly two mechanical repairs from drops that broke the ball joint.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Sep 25, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #2,894 of 3,203
  Would the Fiio e17 be sufficient to drive these? What about the e12? Or is there a better portable amp out there for <$200?

I'd probably roll for the E12. My C421 could drive them, but you really had to be forceful with the gain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back