**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Aug 10, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #1,261 of 3,203
Quote:
I couldnt wait to read comparision between the Alpha Dog vs. TH600/900 and upcoming Audeze LCD close version.

Ditto. And the Paradox, of course :wink:.

Aug 10, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #1,262 of 3,203
Could you point me in the direction of where to buy these plugs, and/or do you sell them?

I will post source and pinout Monday...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Aug 10, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #1,265 of 3,203
It is a similar color. I kept mistaking them at the Cal Audio Show today. Loved the Alpha Dogs and plan to do the upgrade when it is available later this year.

Aug 11, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #1,266 of 3,203
Quote:
There is orange peeling on these, they were from our first production test and was done just in time for a photo shoot.  Sharp eyes!  The final finish is much more uniform and that is definitely a part of our QA process.

There are many factors that determine what shapes will work well.  We are function-first, and the form follows the function.  

Dan,

Congratulations on this new offering to your fine selection of Mad Dogs headphone selections!

Aug 11, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #1,268 of 3,203
relocated post to Alpha Dog thread per kstuart's suggestion.

Aug 11, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #1,269 of 3,203
Quote:
To Dan & the Beta testers:

Do the characteristics of the Alpha Dogs (neutral, more revealing) vs. the Mad Dogs (dark, more warm) lend the AD's more to tube amp considerations, like the Schiit Audio Lyr? I know that Jude mentioned the Mjolnir & the HiFiMan EF-6 I believe as good choices for the AD's stating high current & wattage allow these cans to achieve maximum performance.

Were the Alpha Dogs voiced with any particular amps that can be shared with the viewing public?

The Alpha Dogs thread is at:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/676095/mrspeakers-alpha-dog-revealed-the-worlds-first-production-3d-printed-headphones

This is the Mad Dogs thread (you will get much more attention for your question on that other thread).

Aug 11, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #1,270 of 3,203
Hi guys!  A little over a year ago I sold my headphone to bring in money due to my wife's third battle with cancer.  It's been a hell of a year, she made it through two surgeries and chemo only to have it roar back only four weeks into her returning to work.  Long story short....battle number four is almost over, just a few more scheduled chemo sessions, and I landed the best job of my life as this was going on.  I'm going to splurge a little this Christmas and purchase the balanced version of Dan's Mad Dogs.  It will be close, but I should also have the funds needed for the ALO The International.  Do any of you have experience with this DAC/Amp?  Would it mate well with the Mad Dogs?  Thanks in advance for any guidance you could offer me!

Greg

Aug 11, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #1,272 of 3,203
Hi guys!  A little over a year ago I sold my headphone to bring in money due to my wife's third battle with cancer.  It's been a hell of a year, she made it through two surgeries and chemo only to have it roar back only four weeks into her returning to work.  Long story short....battle number four is almost over, just a few more scheduled chemo sessions, and I landed the best job of my life as this was going on.  I'm going to splurge a little this Christmas and purchase the balanced version of Dan's Mad Dogs.  It will be close, but I should also have the funds needed for the ALO The International.  Do any of you have experience with this DAC/Amp?  Would it mate well with the Mad Dogs?  Thanks in advance for any guidance you could offer me!

Greg

I can't help you with the amp i'm afraid, but if anyone deserves a treat it's you, enjoy them and i wish your wife well.

Aug 11, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #1,273 of 3,203
Thanks guys!  I think The International would have the juice....what about the 22 ohm output impedance?  I guess that wouldn't be a problem considering the fact that a lot of people are going the vintage receiver route?

Aug 11, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #1,274 of 3,203
Quote:
Thanks guys!  I think The International would have the juice....what about the 22 ohm output impedance?  I guess that wouldn't be a problem considering the fact that a lot of people are going the vintage receiver route?

Before buying anything, be sure to read the following thread about the new MrSpeakers headphones:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/676095/mrspeakers-alpha-dog-revealed-the-worlds-first-production-3d-printed-headphones

Aug 11, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #1,275 of 3,203
Quote:

Greg

I remember when you had posted your complete headphone rig for sale here on the forum.  The past year seems like quite challenge.  Sending good thoughts to you and your wife to be able to get through this ... and to get back to living a life without worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back