MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Nov 28, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #2,791 of 5,796
^

I'm new to the flow. So I'm still getting to grips with it.

However I had a session between 2AM and 3AM last night. One of those I just can't sleep sessions.

Geez. It sounded so great. Nearly brought tears to my eyes. So thank you and congrats on producing such a great HP.

Nov 28, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #2,792 of 5,796
^

I'm new to the flow. So I'm still getting to grips with it.

However I had a session between 2AM and 3AM last night. One of those I just can't sleep sessions.

Geez. It sounded so great. Nearly brought tears to my eyes. So thank you and congrats on producing such a great HP.

They really are special! Going without them for a day or so whilst I get a minor issue resolved and it is already horrible! :p

Nov 28, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #2,793 of 5,796
  Alrighty thanks. I see in your signature you also own the 800s so I trust ya mate :wink:

Agree the Ether Flow are a great choice for a first planar HP.  They work well on many music genres.  I also own the LCD-X that have more bass punch, but the Flow have a more engaging mid/treble sound quality than do the X.  The X still win on bass.  Depends on the type of music you like.

Also, I can verify the Flow sound exceptional with the Gumby - Bryston BHA-1 stack!  Rock on, y'all.

Cheers,
RCB

Nov 28, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #2,794 of 5,796
I had a small problem with my upgraded Ether->Ether Flow; when I received them the left angled earpad was a little bit compressed in comparison to the right pad. Also the left earpad was actually pressing a little against my ear which was very uncomfortable after listening for a while.

Peter suggested I could try to put in a piece of foam between the earpads to allow the left earpad to fully extend itself. This helped a little but the left side still pressed against my ear. Then Peter send me a set of replacement earpads I received today. This totally solved the problem. Much more comfortable.

Thanks MrSpeakers! Perfect service!

Scanspeakman

Nov 29, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #2,795 of 5,796
have anyone tried aftermarket cable on the ether flow?

I'm looking to increase the mids(quantity, or make it a little more forward) a bit, me being a mid-head and all, I just want to try it. LOL

I had a small problem with my upgraded Ether->Ether Flow; when I received them the left angled earpad was a little bit compressed in comparison to the right pad. Also the left earpad was actually pressing a little against my ear which was very uncomfortable after listening for a while.

Peter suggested I could try to put in a piece of foam between the earpads to allow the left earpad to fully extend itself. This helped a little but the left side still pressed against my ear. Then Peter send me a set of replacement earpads I received today. This totally solved the problem. Much more comfortable.

Thanks MrSpeakers! Perfect service!

Scanspeakman

I checked mine after reading your comment, actually, mine is a bit like that too, although the difference is not extreme, it is puffier on one side.
here are some photos:

can anyone comment on this? thx

Nov 29, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #2,797 of 5,796
My ether c (not flow) look like they have more variance than that from New. I noticed it right away but they sounded good and felt good so didn't think anything of it

This is probably why I didn't notice it until today, LOL ^_^

but I though it is best to ask around, just to be sure.

U back on full-sized now? I thought you were on IEM route last time? hehe

Nov 29, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #2,798 of 5,796
Hey Folks,

I've seen this page related with the Ether Flows... Any feedback from the seller? The price is really tempting...
blink.gif

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649315319-mr-speakers-ether-flow-and-c-holiday-sale-price-match/

Regards.

Nov 29, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #2,799 of 5,796
Nov 29, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #2,800 of 5,796
The mr speakers website has them for the same price. It's a holiday promo. Just get them there instead of the link you provided

It's probably less expensive for Canadians to buy from a Canadian dealer than it is to import the headphone if the sale price is the same in their country. Import fees can be a real pain in the rear.

Nov 29, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #2,802 of 5,796
The ear pads will NOT compact symmetrically, the leather is natural and will almost alway break differently on each side and the foam is super soft and thus will compress assymetrically. If we use harder foam this goes away, but then so does the comfort. We make the pads this way because most people consider comfort a VERY high priority.

Use a flat surfaced stand like a bendy head or a foam block to separate the pads during storage if pad assymetry bothers you. Once in a while a pad may be bad, it happens, but there really have only been a handful since we started shipping over 1.5 years ago. A bad pad is one where one ear really doesn't feel like it's fitting right, not one where there's an exterior assymetry.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Nov 29, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #2,803 of 5,796
I'm about to pull the trigger on the Ether Flow or Ether C Flow.. both have their advantages and all but I'm still trying to decide between the two. The Flow is obviously going to have a wider soundstage and the C Flow will likely have a punchier bass/sub-bass. 

I listen to a lot of metal and also game often. I loved the LCD-X and XC but had to sell them off due to comfort issues. Now I have the Hifiman HE560 with upgraded pads and they are awesome. Very detailed and punchy but not slamming. 

I am leaning toward the open Ether Flow over the Ether C Flow due to the desire for closed vs need for closed back and having a more open sound.

I guess I'm just trying to get a confirmation of my thoughts before I order them...

Nov 29, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #2,804 of 5,796
I'm about to pull the trigger on the Ether Flow or Ether C Flow.. both have their advantages and all but I'm still trying to decide between the two. The Flow is obviously going to have a wider soundstage and the C Flow will likely have a punchier bass/sub-bass. 

I listen to a lot of metal and also game often. I loved the LCD-X and XC but had to sell them off due to comfort issues. Now I have the Hifiman HE560 with upgraded pads and they are awesome. Very detailed and punchy but not slamming. 

I am leaning toward the open Ether Flow over the Ether C Flow due to the desire for closed vs need for closed back and having a more open sound.

I guess I'm just trying to get a confirmation of my thoughts before I order them...

If you don't need a closed headphone and you game a lot then I would go with open. I went with closed because I hate how open headphones sound like mini speakers since they leak so much and I listen to a lot of electronica/dance. Also I absolutely love how they have carbon fiber on them.

For gaming and metal though im sure the Flow would be better for you but I'm only guessing since mine come in a couple of days from now.

I'm sure someone here can confirm/deny this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back