MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Nov 26, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #2,762 of 5,796
Our next ear pads will be available in January (in advance of the electrostatic headphone) they are the electrostatic headphone pads with a spacious, round hole.  We tested these out with lots of experienced listeners and many found it to be a very nice experience, particularly an even larger soundstage.  For those who like experimenting with pads to tune the sound the pads should be entertaining.  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Nov 26, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #2,764 of 5,796
Our next ear pads will be available in January (in advance of the electrostatic headphone) they are the electrostatic headphone pads with a spacious, round hole.  We tested these out with lots of experienced listeners and many found it to be a very nice experience, particularly an even larger soundstage.  For those who like experimenting with pads to tune the sound the pads should be entertaining.  
still leather correct?

Any plans for a velour pad or would it affect sound?

Nov 26, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #2,765 of 5,796

Will it changed the bass at all? Bigger holes sounds good because my ears touch the sides a little bit and the increased soundstage is always a plus :D

Nov 26, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #2,766 of 5,796
still leather correct?

Any plans for a velour pad or would it affect sound?

Yes, later.  Velour = no bass, we're still looking for alternates but it's slow work.
Will it changed the bass at all? Bigger holes sounds good because my ears touch the sides a little bit and the increased soundstage is always a plus
biggrin.gif

It does change the sound a little, reducing upper midrange/lower treble, for people who like a little darker mids it seems to click.  That's also part of the soundstage change, it's a bit like moving a few rows back from the stock pads POV.  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Nov 26, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #2,767 of 5,796
Yes, later.  Velour = no bass, we're still looking for alternates but it's slow work.

It does change the sound a little, reducing upper midrange/lower treble, for people who like a little darker mids it seems to click.  That's also part of the soundstage change, it's a bit like moving a few rows back from the stock pads POV.  

Awwww did not realise velour does that with bass. Well hopefully you guys figure it out.

Nov 26, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #2,768 of 5,796

Straight to the flows.

:)

Nov 26, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #2,769 of 5,796

Damn, these new pads sound perfect! Sign me up for a pair when they are release :D

Nov 27, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #2,771 of 5,796
I'm new to the Ether Flow party. Just got a pair.

Early impressions are these are very nice.

Nov 27, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #2,773 of 5,796
Nice my friend....Wait until you hit the Ether magic 160 hrs Mark....
A nice way to listen to music counting down to Xmas..
Have fun and let us know the highs and lows...

Wait I thought Dan said in an interview he was going to make a burn in rig at the shop so it's kinda done when you already get them?

Though I rather do it myself to get the experience of it.

So you gotta do it yourself? Plus I thought it was around 40 - 60 hours?

Nov 27, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #2,774 of 5,796
Nice my friend....Wait until you hit the Ether magic 160 hrs Mark....
A nice way to listen to music counting down to Xmas..
Have fun and let us know the highs and lows...

Wait I thought Dan said in an interview he was going to make a burn in rig at the shop so it's kinda done when you already get them?

Though I rather do it myself to get the experience of it.

So you gotta do it yourself? Plus I thought it was around 40 - 60 hours?

Mine is second hand. So already burnt in. Ready to go.
gs1000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back