1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Jul 14, 2016.
First

Back
175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184
186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195
Next

Last
  1. greenkiwi
    I totally would too... Maybe the pads could be hybrid with leather in the interior.

As it stands I tend to use my LCD Vegan pads just because I find them so comfortable.

2. mrspeakers Contributor
    Our next ear pads will be available in January (in advance of the electrostatic headphone) they are the electrostatic headphone pads with a spacious, round hole.  We tested these out with lots of experienced listeners and many found it to be a very nice experience, particularly an even larger soundstage.  For those who like experimenting with pads to tune the sound the pads should be entertaining.  

MrSpeakers Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on MrSpeakers at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://www.mrspeakers.com/ info@mrspeakers.com
    Middy likes this.
  3. greenkiwi
    I've been doing a good job avoiding dropping :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag: during black Friday with the ether stats as my reward.

4. danieldpagan
    still leather correct?

Any plans for a velour pad or would it affect sound?

5. Rowethren

Will it changed the bass at all? Bigger holes sounds good because my ears touch the sides a little bit and the increased soundstage is always a plus :D

6. mrspeakers Contributor

Yes, later.  Velour = no bass, we're still looking for alternates but it's slow work.

It does change the sound a little, reducing upper midrange/lower treble, for people who like a little darker mids it seems to click.  That's also part of the soundstage change, it's a bit like moving a few rows back from the stock pads POV.  

MrSpeakers Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on MrSpeakers at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

7. danieldpagan

Awwww did not realise velour does that with bass. Well hopefully you guys figure it out.

8. cj3209

Straight to the flows.

:)

9. Rowethren

Damn, these new pads sound perfect! Sign me up for a pair when they are release :D

10. mrspeakers Contributor
    Yeah, unfortunately it has the same effect as breaking the seal.  

11. Badas
    I'm new to the Ether Flow party. Just got a pair.

IMG_4044.jpg

IMG_4048.jpg

Early impressions are these are very nice.

12. Middy
    Nice my friend....Wait until you hit the Ether magic 160 hrs Mark....
    A nice way to listen to music counting down to Xmas..
    Have fun and let us know the highs and lows...

13. danieldpagan

Wait I thought Dan said in an interview he was going to make a burn in rig at the shop so it's kinda done when you already get them?

Though I rather do it myself to get the experience of it.

So you gotta do it yourself? Plus I thought it was around 40 - 60 hours?

14. Badas

Mine is second hand. So already burnt in. Ready to go. [​IMG]

Middy likes this.
  15. danieldpagan

Second hand? Damn who wouldn't want these?

First

Back
175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184
186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195
Next

Last