MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Nov 26, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #2,746 of 5,796
I would agree, I found the Ether Flows more comfortable personally. Bit lighter and suspended headbands are always a win. I do slightly prefer the feel of the velour pads on the Elear but not much in it. On that note any chance you might make velour pads Dan? Would be a good tuning method for people that like different sound possibly. Just an idea :p

Nov 26, 2016 at 7:43 AM Post #2,747 of 5,796
I've tried a few variants of Velour pads. It killed the sound in every case. It would take redesigned pads from Dan to get Velour pads into play. Knowing Dan he's probably already tried.

Nov 26, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #2,748 of 5,796
I guess it would be a fair bit of work to tune them right but velour is way more comfortable in the summer months though, in my opinion anyway.

Nov 26, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #2,749 of 5,796
  I guess it would be a fair bit of work to tune them right but velour is way more comfortable in the summer months though, in my opinion anyway.

Agreed. I don't like how leather pads start to feel after a while. In winter it's more comfy than velour but in summer it can be pretty bad. I still overall prefer quality leather but optional velour pads could be a nice accessory.

Nov 26, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #2,750 of 5,796
  Agreed. I don't like how leather pads start to feel after a while. In winter it's more comfy than velour but in summer it can be pretty bad. I still overall prefer quality leather but optional velour pads could be a nice accessory.

My sentiments exactly! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 26, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #2,752 of 5,796
Flat earpads will reduce soundstage and bass.
I've tried different pads and also external rear damping on ethers but find the stock tuning to be best possible. Dan knows what he is doing better than most of us.

But its still fun to try different things :D

Nov 26, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #2,753 of 5,796
Flat earpads will reduce soundstage and bass.
I've tried different pads and also external rear damping on ethers but find the stock tuning to be best possible. Dan knows what he is doing better than most of us.

But its still fun to try different things
biggrin.gif

yes, I found playing with pads to be interesting nowadays, I think it will be cool if we can change the tonality based on our mood.
I think the flat pads will bring forward the mids, which I also like sometimes.

Nov 26, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #2,754 of 5,796
Interesting discussion on changing the sound using different ear pads but I can't even think about changing the sound as my Flow C's sound so pleasing, so organic - don't know what to call it; it has an ethereal quality to it that's pretty addicting...

L3000.gif

Nov 26, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #2,755 of 5,796
Well personally I wouldn't really want a major sound change as I also love the sound of my Ether Flows. The thing I really meant was to get some summer friendly velour pads with as close to original sound as possible.

Nov 26, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #2,756 of 5,796
Interesting discussion on changing the sound using different ear pads but I can't even think about changing the sound as my Flow C's sound so pleasing, so organic - don't know what to call it; it has an ethereal quality to it that's pretty addicting...

Glad that you like them so much. Did you go straight to c flow or upgrade?

:L3000:

Nov 26, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #2,757 of 5,796
I put my order in for a pair of Ether Flows yesterday. I must say that they ticked all the boxes for me when I auditioned them extensively this summer. I found them to be the most comfortable head phones I have ever worn. And the sound quality is about perfect for me as I am not a bass head, but I love bass. I am not able to enjoy trebly signatures like the Senn 800's, but I want to dip into more treble than I usually go for. I value midrange and vocals, but I focus more on the instruments. I love a good soundstage, but find really wide or deep ones to be distracting. I like tiny details but would rather have to focus on them than to have them pushed forward at me. And I want to be able to listen for hours. Plus they are well made and beautiful! Looking forward to having them in hand...

Nov 26, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #2,759 of 5,796
Well personally I wouldn't really want a major sound change as I also love the sound of my Ether Flows. The thing I really meant was to get some summer friendly velour pads with as close to original sound as possible.

I would love to eventually see velour pads. They feel great and I even think they look better for my taste. Kind of like carbon fiber and Alcantara interior in a sports car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back