MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Nov 22, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #2,716 of 5,796
I think you two are in the need of a intervention. Just saying ; )

Nov 23, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #2,717 of 5,796
Haven't skimmed all the posts but on my Ether Flow C's, sound leaks out more than I expected.  Not too much but it's def. noticeable.  I don't think I can bring this into a library.  (not that I would).

CJ

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #2,718 of 5,796
  Haven't skimmed all the posts but on my Ether Flow C's, sound leaks out more than I expected.  Not too much but it's def. noticeable.  I don't think I can bring this into a library.  (not that I would).

CJ

Hmm...possibly a seal problem. Do you wear glasses?

Nov 23, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #2,719 of 5,796
Lol, I do actually.

Nov 23, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #2,720 of 5,796
Do you listen at quite loud volume? Not judging, just curious. I use the non Flow C at night, my lovely wife is undisturbed. From my one day long experience with C Flow and non Flow side by side, leakage on both is equivalent and minimal. They leak more when you crank em up. Loud enough to leak is too loud for my listening pleasure. YMMV of course.

Nov 23, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #2,721 of 5,796
Do you listen at quite loud volume? Not judging, just curious. I use the non Flow C at night, my lovely wife is undisturbed. From my one day long experience with C Flow and non Flow side by side, leakage on both is equivalent and minimal. They leak more when you crank em up. Loud enough to leak is too loud for my listening pleasure. YMMV of course.

No, its not that loud actually. I'm just comparing to my closed-back ALO-780s with Jenna cabling and those have very minimal sound leakage-I guess I'm spoiled.

Nov 23, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #2,722 of 5,796

CJ

I absolutely agree with you. It is not proper to use in a library. In a more louder environment like airplane, it would be acceptable.

Nov 23, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #2,723 of 5,796
No, its not that loud actually. I'm just comparing to my closed-back ALO-780s with Jenna cabling and those have very minimal sound leakage-I guess I'm spoiled.

Ahhh. Way different headphones. I had the 780 and did a 2 cable re cable and a bunch of damping inside the cups. Arguably similar to the ALO headphone. I recall them being very isolating. In the end, sound never got to where I could completely enjoy them.

Still, I would have no issue with the C's at the library. I usually listen in the (very) quiet side though.

Nov 23, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #2,724 of 5,796
  I absolutely agree with you. It is not proper to use in a library. In a more louder environment like airplane, it would be acceptable.

I actually tried to listen to the Oppo PM-3 which is closed back on an airplane trip once...complete waste of time because the roar of the engine simply overwhelmed the sound unless I turned it up so loud that I would have gone deaf...I stick to IEM's for plane trips!

Nov 23, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #2,725 of 5,796
I actually tried to listen to the Oppo PM-3 which is closed back on an airplane trip once...complete waste of time because the roar of the engine simply overwhelmed the sound unless I turned it up so loud that I would have gone deaf...I stick to IEM's for plane trips!
If you sit in front of the wings it's not too bad but agree IEM's for me too.

Nov 23, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #2,726 of 5,796
Man I have around a week and a half left waiting for the ether c flow to arrive. Now that I know I'm getting them I've done nothing but pace around and look at any forum post and video about the ethers. The 2 week lead time is driving me crazy especially since I only have $50 Iems right now. Though I'm happy it's a massive success. A bright future for Mr speakers it seems.

Nov 23, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #2,727 of 5,796
This anxiety is making me spend... I now have a battery powered 5v intona and ground lift IFI Idefender. I ordered a Airlink balanced isolation transformer...a DC offset filter and a Isotek filter...That my birthday xmas and new year presents gone....Just need my icing on the cake...
But I am dam lucky to have anything so I can't moan...Hopefully they will be a boost to fidelity...I just want to make those new flows sing.

Have a great thanks giving. An American lad in work is dragging 30 people out for a meal...nice guy...

Keep smiling

Dave

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #2,728 of 5,796
For those looking to pick up an Ether Flow or C Flow, we have a limited stock of both on hand currently, with no waiting!

http://www.headamp.com/order/mrspeakers-ether-flow/

http://www.headamp.com/order/mrspeakers-ether-c-flow/

For a limited time, you can get 10% off your purchase as well! See www.headamp.com/black-friday-2016 for the sale!

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Nov 24, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #2,729 of 5,796
Just saw Tyll's new Flow and Flow C measurents. I'm struck by how similarly I have my gen1 Ether EQ'ed now, in relation to the difference in frequency response of the Flow closed to open. Guess I should upgrade to the C.

OTOH, I may forgo my upgrade slot next year if it comes before CanJam in NYC. I think I should audition both.

Nov 24, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #2,730 of 5,796
Just saw Tyll's new Flow and Flow C measurents. I'm struck by how similarly I have my gen1 Ether EQ'ed now, in relation to the difference in frequency response of the Flow closed to open. Guess I should upgrade to the C.

OTOH, I may forgo my upgrade slot next year if it comes before CanJam in NYC. I think I should audition both.

Flow c measurements from tell? Where?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back