1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Jul 14, 2016.
First

Back
197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206
208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217
Next

Last
  1. hemtmaker
    I wonder if Tyll got a defective pair: he mentioned the measured distortion level is a bit high on the ether c flow, which contradicts the THD graph listed in the first page of this thread. It is supposed to be similar to the ether flow and lower than the non flows

2. mysticstryk
    How would I go about getting my original Ether C upgraded to the Ether Flow Open?

3. MattTCG

Look at the right hand side of the page for the upgrade request form.

http://mrspeakers.com/ether/

4. mysticstryk

Thanks Matt! Was pouring over the storefront and even found the dead pages (unless you had a password) for the actual upgrades via a Google search. Who'd of thought it would be on the actual product page. Apparently not me!

5. AxelCloris Administrator

I agree that it's a killer amp. I've been using the HAD with my ETHER Flow and it's been wonderful. Incredible synergy.

6. Yoga
    Yeah, 430 HA/HAD is a fantastic amp.

7. Badas

It's a fantastic SS amp if you want a SS amp to sound like a tube amp. Tyll keeps calling it his reference amp. In my opinion a reference SS amp should have the best SS can offer. The 430HA doesn't do this. It is rather flawed.
    At the time I had it, my tube amp had more treble detail. That is unheard of. A tube amp beating a SS amp in detail. What!
    We were using a special test track and certain detail was missing from the 430 HA.
    Then we did a speed test. Geez the 430HA was slow and sloppy. It fell apart. The 430HA is primarily designed to sound like a tube amp. If you want a tube amp without the hassle of tubes then it's a good option. I would rather have a SS amp that showed the benefits of SS and a tube amp for when you want to mellow things down. That's what I ended up doing.

At the time we had the 430HA, 230HA, Auralic Taurus, Violectric V281 and Oppo HA-1 we ranked the amps like this (best to worse)

Violectric V281*, 230HA (it's design is not flawed and better than the 430HA), Auralic Taurus (a little cold sounding), 430HA and then the Oppo HA-1 (geez that was bad and miles behind). All amps being runned off one DAC the Auralic Vega.

*tested on the XLR output where it uses 4 amps to drive the headphones. Purely brilliant stuff. The single end is not as good.

8. Muinarc
    Does the speed test require the ingestion of illicit substances?

9. Badas

:D It might have helped the 430HA. :D

10. mysticstryk

Not really. At least, not good tube amps.

11. Rowethren
    Very interesting... Tyll basically just wrote a mini retraction about the Ether C Flows not making it to the wall of fame:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/i-made-bad-call-mrspeakers-ether-c-flow-makes-wall-fame

Delayeed likes this.
  12. Delayeed
    What? Now the both Ether Cs are up there lol. I think Tyll just wanted to keep his pair [​IMG]

13. Bambule
    From my point of view, very good and respectable move from Tyll. He's brave enough to give such an statement. Never saw a reviewer do such a thing

14. jlbrach
    You are most certainly entitled to your opinion but there are a ton of awards and thrilled owners out there who would disagree....the 430 is one of the very best reviewed products i have ever seen....

15. jlbrach
    I think Tyll also erred when it came to the LCD-4 which I find to be the best HP I have ever heard.....oh well

First

Back
197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206
208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217
Next

Last