1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Jul 14, 2016.
First

Back
198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207
209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218
Next

Last
  1. ubs28

A legendary mastering engineer called the 430 fake tubey and soft sounding also. So I'm quite confused also why Tyll calls it a reference amp.

2. Badas

Of course there will be fans. There are masses of amounts of HP listeners that like tubes. I'm one of them. However a SS amp that destroys detail is entry level rubbish and should not be used to review HP's. A amp that provides full spectrum sound should be used.

I'm not saying the 430HA sounded awful. It was nice sounding. However if you own a tube amp don't bother. If you want the best SS can offer then it's not the amp and there is no way it is reference or should be used to evaluate.

Exactly.

3. RCBinTN
    Personally, when I read Tyll's review of the Ether Flow C, I thought the Focal Utopia kept getting in the way of his impressions of the Flow C.  

4. musicday
    As stated by Mr Speakers itself both Ether Flow and Ether C Flow benefit troumendously from the burn in effect, Tyll mentioned nothing about that,but he said the older model was a better one in his opinion, which I think is wrong.
    Maybe he rushed with the review and didn't spent enough time with it.

zer010gic likes this.
  5. sunneebear
    A public apology. Man Tyll, that must have hertsome...

Sorry, someone had to do it. Way to man up to a mistake Tyll.

6. mrspeakers Contributor
    Well, we certainly appreciate Tyll's reconsideration on the Wall of Fame; it's really great that he thought so hard about this! 

Also, I'm pleased to say our new employees have really come on strong; we've been working 6 days a week, some of the team has been putting in overtime, and we've been relentlessly improving our production processes so not only are we pretty much finally caught up to back log, but all orders will ship in time for Christmas and Hannukah. 

As a result, we are all setup for upgrades in volume starting next month, we may even ship notices to the first group starting this month. 

MrSpeakers Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on MrSpeakers at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://www.mrspeakers.com/ info@mrspeakers.com
    Currawong, RCBinTN and reddog like this.
  7. heliosphann

Woo hoo! Great news for the holidays.

8. MattTCG

IMO this was a very classy act. Many people are too prideful to ever admit being less than perfect or even revising their opinion on something they've declared. Big props to Tyll. [​IMG]

RCBinTN likes this.
  9. Middy
    Would that include Mark's Electro Mod Batch?
    With a premium product it as much attitude as aptitude....
    Setting up product lines is a nightmare at times but new workers have fresh eyes and hopefully ask questions you didn't see ..or just lived with.....
    Cutting corners on time doesnt always mean cutting standards... Getting the best out of suppliers trading skills to help the common good....
    Boms drawings work flows...machine skills...I hope people realise the effort just to turn the lights on in a company and design make things....
    7 years in manufacturing Engineering makes me regret all the it's them fools statements from being an machinist ..assembler tester ...Soldering tech..
    Running the whole show.. I can't get my head around that..I like my little corner of the world.....

10. Sonic Defender Contributor
    I'm not so sure, he didn't really retract what he said, he softened it just a hair at best. What I read is that he created a new "criterion" for WOF inclusion, but beyond that I don't read any substantive retraction.

11. mrspeakers Contributor

Yes, his large order shipped and should be there shortly if not already.

Nice summary, you captured a lot of it!  It's really hard to grow staff and suppliers and improve quality and yield at the same time.  

Of course you also have to include personal emergencies, turnover, cashflow management, accounting and taxes, HR issues, unexpected equipment downtime, it's pretty never ending.   

OK, off to go see Rogue One.  

[​IMG] 

MrSpeakers Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on MrSpeakers at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://www.mrspeakers.com/ info@mrspeakers.com
  12. heliosphann
    Tyll's hitting that Egg Nog reallhy hard this time of year. [​IMG]

13. Sonic Defender Contributor
    I'm still thinking the beard has a part to play in all of this.

14. GU1DO
    Hi all ..

I have one question ..

How is the ETHER C Flow (sound stage) and (bass) compare to :

Fostex TH-900 ?

And ETHER  Flow ?

Thanks in advance ..

15. doraymon
    Can I add the Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd gen to the list, in case anyone had the chance to do a direct comparison?

First

Back
198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207
209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218
Next

Last