1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Jul 14, 2016.
First

Back
196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205
207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216
Next

Last
  1. musicday
    I like Tyll's reviews but i don't know what to believe here.This the first time I hear something negative about the Ether C Flow.Either his wasn't burn on at least 200 hours,or he has set the benchmark high with Utopia.
    I have tried them myself at the London CanJam out of the Cavali Tungsten and they were fantastic.Both of them Ether Flow ad C Flow.
    He focuses too much on measurements i see.By the way: both units had the Kimber Kable.

2. husafreak
    I think personal preference has a lot to do here. I have always felt that way about the general superiority of open cans but over the years I realized that is just for me. It is just the sound of open cans is more to my taste. But I was starting to worry that the Flow C was superior from these forums but still when I compared them I went for the open sound.

3. Skyyyeman

​Good points and, yes, the review is puzzling.

It seems there is also a contradiction in Tyll's review. He states that he attributes much of his perceived shortcomings of the Ether C Flow to the inherent limitations of a closed headphone (versus an open one.) Yet, he had no such problem with a closed headphone limitation in his gushing favorable review of the non-Flow Ether C. So how can a closed headphone limitation apply to the C Flow but not to the regular C?

Perhaps the answer does lie in the fact that the bar has been set higher with the introduction of the Focal Utopia, which was introduced just about the same time as the Ether C Flow -- and after his review of the regular Ether C. If so, does that mean that all headphones will now be judged by this new higher standard -- and that subsequent headphones, and all prior reviews and ratings, should now be downgraded?

4. jlbrach
    Tyll has become difficult to use as a reference for me lately....some of the things he says make little sense to me.......as the previous poster suggests,he praised to Ether C to the moon yet somehow all of a sudden has problems with the inherent limitations of the closed can now when it comes to the Ether C Flow.....also he will speak glowingly of a HP and then all of a sudden relegate that HP to also ran status a few months later when another HP comes along......I used to pay attention to him but it is becoming harder and harder for me to take him seriously

5. Sonic Defender Contributor
    Maybe age is catching up with him? [​IMG]

6. mscott58

Or the beard weighing him down?

(Sorry Tyll, couldn't resist)

7. buke9
    Well heard him speak at Canlanta this spring and he says dsp is going to make any headphone sound like whatever one you want within 5 years. That was the reason Apple bought Beats. He also said all amplifiers sound the same then quickly said no they don't and gave no qualifier for the previous statement it was kind of strange.

8. Smileyko
    Tyll indirectly got me into this so call hobby. I bought the PM2 like 6 months ago. And I watch one of his reviews and I just remember him saying the 2 cables that comes with it all sounded the same. He just like the smaller one, so that's the one I put on. After 150 hours of burn in you know what? The PM2 sound just ok and not great. I decided to break out the main cable, thick, can't travel with it. The sound improved 200%. Next thing you know I am all over this Head Fi for the top of the line after market cables. Then I bought all the phones that will fit the same cables I bought. Now I am over $20K in after just 6 months. I really think this guy can't hear. Of course he base his reviews on measurements. I am laying low but fallowing every post here. I think I will get this to add to my collection after the Chinese new year from HKG. Cheers.

RCBinTN likes this.
  9. mordicai

Just read Tyll's review of the Flow C. Wow. All I could think of was Dan must have pissed him off some way. For the first time since I have been reading his reviews I totally disagree with him. I had my C's upgraded to Flow C's by Dan and for me they are a big upgrade. I like them much more then the original C's. I like them more then any headphone I have heard. Well, so much for Innerfidelity.

zer010gic likes this.
  10. emptymt
    I think he's probably using the 430HA as the amp for reviewing, maybe the synergy wasn't good.

zer010gic likes this.
  11. Badas

Yeah. That keep going through mind as well. He put the 430HA on the wall of fame. I really didn't like the 430HA. It was dull and slow. Not what you want from a SS amp.

12. heliosphann

Hey Carlos Menstealia, get your own material!!!

[​IMG]

13. mscott58
    Ha! Sorry about that. Didn't realize that schtick had already been taken. Respect. 

heliosphann likes this.
  14. jlbrach
    The 430 is one thing i agree with Tyll about lol...damn fine amp,best i ever heard

15. mysticstryk

Your not searching very hard if this is the first time reading something negative about the Ether C Flow. He's not the only one that has taken issue with the new Flow design as compared to the original.

Delayeed likes this.
First

Back
196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205
207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216
Next

Last