1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Jul 14, 2016.
First

Back
186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195
197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206
Next

Last
  1. SHAMuuu

Well she does have a beautiful voice. I wonder how much is Alison and how much was the headphones.[​IMG] I'm sure she could make me cry on other headphones [​IMG]

2. mrspeakers Contributor
    Alison fans should check out Madelaine Peyroux's The Blue Room...

MrSpeakers Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on MrSpeakers at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://www.mrspeakers.com/ info@mrspeakers.com
    RCBinTN likes this.
  3. Phoebus7

I would suggest to listen to focal elear cheaper, punchier and 5 years garantee

4. MattTCG

That one is nice. She was in Atlanta just a few weeks ago and my wife and I were able to see her perform a live set in a small venue. It was a really an enjoyable evening. While I like Blue Room, the new release, Secular Hymns, is outstanding. Try the 24/96 for some audiophile goodness. 

RCBinTN likes this.
  5. Rowethren

Never listened to her before but damn that voice! Really good backing music and nicely mastered which is always a plus. Just spent 2 hours listening and feeling super relaxed now :D

Tempted to copy you as well and buy some Ether 1.1 foam to try in my Flows as a tad more bass would be good for me personally. I don't suppose you can comment on noticing any negative effects of using the foam like shrinking the soundstage or anything like that?

6. heliosphann
    Love all those Criterions. At one point I had like 1-4xx on DVD.

7. pippen99
    +1 on Secular Hymns.  Outstanding!

RCBinTN likes this.
  8. Badas

Yeah! I enjoy most of my Criterions, Eureka and BFI blu-rays.

Thanks. Hobby gone mad.

That's what I was using. Not the tube amp. I think the V281 is the first SS amp that beats tube amps in tube sound quality.

9. Badas

Definitely HP's. We are both serious Alison Krauss listeners. She has heard many times before. This is the first time tech made her react that way. All day today she's been talking about a second pair.

Thanks. I will order tomorrow.

10. Satir
    n/a

11. JerseyD

I could never listen to MP because of the way she mimicked Billie Holiday's phrasing. If her latest effort moves away from that, I'll have to check it out. Who is LJS? (And I only go for abbreviations after someone has been mentioned by name in a prior post, sorry :wink:)

On another subject, I used to be amused by the periodic comments by listeners who declare Ethers (any model) to be bright without properly burning them in. These things really do change and improve. And then recently I auditioned the Focal Elear at a reputable competitor of mine who carries them. I was warned that they had not been broken in enough but listened anyway. Driven by a very good DAC and amp I am very familiar with, I thought the Elear sounded awful, with hashy muddled highs. It really put me off them. Now, As a seasoned head-fi'er know I need to go back after they are broken in and give them another chance, but... Now I see how some forum members form an opinion and stick with them even when it is unfair (like my experience with the Elear, or someone who listens only on a noisy show floor, or with electronics or even music they are not familiar with). There is no way I would go over to the Elear forum and declare 'These things stink!' (Or better yet, 'These things stink! Have you tried the HD650?' LOL)

Skyyyeman likes this.
  12. Satir

13. Sonic Defender Contributor
    My mother would love this post, she rails against being addressed as a guy. I don't agree with her mind you, she over-reacts. At a restaurant the waitress said hey guys what can I get you and my mother launched into a lecture about how she wasn't a guy. Mothers, you just have to love them.

14. RCBinTN

LOL.  Oops, sorry.
    My mother would agree, bless her heart.  She was tougher than most guys I know to this day.  Thanks for the thought.

15. RCBinTN

Just ordered this CD.  I'm a big fan of Alison Krauss and the notes on this album are very interesting.  Info from the Amazon site...

"THE BLUE ROOM features Madeleine reinterpreting songs from Ray Charles seminal album MODERN SOUNDS IN COUNTRY & WESTERN MUSIC, as well as others from legendary artists such as Randy Newman and Leonard Cohen, whose legacies are herein enveloped into a similar melting pot of the variety of American popular song.  Released in the summer of 1962, MODERN SOUNDS was a daring album for Charles as it broke the mold of what was expected from him, and in turn, truly represented artistic freedom something that clearly inspires Peyrouxs album THE BLUE ROOM."

Thanks for the tip!

Best -
    RCB

First

Back
186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195
197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206
Next

Last