MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
post-13056654
Post #2,911 of 5,674

buke9

Headphoneus Supremus
Help and Recommendation Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah baby! :gs1000smile: Now we are talking.

I just added one black and I'm in heaven. :) Just took that edge away.

Sorry to be a pain. Feeling very newby here.

How do you remove the pads? I want to stick the filters between the drive and pads. The felt is a little irritable just tucked in from the outside.

You are worth your weight in gold on this site by the way.
Just pull them off. There is a slot that the edge of the pad fits in. Easy to do.

post-13056664
Post #2,912 of 5,674

mrspeakers

Sponsor: Dan Clark Audio (Formerly MrSpeakers)
Reaction score
Website
danclarkaudio.com
Yeah baby!
Now we are talking.

I just added one black and I'm in heaven.
Just took that edge away.

How do you remove the pads? I want to stick the filters between the drive and pads. The felt is a little irritable just tucked in from the outside.

There is never any harm tuning your headphone to fit your needs...   Do be aware that as the headphone burns in the highs do smooth out.  I might suggest you leave the pads on until you're certain, but regardless, removing the pads couldn't be easier.  Just pinch the pad between the ear-well and the outside at the base where the pad contacts the headphone and gently tug outwards, the elastic gives easily enough and the pad pops off.  

Putting it back on is the reverse, I usually just get about half the mounting elastic inserted into the slot then use the hand holding the headphone to "pinch" the pad to the headphone, and use the free hand to work the elastic into the slot, pinching the inserted area as I work around the pad.  Search MrSpeakers ear pad on youtube, I have a video showing it for the Alpha pad, the process is the same.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
post-13056667
Post #2,913 of 5,674

x RELIC x

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Yeah baby! :gs1000smile: Now we are talking.

I just added one black and I'm in heaven. :) Just took that edge away.

From what I've followed the foam should go on the outside of the pads, not under. I have no idea if there would be any detriment to putting them underneath though.

To remove the pads you work the leather off of the ring in the cup by pulling a portion out and then roll the leather pad around while gently pulling. It takes some time but can be done. To replace the leather pads do the reverse but starting with the notch in the plastic and rolling the pad around until it's all back on. It takes a little patience but it's not hard to do.

Thanks for the kind comments btw. :)

post-13056738
Post #2,914 of 5,674

Badas

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
There is never any harm tuning your headphone to fit your needs...   Do be aware that as the headphone burns in the highs do smooth out.  I might suggest you leave the pads on until you're certain, but regardless, removing the pads couldn't be easier.  Just pinch the pad between the ear-well and the outside at the base where the pad contacts the headphone and gently tug outwards, the elastic gives easily enough and the pad pops off.  

Putting it back on is the reverse, I usually just get about half the mounting elastic inserted into the slot then use the hand holding the headphone to "pinch" the pad to the headphone, and use the free hand to work the elastic into the slot, pinching the inserted area as I work around the pad.  Search MrSpeakers ear pad on youtube, I have a video showing it for the Alpha pad, the process is the same.

From what I've followed the foam should go on the outside of the pads, not under. I have no idea if there would be any detriment to putting them underneath though.

To remove the pads you work the leather off of the ring in the cup by pulling a portion out and then roll the leather pad around while gently pulling. It takes some time but can be done. To replace the leather pads do the reverse but starting with the notch in the plastic and rolling the pad around until it's all back on. It takes a little patience but it's not hard to do.

Thanks for the kind comments btw. :)

I found the video thanks. Worked it out. A little tricky getting it back on but with some help from my son we got it.

Big success this morning. Improved comfort and sound. Loving the sound with black filter added.

I put the filter directly onto the flow grill. Is that okay?

post-13056947
Post #2,915 of 5,674

mrspeakers

Sponsor: Dan Clark Audio (Formerly MrSpeakers)
Reaction score
Website
danclarkaudio.com
I put the filter directly onto the flow grill. Is that okay?

Yes, as long as the part is laying square and flat and the installed materials are replaced.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Reactions: Badas
post-13057735
Post #2,916 of 5,674

Bambule

Previously known as Wozniak
Reaction score
Does the flow and c flow come stock with this tuning kit?

post-13057795
Post #2,917 of 5,674

Rowethren

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Does the flow and c flow come stock with this tuning kit?

Nope can still order them separately though if you want them.

post-13058854
Post #2,919 of 5,674

Badas

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Wow!

Here is a testimony to how good Ethers are. I've been listing to them all weekend and I think they are stunning. However I just slipped them onto my wife's head. She said she was going to cry and then a tear rolled from her eye. :eek: She held onto them longer than any previous headphone. Eventually when she was ready she said "Okay I finially get headphones, that one is next level".

I had to post her reaction. It gave me a fright actually. She hasn't reacted to anything audio like that before.

post-13058871
Post #2,920 of 5,674

MattTCG

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Wow!

Here is a testimony to how good Ethers are. I've been listing to them all weekend and I think they are stunning. However I just slipped them onto my wife's head. She said she was going to cry and then a tear rolled from her eye.
She held onto them longer than any previous headphone. Eventually when she was ready she said "Okay I finially get headphones, that one is next level".

I had to post her reaction. It gave me a fright actually. She hasn't reacted to anything audio like that before.

Very nice! Well, not that you made your wife cry but you know. That she appreciates the hobby and all. 

post-13058877
Post #2,921 of 5,674

SHAMuuu

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Wow!

Here is a testimony to how good Ethers are. I've been listing to them all weekend and I think they are stunning. However I just slipped them onto my wife's head. She said she was going to cry and then a tear rolled from her eye.
She held onto them longer than any previous headphone. Eventually when she was ready she said "Okay I finially get headphones, that one is next level".

Well the million dollar question is what song?

post-13058892
Post #2,922 of 5,674

Badas

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Very nice! Well, not that you made your wife cry but you know. That she appreciates the hobby and all. 

She has never appreciated the hobby. However she tolerates and understands that it's my thing. She has allowed me to build this up over the years:

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?member=Badas

She just came back in with a hot chocolate and took a second listen. Her second comment was "I don't know what they are worth and what you paid for them, however they are worth every penny. Just simply lovely". Then she got up and walked out. :D

Reactions: reddog and Delayeed
post-13058903
Post #2,923 of 5,674

Badas

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Well the million dollar question is what song?

I'm listening to Alison Krauss. Not sure what song. It was one of hers where she was doing her best.

I'm a big fan of Alison and have all her albums. I usually select her songs and play randomly.

post-13058931
Post #2,924 of 5,674

Delayeed

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
She has never appreciated the hobby. However she tolerates and understands that it's my thing. She has allowed me to build this up over the years:

She just came back in with a hot chocolate and took a second listen. Her second comment was "I don't know what they are worth and what you paid for them, however they are worth every penny. Just simply lovely". Then she got up and walked out.
I can't find my jaw... That is a dream setup you have there! 

post-13058936
Post #2,925 of 5,674

kejar31

1000+ Head-Fier
Reaction score

She just came back in with a hot chocolate and took a second listen. Her second comment was "I don't know what they are worth and what you paid for them, however they are worth every penny. Just simply lovely". Then she got up and walked out.

I heard that Violectric V281 with the Ether C and Ether Flow at a meet this last summer.. Absolutely KILLER combo!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)