MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Dec 2, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #2,882 of 5,796
I personally think Dan should find some experienced guys and use them as beta testers. I know another forum who has a lot of experience has shown interest! It would really benefit Mrspeakers as a company I'm I'm confident that it would get the products sounding on their price point I believe. 

MrSpeaker lets people hear their prototype headphones at audio shows all over the world, long before they are released. Lots of "experienced guys" have heard them both pre-production and heard the shipping models and liked them a lot. I personally think that the Ether Flow C is the best closed-back headphone on the market at any price. The build quality is among the best too.

Dec 2, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #2,883 of 5,796
Sitting by a crackling fire on a Friday night after work listening to Pink Floyd using some Ether C Flows and a Mojo. This is what dreams are made of... :D

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #2,884 of 5,796
Sitting by a crackling fire on a Friday night after work listening to Pink Floyd using some Ether C Flows and a Mojo. This is what dreams are made of...
biggrin.gif

Not listening to xmas music? Put some Bing Crosby on!

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #2,885 of 5,796
Sitting by a crackling fire on a Friday night after work listening to Pink Floyd using some Ether C Flows and a Mojo. This is what dreams are made of... :D

I remember reading awhile back that the Mojo didn't drive the Ether Flow C's adequately. Turned me off getting some... I take it you disagree and are happy with the combo?

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #2,887 of 5,796
My C Flow arrived. The left bass port is open. The right closed with a screw. What about the other C Flow owners?

Thanks for being a customer, hope you'll enjoy them!

So you know the screws are used to balance the bass.  Most are mostly open, but sometimes one channel has a bit too much output, this is used to fine tune the response and match the channels.  As such, not every headphone will be symmetric in screw position.  The screws are Loctited in place; in the history of C and C Flow we've only had one screw issue.  

Naturally if you HEAR a bass imbalance don't hesitate to contact us for support.  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Dec 2, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #2,888 of 5,796
Not listening to xmas music? Put some Bing Crosby on!

Hell no! Enough said there :p

I remember reading awhile back that the Mojo didn't drive the Ether Flow C's adequately. Turned me off getting some... I take it you disagree and are happy with the combo?

Well I have only had them 2 day but seems to work fine to me. Obviously lacks a tad in a few areas to my main setup but comparing a £400 portable to an £1800 desktop setup seems a bit unfair lol

My C Flow arrived. The left bass port is open. The right closed with a screw. What about the other C Flow owners?

Not even sure where the bass port is to be honest. Is it the holes at the top? If so I can't see any screws in them.

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #2,889 of 5,796
Thanks for being a customer, hope you'll enjoy them!

So you know the screws are used to balance the bass.  Most are mostly open, but sometimes one channel has a bit too much output, this is used to fine tune the response and match the channels.  As such, not every headphone will be symmetric in screw position.  The screws are Loctited in place; in the history of C and C Flow we've only had one screw issue.  

Naturally if you HEAR a bass imbalance don't hesitate to contact us for support.  

I opened both and that is now right. Sorry before there was null bass on the right side. That's the same issue with my pair as before

Dec 2, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #2,890 of 5,796

Not sure who said that but it's rubbish. Mojo drives my ETHER C and ETHER Flow with loads of headroom and pairs very well.

Dec 2, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #2,893 of 5,796
Not sure who said that but it's rubbish. Mojo drives my ETHER C and ETHER Flow with loads of headroom and pairs very well.

Oh dear. And with Christmas coming up and all...

Say, while I have you all: how do you find sound leakage with these? As far as people hearing what you're listening to. I work in a generally quiet environment (typical office) and would prefer for my coworkers to not have to hear a tiny little version of what I'm listening to.

At somewhat loud listening levels, how much do these leak out?

Dec 2, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #2,894 of 5,796
For loud listening I can't be of much help. I usually listen at around 80-85 dB and at that level the sound leakage is not really noticeable at all. In a quiet office environment I suggest not risking hearing damage by long term loud listening, but that's my opinion.

Dec 2, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #2,895 of 5,796
Okay. Now nearly a week into these HP's i think I'm getting to grips with them.

They are very balanced HP's with a slight lean to bright. Especially the mids.

They are excellent and keepers however last night I got my first case of brightness fatigue from them (I must point out I listen very darkly). I was listening to brighter music so it was not the HP's fault. I just had to switch to darker HP's. I see this as a good thing. Flows for darker music. Hawks for brighter. Best of both worlds.

Only real issue I'm having is comfort. I have a big head. I'm a typical down under guy. See if someone can pick these lyrics.

He was six-foot-four and full of muscles
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich
And he said
I come from a land down under
Where beer does flow and men chunder
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover
Yeah

Well that kinda describes me. I'm 6 foot 3 and big. Not fat. Big. I've always had problems geeting jeans etc. Legs are too big.
Problem is I have a big head and the clamping force is too strong. They dig in below my ears and hurt after a while. Does anyone else get this or is it just my boof head? :D

Also does anyone know how to stop those slide adjusters from moving? Mine keep slipping. Can that brace be moved to the sliders so the sliders don't move?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back