1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Jul 14, 2016.
First

Back
184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193
195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204
Next

Last
  1. Jazic

Ether C Flow as well with the Mojo?

2. baglunch

How do you determine your dB? I've often wondered how loud I actually have it at. It's subjectively... prominent, but not super loud. A song or two that I especially like, I'll crank that right up, but sure long term loud listening is fatiguing.

3. x RELIC x Contributor

Try tightening the screw on the slider. Careful not to strip it with your gorilla hands. :wink:

4. x RELIC x Contributor

I'm waiting for notification for the C Flow upgrade. I was referencing the ETHER Flow (open) and my ETHER C(1.1). Either way, they are the same driver and not too difficult to drive. Certainly a cake walk for the Mojo.

5. Badas

Ah! There is a screw on the slider. Thanks. I didn't know that. Thanks.:)

6. x RELIC x Contributor

The best is to use a speaker level meter, but I use an app from my smartphone to at least get in the ballpark. The dB readings line up how they should for various sounds so it's good enough for me, but I am clearly aware it isn't a precision measuring tool.

Here I am 'measuring' the Utopia. I use a foam board with a cutout for the smartphone to block the earcup as it will give a different reading (louder) when the earcup is closed.

image.jpg
    image.jpg

RCBinTN likes this.
  7. Badas

:confused: I've just checked. There is a screw to hold on the leather strap. Is that the one I should tighten?

The brace looks like it has tiny hex screws. So that might be able to be moved as well. Like a holder.

Just switched to the Flow from the Hawks. Damn the Flows are bright. Not use to these type of HP's. Is there pad changes that could tweak the high treble?

8. mrspeakers Contributor

The screw on the leather strap, 1/4 turn at a time... 

If your Flows are new burn them in.  But they will always be brighter than the NH.

MrSpeakers Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on MrSpeakers at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://www.mrspeakers.com/ info@mrspeakers.com
    Badas likes this.
  9. Badas

Thanks. :gs1000smile:

10. Sonic Defender Contributor
    Your ears will need to acclimate, but even then you may need to do a slight parametric EQ cut.

11. sunneebear
    Don't know where the Mojo comment came from but I call BS. That little thing is a Monster. Notice it has two headphone jacks. I've run two planars at the same time on it a few times to deafening levels with no sweat.

12. Badas
    I found a Ether 1:1 tuning kit in my box of stuff. Little felt pad stuff.

Can I use them to lower the treble? Will it work? Any harm using on the Flow open?

I thought the tuning kit was for the Ether C. Mine is the Flow open.

13. x RELIC x Contributor

Yes, it will dampen the highs and get you closer to the NH. Give it a whirl, it's an incredibly easy mod. :)

White is the strongest, then two black and then one black for attenuating the treble.

14. Badas

Yeah baby! :gs1000smile: Now we are talking.

I just added one black and I'm in heaven. :) Just took that edge away.

Sorry to be a pain. Feeling very newby here.

How do you remove the pads? I want to stick the filters between the drive and pads. The felt is a little irritable just tucked in from the outside.

You are worth your weight in gold on this site by the way.

15. m8o
    I liked it better with the lead-in crack you previously started it with; but I'm one in the more sarcastic the better camp.

First

Back
184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193
195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204
Next

Last