1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Jul 14, 2016.
First

Back
188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197
199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208
Next

Last
  1. kejar31

I currently love my Flow's but will still be buying the new pads just for fun :p

2. Rowethren

Pretty much the same for me. Just such a nice smooth but detailed sound I love them! But you know... You can never have enough new things to try [​IMG]

3. fiascogarcia
    What are the instructions for removal and installation of ear pads for the ethers?  Thanks!

4. buke9
    Dan has a YouTube video of it.

5. fiascogarcia
    Thanks!  Looks pretty simple!

6. Badas

It's harder than it looks. I suggest getting someone to help. I did.

You have to keep both drivers away from each other. Or else they bang into each other and scratch. So one does that. The other installs the pads. Once on you can rotate the pads around until they align each other.

7. buke9
    It is very simple done it many times no problems.

8. MattTCG

Just do one pad at a time. 

9. Middy
    My top tip is rotate the pad across after a few weeks.. A bit like your mattress. Keep them from wearing unevenly.... ..

10. Audio Addict Contributor

A birdy told me if you have the Flows, the new pads from the electrostats are very desirable addition.  [​IMG]

11. greenkiwi
    Hmm... I wonder whether that could be an option for the flow upgrade.

12. Middy
    I know.... :blush:
    I like big pads... and I cannot lie...

I think that's the song...

Rowethren likes this.
  13. Rowethren

I am sure some others can deny!

Middy likes this.
  14. Dickies
    but when estat walks in with an ity bity diaphragm and a round pad in your face you get sprung

Rowethren likes this.
  15. fudgebucket27
    Alrighty,I received my pair of Ether C Flows today:

ethercflow.jpg

I'm really loving the sound.

They sound a fair bit darker compared to my HD800 to my ears, however everything sounds much smoother and musical on the C Flows. I haven't heard any other planars before but wow the bass presence, extension and impact is a treat!

The HD800 is more resolving but it sounds boring and thin compared to the Flow. The C Flows soundstage is of course a bit narrower compared the HD800 but it feels a bit more intimate as result.

I think this is a HD800 killer for me.

The only issue is I need to have the volume pot at 1 O'clock on my WA7 to get a decent volume level..maybe I'm getting deaf but I get a decent amount of sound at 10 O'clock with the HD800

I'm still getting accustomed to the sound as I have only been listening for about 3 hours but at the moment I am very happy [​IMG] 

First

Back
188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197
199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208
Next

Last