1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Jul 14, 2016.
First

Back
165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174
176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185
Next

Last
  1. fiascogarcia
    Not sure what the connector is called, but just about any cable maker you buy from will offer a "mrspeakers alpha dog or ether" option when setting up your order.  Don't know if the connectors are unique to MrSpeakers.  Sounds like you will be using your headphones more often with an SE connection.  If not, you might consider getting a XLR to SE adapter for your balanced cable, as it would probably be cheaper than buying a separate balanced cable.

doraymon likes this.
  2. Ableza
    https://mrspeakers.com/shop/3-accessories/cable-plugs-male-for-alpha-dog-and-mad-dog-custom-cables/

doraymon likes this.
  3. PoRidge
    anyone?

4. mscott58

Just get an XLR to 1/4" SE adapter. That way you can use it for either balanced or SE. Cheers

5. Muinarc

My understanding is that it would simply be a product offered on their website after the first batches. If there is a deadline I'd think it's still a ways out.

6. Rowethren
    I agree with what the others said. Get XLR and then a SE adapter (personally would go for 3.5mm). You can go balanced to single ended but not vice versa so makes more sense to only have 1 cable and an adapter than 2 separate cables YMMV though :D

7. rollinbr

I don't think there is any deadline. Click on link below and look on the right hand side of the page and you will see the form that you will need to fill out.

MrSpeakers Upgrade for Ether and Ether C

8. zappazappazappa
    I believe it's:Hirose 4 Pin x2

doraymon likes this.
  9. rollinbr

The most cost effective method is to use an XLR to 3.5mm adapter cable - XLR to 3.5mm Jack or XLR to 6.35mm adapter cable - XLR to 6.35mm Jack

Your Chord Hugo has both headphone jacks 3.5mm and 6.35mm so you could use either adapter. Oops, I have these 2 adapters but I see they are no longer available from this vendor but they are what you want. UPDATE: The cables are now available once again from this vendor on Amazon.

10. doraymon
    Thanks everyone, yes I think I will go the adaptor way.

And yes, the connectors on the Ether are Hirose, I found it HERE.

Thanks again, really appreciate your help!

11. hemtmaker
    Another way is to terminate your cable in 2.5 mm trrs and get adaptors (instead of adaptor cables) for them. IMO It makes everything more tidy as adaptors are short without any cable length

12. Rowethren

Only problem with that is when you use adaptors instead of cables it tends to put more force into the connectors and considering how fragile 2.5mm and 3.5mm jack ports are already I feel that is just asking for trouble.

13. mrspeakers Contributor

This is particularly true if you use something like a metal 1/4 to 1/8, that's a lot of cantilevered weight on a 1/8 jack. However, if you use a universal balanced plug and have adaptors with at least 6" of length you won't stress the jacks.

MrSpeakers Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on MrSpeakers at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://www.mrspeakers.com/ info@mrspeakers.com
  14. Rowethren

Indeed, exactly what I have done with my Ether Flow cable. We can do impressions of the new Macbook Pro owners with our huge piles of adaptor cables hehe [​IMG] 

15. Currawong Contributor
    I went the 2.5mm with adaptor route and I wouldn't do it again.

First

Back
165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174
176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185
Next

Last