MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Nov 4, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #2,596 of 5,796
Tyll prefers the sound of Elear over Ether flow, I myself have not got the chance to listen to flows, but I do have Elear and friend got Ether he finds Bass lacking punch and sub bass is low BUT midrange and transparency on Ether are on another's level, so if your music tastes doesn't include EDM or HipHop than Ethers will serve your better, also to consider Focal comes with 5 years warranty compare to one year limited warranty on Ether.

Thanks, one year is really not much.. That's a huge difference

Nov 4, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #2,597 of 5,796
... friend got Ether he finds Bass lacking punch and sub bass is low BUT midrange and transparency on Ether are on another's level, ...

I do not find the Ether Flow to lack bass punch or impact. It doesn't go quite as low or hit quite as hard as the modded HE6, but it is no lightweight.

For my tastes, more bass in the Ether Flow would be bordering on over powering and distorting the music. I am also very happy with the bass level in the stock Utopia and feel no need to beef it up, so I disagree with Tyll on that score. YMMV.

Keep in mind I am running my Flow direct from a Bricasti DAC - so the level of dynamics and transparency is pretty amazing. Certainly several notches above what any head  amp I have tried has delivered (Auralic Taurus / 430HA / V281). The Ether Flow is capable of plenty of punchy bass - I would look upstream at the amp / DAC combination if the Ether Flow is sounding bass lite.

Nov 4, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #2,598 of 5,796
I do not find the Ether Flow to lack bass punch or impact. It doesn't go quite as low or hit quite as hard as the modded HE6, but it is no lightweight.

For my tastes, more bass in the Ether Flow would be bordering on over powering and distorting the music. I am also very happy with the bass level in the stock Utopia and feel no need to beef it up, so I disagree with Tyll on that score. YMMV.

Keep in mind I am running my Flow direct from a Bricasti DAC - so the level of dynamics and transparency is pretty amazing. Certainly several notches above what any head  amp I have tried has delivered (Auralic Taurus / 430HA / V281). The Ether Flow is capable of plenty of punchy bass - I would look upstream at the amp / DAC combination if the Ether Flow is sounding bass lite.

My interest goes only for the QP1R ether flow portable combination, so the bass should be punchy with this combo for me

Nov 4, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #2,599 of 5,796
What does it mean, not a lot of volume travel? Better than the portable ones? I considering buying ether flow for my QP1R.
Or maybe the Elear. Any thoughts on Elear vs Ether with QP1R?

What they said.
QP1R was stunning with my non-flow C's. I have no doubt it would be equally so with the flow C's. I finally gave up on the QP1R UI and odd wheel. The Mojo is a different flavor of stunning and a bit more versatile for my needs.

Nov 4, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #2,600 of 5,796
Tyll prefers the sound of Elear over Ether flow, I myself have not got the chance to listen to flows, but I do have Elear and friend got Ether he finds Bass lacking punch and sub bass is low BUT midrange and transparency on Ether are on another's level, so if your music tastes doesn't include EDM or HipHop than Ethers will serve your better, also to consider Focal comes with 5 years warranty compare to one year limited warranty on Ether.

Our warranty is two years and the only limit is we don't cover damage by the owner.  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Nov 4, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #2,601 of 5,796
Our warranty is two years and the only limit is we don't cover damage by the owner.  

Even so. I have always found support from mrspeakers and Dan in particular excellent.

In fact I would always much rather deal with the man than the answering service which is far too often the case with larger organisations.

Nov 4, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #2,602 of 5,796
I dont think Tyll likes the Elear more than the Flow,the original Ether perhaps....

Nov 5, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #2,603 of 5,796
My take on Tylls reviews were positive all round. He did speak remarkably highly of the elear and the flow. But he also had high praise for the ether until he had heard the flow. From what I have read and I may be wrong, the elear fits better to his tastes personally. However in saying that Tyll does a great job staying objective.

Nov 5, 2016 at 1:29 AM Post #2,605 of 5,796
Nov 5, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #2,608 of 5,796
does anyone know the difference between ether c and ether c flow?

Smoother treble, better resolution, more bass. You can read Jude's first post of this thread or other impressions like this one:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/814156/mrspeakers-ether-flow-and-ether-c-flow-inspired-by-electrostatic-headphones#post_12721434

Nov 5, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #2,610 of 5,796
I have ordered the C Flow with XLR connection to connect to my amp, but I am having second thoughts because this way I will not be able to use them with single ended DAC/amps like my Hugo.

I'm thinking to change my order (it has not shipped yet) to a SE connection instead, and order separately a decent balanced cable without spending a fortune.

Does anyone know exactly what type of connector is on the Ether?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back