MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Oct 8, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #2,552 of 9,071
Sigh
Ever since getting the mad dog I thought I must be a total bass head as I haven't been happy with their bass.
Slipped them on this morning without my glasses on...
Well!!!
Sad part is the type of glasses I have and the fact that I do most of my listening at work means I am stuffed for getting a good seal ever.
Bugger.
Was only after reading the post earlier about glasses and to seal that I put 2 and 2 together.
Hmn wonder if wifey will let me spend $5k on laser eye therapy so my $300 headphones sound better...?
Lol

Oct 8, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #2,554 of 9,071
It's all about seal with the MD and AD. You must have a good seal for good bass period. 

Lasik surgery is a lot cheaper here. You can pay like $100 for a year in installments. 

Oct 8, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #2,555 of 9,071
Sigh
Ever since getting the mad dog I thought I must be a total bass head as I haven't been happy with their bass.
Well!!!
Sad part is the type of glasses I have and the fact that I do most of my listening at work means I am stuffed for getting a good seal ever.
Bugger.
Was only after reading the post earlier about glasses and to seal that I put 2 and 2 together.
Hmn wonder if wifey will let me spend $5k on laser eye therapy so my $300 headphones sound better...?
Lol

My wife did the laser eye surgery and says it was one of the best things she's ever done...just saying :)

...and she doesn't listen to headphones even!

Oct 8, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #2,558 of 9,071
My wife did the laser eye surgery and says it was one of the best things she's ever done...just saying :)

...and she doesn't listen to headphones even!

I reckon.
I am getting more bass straight out of an ak100 Without glasses than I get on my work desk amp with glasses on.
Not just bass. More body to the sound as well

Oct 8, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #2,563 of 9,071
  The AD cable is rubbery and flexible. I'd say 7.5 of 10. 

I would agree with Matt the cable is quite nice for such a small operation like Dan has. Flexible, durable, and functional, which is all you really need. Not the prettiest thing to look at but if you want something with nicer aesthetics order the connectors and make one, or have someone else make one for you. 

Oct 8, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #2,564 of 9,071

The AD cable is rubbery and flexible. I'd say 7.5 of 10. 

+1 zero concerns on my end.

Thanks, that sounds great.  Photos make them appear a bit fat and maybe stiff but looks can be deceiving...such as the Denon D5000 cable that looks good in photos but is a bit annoying in real life.

Oct 8, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #2,565 of 9,071
Sigh
Well!!!
Bugger.
Lol

Get contacts maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back