MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Aug 9, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #61 of 9,071
Quote:
Dan, if you're announcing this on August 9th (which is my birthday btw, hint, hint)... and you're at the the California Audio Show... is there a chance that you'll have it with you? In other words, am I a few hundred feet from this thing right now?
wink.gif

I believe he said there will be 3 demo models.

Yup, we'll be at the CA Audio Show with three units.

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #65 of 9,071
Even though I just bought a new pair of headphones, I really am considering the Alpha Dogs.

If anyone demos a unit, please write your impressions about the soundstage!  Would be nice to have the isolation of a closed headphone.

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #67 of 9,071
Quote:
Dan, if you're announcing this on August 9th (which is my birthday btw, hint, hint)... and you're at the the California Audio Show... is there a chance that you'll have it with you? In other words, am I a few hundred feet from this thing right now?
wink.gif

He is supposed to be there with the new Alpha Dog in tow (along with a Mjolnir and iBasso PB2 I think).

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #71 of 9,071
Wow, the cat is way out of the bag. I guess it is now ok to disclose that I was one of a group that got a couple of days with a beta pair. All I can say is, you've seen Jude's video, and yes,

They are absolutely that good! I have pre-ordered...

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #72 of 9,071
A comparison with the Paradox would be most interesting, as Luis had gone for a neutral presentation, and that is what appears to be the case with the Alpha Dog headphones. Will be interesting to hear what peoples' experiences are who listen to them at the meet.....

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #73 of 9,071
Wow... That video feels like an advertisement! Made it sound like the next BEST headphone in the world! Haha

The Alpha Dog is, to my ears, the best sounding fully closed headphone I have here--and I have a lot of headphones here.

When we attribute a sense of openness to a fully closed headphone, it's almost always with the for a closed headphone qualifier thrown in. To me, the Alpha Dog presents with openness, period.

And, again, this is essentially a fully closed headphone, not a semi-closed one. The qualities this headphone possesses--speed, neutrality, openness--are, in my experience, not common traits (especially all together) to expect from a fully closed headphone.

So if you sensed enthusiasm from me in the video, it's only because I'm enthusiastic.

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #75 of 9,071
Using a set screw to modify how the housing is ported is an interesting idea.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back