MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
May 9, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #6,976 of 9,071
i m waiting for my alpha dog and have to choose his amp 

what do you think about his association with :

- Ember project 
- Graham slee novo
- Schiit asgard 

Have you any better suggestion in this game of price (about 300 usd) ?

Thancks 

May 9, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #6,977 of 9,071
  Very nice. I'd love to hear your impressions of the WA6-SE pairing with the Alpha Dog versus the Asgard 2 + Uber.

Also did you notice any sound changes going from your stock P7 cable to a DHC? I am about to order some cables for my Alpha Dogs mostly for aesthetics and comfort but any sound improvements would be a bonus.

Will post up a review of the AD's in both amps and then, not that it is really even a comparison, to the P7 just to have another frame of reference.  Although, the P7's are still some great headphones, they are bass heavy until hooked up to an amp but with the Asgard 2, they become much more precise and refined.  This will be with the stock tubes for a few weeks until I do some more research and figure out what style tubes best match my music style.

As for the cable, I bought the cable for the convenience of the 6' cable with a 1/4" built on.  From a sonic standpoint, the only difference would be that it is a higher quality cable than the one that came with the P7's and I don't have to use a 1/4 converter anymore, but nothing I would write home about or even base my decision on.

I will give it one thing, the cable is incredibly flexible, does not get coiled up and is very well crafted, from the braiding to the 2.5mm plug inside the phone itself, it fits perfectly.

May 9, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #6,981 of 9,071
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
May 9, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #6,982 of 9,071
On Monday we'll ship through April 10, and black orders through April 24 (black got a bit ahead).

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
May 10, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #6,983 of 9,071
So very few back orders on black orders?
biggrin.gif

May 10, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #6,987 of 9,071
  I have this portable amp as well. a perfect match for the Alpha Dog, plenty of juice as high gain with lot of authority in the bass, and sweet mid.

I have it on low gain, I think high gain make the sound too forward/in your face. High gain also make the amp pick up some EMI/rf since going to low gain, I have not hear anything from my phone.

May 11, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #6,988 of 9,071
Asgard 2 drives the AD with some serious bass speed and authority. I am in love 
cool.gif

May 11, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #6,989 of 9,071
I will be using the Schiit Lyr with the AD...hopefully will be a good match and......enough ooomph?

May 11, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #6,990 of 9,071
  I will be using the Schiit Lyr with the AD...hopefully will be a good match and......enough ooomph?

more than enough ! nice pairing IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back