MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
May 11, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #6,991 of 9,071
  I will be using the Schiit Lyr with the AD...hopefully will be a good match and......enough ooomph?

Have the pairing (stock GEs) and it sounds great :)

Now to buy a new DAC...
tongue.gif

May 11, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #6,992 of 9,071
Have the pairing (stock GEs) and it sounds great :)

Now to buy a new DAC... :p

Can't go wrong with the Bifrost Uber if you are fishing in the $500-$600 range. I have the Bifrost Uber / Asgard 2 stack sitting atop the Oppo HA-1 (beta unit, not retail unit). Both sound really excellent. The HA-1 is the clear versatility, features and cool display winner. The Schiit pile seems so far to go toe to toe and keep standing. The BFU/A2 stack is shear simplicity. DAC, amp.

May 11, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #6,993 of 9,071
Can't go wrong with the Bifrost Uber if you are fishing in the $500-$600 range. I have the Bifrost Uber / Asgard 2 stack sitting atop the Oppo HA-1 (beta unit, not retail unit). Both sound really excellent. The HA-1 is the clear versatility, features and cool display winner. The Schiit pile seems so far to go toe to toe and keep standing. The BFU/A2 stack is shear simplicity. DAC, amp.

Yeah I have been looking at the Bifrost Uber, only thing holding me back is the relay clicking when I use programs like team speak and there is long periods of me not having music on and just talking to mates, would the clicking be happening the whole time?

May 11, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #6,994 of 9,071

Yeah I have been looking at the Bifrost Uber, only thing holding me back is the relay clicking when I use programs like team speak and there is long periods of me not having music on and just talking to mates, would the clicking be happening the whole time?

I use Ventrilo which is a VOIP to play games like Counter-Strike and BF4 and there are no relay clicks or anything when I use my push-to-talk button for my microphone. Microphone connects to my USB port and doesn't interfere with Schiit USB audio interface

May 11, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #6,995 of 9,071
  I use Ventrilo which is a VOIP to play games like Counter-Strike and BF4 and there are no relay clicks or anything when I use my push-to-talk button for my microphone. Microphone connects to my USB port and doesn't interfere with Schiit USB audio interface

Thats because your using the USB which uses a different system, If you were using the Optical in I think you would experience the relay clicking. I want to use the Uber Upgrade which means I have to use optical or coax in doesn't it?

May 11, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #6,996 of 9,071

Thats because your using the USB which uses a different system, If you were using the Optical in I think you would experience the relay clicking. I want to use the Uber Upgrade which means I have to use optical or coax in doesn't it?

I'm pretty sure USB works with Uber. I have the GEN2 USB board which works up to 24-bit/192khz

May 11, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #6,997 of 9,071
Uber is an upgraded analog board. You can also include the gen2 USB board. This is what I have. New is $519 plus shipping and tax if in CA. Got mine used for just under $450. As to gaming issues, no comments. For music, relays only click if I switch inputs.

May 11, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #6,998 of 9,071
  I'm pretty sure USB works with Uber. I have the GEN2 USB board which works up to 24-bit/192khz

I may not be understanding the Bifrost correctly but I thought they were separate.
So the Uber Board is the part of the DAC which receives input from optical and converts it into analogue signal.
And the GEN2 USB board takes the digital signal from the USB and does the conversion to analogue signal independent of the Uberboard.

EDIT: Ahh seems like I must be not understanding it correctly
tongue.gif
The Uber card effects the output of both.

May 11, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #6,999 of 9,071
I may not be understanding the Bifrost correctly but I thought they were separate.
So the Uber Board is the part of the DAC which receives input from optical and converts it into analogue signal.

And the GEN2 USB board takes the digital signal from the USB and does the conversion to analogue signal independent of the Uberboard.

http://schiit.com/products/bifrost

May 11, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #7,000 of 9,071
Yeah for some reason when I was reading their website the other day I thought I read that the USB card has an independent DAC section.
Oh well that puts Bifrost Uber back on the table, albeit a little more expensive with the Gen2 upgrade
confused_face.gif

May 11, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #7,001 of 9,071
May 11, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #7,002 of 9,071
Many toys ordered and expected to arrive sooner ...or later.

+    =   
gs1000.gif

May 11, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #7,003 of 9,071
  Many toys ordered and expected to arrive sooner ...or later.

+    =   
gs1000.gif

Very nice, congrats on the new gear!

May 11, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #7,005 of 9,071

EDIT: Ahh seems like I must be not understanding it correctly
tongue.gif
The Uber card effects the output of both.

Best $78 add on you can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back