MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Feb 23, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #5,972 of 9,071
Woohoo...1k+ 
wink.gif

Feb 23, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #5,973 of 9,071
Thanks all! So far the only one I have seen with more is the 1700. No matter how it turns out thanks for the support!

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Feb 23, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #5,976 of 9,071
Vote number 1,062 here. :)

Feb 23, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #5,977 of 9,071
Got the wife to vote and called my brothers to help out. Been voting every day. I'd love to see such an awesome company get this after so much hard work and dedication to the community. 

Feb 23, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #5,978 of 9,071
In the interest of not having to look through each listing one-by-one, can anybody link to the company that had 1,700 votes?

Feb 23, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #5,979 of 9,071
Looking through my home state of Indiana alone, there's one (Black Pearl Dog Bakery) that has north of 3,000. The 2nd most votes I saw in Indiana was around 1,400.

That said, I'm kind of saddened in a weird way over just how many businesses have no votes at all...

EDIT: I'm not posting this to discourage, but rather to motivate us to not take anything for granted. 

Feb 24, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #5,980 of 9,071
Received the AD's today!
It is awesome, the best closed headphones I've heard. (and, ok, the more expensive :wink:)
Soundstage is actually incredible for a closed model.

Now I have a question. Dan, does the Obedience Kit (the dots) improves the sound every time, even when you're already satisfied with the trebles ? I guess yes and I am tempted to order it when it becomes available. (?)

Feb 24, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #5,981 of 9,071
  Received the AD's today!
It is awesome, the best closed headphones I've heard. (and, ok, the more expensive :wink:)
Soundstage is actually incredible for a closed model.

Now I have a question. Dan, does the Mod for the Mod (the dots) improves the sound every time, even when you're already satisfied with the trebles ? I guess yes and I am tempted to order it when it becomes available. (?)

With what AMP are you using the AD ?  I understand that AD is excellent IF the AMP is powerful enough, otherwise a SigPRO for example may be a better choice with the AMPs that are inside most DAP.  Is it right ?

Feb 24, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #5,982 of 9,071
   With what AMP are you using the AD ?  I understand that AD is excellent IF the AMP is powerful enough, otherwise a SigPRO for example may be a better choice with the AMPs that are inside most DAP.  Is it right ?

I use a Vali (or a Magni) and the Modi. It's just wondeful.
I don't know for the Sigpro.

Feb 24, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #5,984 of 9,071
@MrSpeakers

Any idea of what the rough cost for shipping the Obediance Kit to the UK would be? I'm just wondering if it will fall under the threshold for duties/VAT.

Not yet, but at the very low price and low shipping weight it is probably below the threshold. You guys know your local regulations better than I do...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Feb 24, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #5,985 of 9,071
Thanks to everyone for the great support on the Fedex. I hope this put us in the top 100. After that they go to a jury to select the winners, but the criteria are kind of vague. I will post any updates when we have the results.

Cheers!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back