MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Dec 17, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #4,591 of 9,071
What I am wondering is if the ADs are an improved Mad Dog or a completely separate thing? Would a person with ADs ever want to downgrade to Mads?

Bought the Alpha dogs (still waiting) but the more I hear about the Mad Dogs, they seem to match the sound I prefer. 

Dec 18, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #4,592 of 9,071
I think the MD is a better value proposition than the AD simply because it already sounds so good and works with nearly any genre of music. That said, I think the AD is a good value as well. I did prefer the sound of the MD at the time I heard the AD (due to AD's upper mids and treble), BUT the tour pair had the screw issue Dan mentioned. I would like to re-evaluate just in case that does change my mind on things.

Dec 18, 2013 at 1:02 AM Post #4,594 of 9,071
A vast majority of this thread has no valuable information at all. Upon reading the first 60 pages... most of it was conjecture with a sprinkle of good information and impressions. I just skipped to here out of frustration and boredom. I agree... it's more of the same.

On another note, I did get to hear the alpha dogs at the last NYC area meet. They were in my mind the hit of the meet. I can only repeat what others have said... that these are the best closed cans for under $1000 -- if you're looking for all around balance in your sound. I have the Thunderpants and in some ways I like them better in terms of slam and for music that you just want all the bass you can get. The Alphas on the other hand -- fit like a glove.

Dec 18, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #4,596 of 9,071
  same here, but some how only happen in this thread.

Not true...happened to the W3000ANV thread too earlier today. It's been noted and picked up. Hopefully fixed soon.

Dec 18, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #4,597 of 9,071
I thought my web-browsers have trouble but look like this error has comes from the head-fi.org itself. In morning when I access this thread my eyes and my mind were like "What the hell?" and now I have known that everyone has the same issue too.

I think the screw holes on the Alpha Dog just affect the low range such as bass quantity or something like that, not sure that it can affect the mid  and high too or I did miss something in this thread because there are too many arguments by someone who caused. If so then it would be nice for ones to re-review the Alpha Dog to evaluate sound performance correctly. Thanks for that.

About the stock cables with Alpha Dogs I think they are nice and durable with high performance even when comparing performance to other after-market cables such as Q Silk Cable but if Dan somehow reduces the thickness and the weight then it will be a nice improvement. We know that ortho headphones gain weight more and more like the new LCD-XC with 605gram. Hell no, I would not like to put a helmet on my head for couple hours. 

Dec 18, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #4,598 of 9,071
  A vast majority of this thread has no valuable information at all. Upon reading the first 60 pages... most of it was conjecture with a sprinkle of good information and impressions. I just skipped to here out of frustration and boredom. I agree... it's more of the same.

Welcome to Head-Fi, where at least 75% of posts are just noise.

Dec 18, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #4,599 of 9,071
The solution to that is, instead of making more noise, refraining from posting until you have something valuable to add to the discussion. 
smile.gif

Dec 18, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #4,602 of 9,071

Another solution would be to add flags to posts that have valuable information and add a filter for each thread to show / hide the rest (trained noise filter).

Everybody has a different definition of valuable or informational content, though. Let's just rest with the system we have and return to topic.

Dec 18, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #4,603 of 9,071

Another solution would be to add flags to posts that have valuable information and add a filter for each thread to show / hide the rest (trained noise filter).

Everybody has a different definition of valuable or informational content, though. Let's just rest with the system we have and return to topic.

Exactly.
I would also be interested in people who are looking for posts about specific information, to just come out and say what they are looking to read about, thanks !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back