MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Sep 27, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #2,086 of 9,071
Order Status: Complete 
evil_smiley.gif

yeah, I know....doesn't mean anything 

Sep 27, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #2,087 of 9,071
As far as I know, the Alpha Dogs will begin shipping next Monday.
The update program will NO BE IN EFFECT until 5-6 weeks from now which means that THEY WILL NOT BE PROCESSING upgrades until after the end of October/beginning of November!

So it will be faster to buy an already made Alpha Dog than to wait for them to START ACCEPTING upgrades 5-6 weeks from now... (and remember that they will take at least 2 extra weeks converting your headphones so that would mean that you'd have to wait till mid-November probably)

Sep 27, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #2,088 of 9,071

I believe ordering the actually headphone would be quicker. Dan said the upgrade program would get on its way end of October, but it is first come first serve. If you haven't yet signed up for the upgrade program I'm guessing the yield time will be longer than to wait the 6 weeks from today.

yeah no offense to Dan because I know they are doing their best but skip that I want it quicker. Do you know how long it would take to actually recieve the AD if I ordered it now? is that what the 6 weeks are referring to.

Our website has the delivery info.  We estimate the backlog is 6 weeks.  Order now -= 6 weeks.  The upgrades won't start for at least 6 weeks, and we have a LOT of sign ups already, so there's going to be some patience needed.  I can't begin to estimate that yet, we'll need a couple more weeks to assess our production capacity and invest in more gear if needed.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Sep 27, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #2,089 of 9,071

I believe ordering the actually headphone would be quicker. Dan said the upgrade program would get on its way end of October, but it is first come first serve. If you haven't yet signed up for the upgrade program I'm guessing the yield time will be longer than to wait the 6 weeks from today.

yeah no offense to Dan because I know they are doing their best but skip that I want it quicker. Do you know how long it would take to actually recieve the AD if I ordered it now? is that what the 6 weeks are referring to.

Here is what the newsletter said regarding your question:

"Demand has been strong, t and we expect the Alpha Dog to ship September 30 (hopefully before 11:59 PM).  Some of you may start receiving tracking numbers this week, but they will ship Monday.  And as promised, here is our upgrade program for Mad Dog owners.  Our best estimate is that Alpha Dog orders placed today will have about a 6 weeks to ship."

I'm assuming that is still accurate because that was sent last night. 

Sep 27, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #2,091 of 9,071
I was just going through the last couple of pages and noticed the locations of ddcpitt (PA) and mikek200 (NYC), to which I wanted to link to the following meets, respectively, as Dan of MrSpeakers is attending both of them and I'm sure he'll have production Alpha Dogs there.

Philadelphia PA on 10/26:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/671458/philadelphia-area-meet-october-26th-2013

Queens NY on 11/9:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/669860/official-ny-regional-fall-meet-november-9th-2013

Edit: er, just noticed that mikek200 is already on the list for the NY meet, but maybe there are some other NY-area folks reading this thread?

Sep 27, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #2,093 of 9,071
Dan, is there going to be a time limit on the upgrade (in particular the 2.0->3.0->3.2 discounts)?

I'd love to upgrade today, but I feel I need to figure out my financial aid situation first (which has been complicated by the University of Washington screwing up my financial aid statement).

If it is any comfort ...
first you sing up
then you wait for them to email you to tell you that two weeks you can send you md in for the AD upgrade.  
then you have a week from then to pay or you lose your spot and you can sign up.

So you can sign up now and you will have some time to work it out.

I'm talking about waiting for until probably Christmas or even beyond though.

Dan, is there going to be a time limit on the upgrade (in particular the 2.0->3.0->3.2 discounts)?

I'd love to upgrade today, but I feel I need to figure out my financial aid situation first (which has been complicated by the University of Washington screwing up my financial aid statement).

We will account for documented past upgrades.  That won't apply to people who bought used units, of course.

I was wondering if you were putting a time limit on these discounts, like you did for the alpha pads in the first two weeks of availability.

Sep 27, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #2,094 of 9,071
  I was just going through the last couple of pages and noticed the locations of ddcpitt (PA) and mikek200 (NYC), to which I wanted to link to the following meets, respectively, as Dan of MrSpeakers is attending both of them and I'm sure he'll have production Alpha Dogs there.

Philadelphia PA on 10/26:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/671458/philadelphia-area-meet-october-26th-2013

Queens NY on 11/9:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/669860/official-ny-regional-fall-meet-november-9th-2013

Edit: er, just noticed that mikek200 is already on the list for the NY meet, but maybe there are some other NY-area folks reading this thread?

I will definitely test the AD's at the Nov. meet.-but I will not purchase them
I'll just send in my MD's & do the upgrade-& wait..
It's $300- ,vs $600-
Am I missing something ,?

Sep 27, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #2,095 of 9,071
   I was not aware that the upgrades only applied to people who bought new. Well looks like Im out.
Quote:

We will account for documented past upgrades.  That won't apply to people who bought used units, of course.

I think that refers just to the 50% off for the 3.0->3.2 upgrade (but I could be wrong).

Sep 27, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #2,096 of 9,071

I think that refers just to the 50% off for the 3.0->3.2 upgrade (but I could be wrong).

Exactly.  All Mad Dogs can be upgraded to Alpha Dogs.  If you purchased an upgrade for your new or used Mad Dog you get a partial refund.  If you bought a used MD that was upgraded you simply pay the normal upgrade price.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Sep 27, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #2,099 of 9,071
Shipments will start Monday.  We'll ship in order received.  Expect more or less 6 weeks from when you ordered.  Our ship rate will accelerate over the next 2-3 weeks.

Sep 27, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #2,100 of 9,071
That's great news Dan. Congrats on being able to keep the ship date. Not everyone understands what it truly takes to bring such a product to market but we certainly appreciate the sweat and blood that went into the AD. 

My f5 is ready. 
popcorn.gif

Let me know if you need me to come by your place and pack up some AD's or some  other grunt type work. I'm here for ya'. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back