MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Sep 27, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #2,071 of 9,071
  If this has already been posted-my apologies.

On the AD' upgrade,how much additional are the black side rails,or,is that included in the upgrade

Tnx,
Mike

Included. The upgrade results in 100% pure-bred Alpha Dogs.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Sep 27, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #2,072 of 9,071
hi Dan, I purchased the universal mad dog with 2 cables.  If I was to upgrade to the alpha dogs, im assuming i would need to turn in both cables since they won't work with the alpha dogs?  Would their alpha dog equivalents be sent back after the upgrade? I ready your email about he Alpha Dog upgrade, however is the Universal Mad Dog upgrade fee still the same as and regular Mad Dog even though the universal does cost a bit more with the required cable?  I'm not sure if I should upgrade my mad dogs, or just purchase an alpha dog new... decisions decisions.... :D

Sep 27, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #2,073 of 9,071
  hi Dan, I purchased the universal mad dog with 2 cables.  If I was to upgrade to the alpha dogs, im assuming i would need to turn in both cables since they won't work with the alpha dogs?  Would their alpha dog equivalents be sent back after the upgrade? I ready your email about he Alpha Dog upgrade, however is the Universal Mad Dog upgrade fee still the same as and regular Mad Dog even though the universal does cost a bit more with the required cable?  I'm not sure if I should upgrade my mad dogs, or just purchase an alpha dog new... decisions decisions.... :D

I left the Universal/balanced off the price list, but it is $200 and includes your choice of 1 cable for the Alpha Dog.  We aren't able to make allowance for secondary cables if you own multiples.  

So if you have an XLR and a 1/4" pick which you want to replace most; if you want another you will purchase that cable.  My guess is it is fairly easy to resell your extra cables if you have any. 

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Sep 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #2,075 of 9,071
  How can I order the AD + XLR + single end adapter all at once?

At some point, they will put "Alpha Dog cables" on the web site, and then you will be able to put Alpha Dogs with one cable choice in the cart and then add a cable in the cart.  My guess is that the first wave of orders for the next month or so will all be with one cable, so that production can be as simple as possible.

Which means, that Dan needs to add to his ToDo List:

*  Add "Not for Alpha Dogs" wording to the four cables currently on the web site !

Sep 27, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #2,076 of 9,071
Dan,

I would like to purchase a set of Alpha Dogs and try them out. If I order a set must I still wait 6 weeks for them to arrive or do you have some stock available now?

I apologize if this has been asked and answered by other but I'll get fired if I spend the next hour combing through this thread :)

-Russ

Sep 27, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #2,077 of 9,071
I will be re-ordering the site to have a Mad Dog, Alpha Dog and Accessories pages.  The cables will be listed on the page with the correct headphone.  That should be online next week.

Sep 27, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #2,078 of 9,071

another option is to sell off the whole set. 
popcorn.gif

Sep 27, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #2,079 of 9,071

I left the Universal/balanced off the price list, but it is $200 and includes your choice of 1 cable for the Alpha Dog.  We aren't able to make allowance for secondary cables if you own multiples.  

So if you have an XLR and a 1/4" pick which you want to replace most; if you want another you will purchase that cable.  My guess is it is fairly easy to resell your extra cables if you have any. 

awesome.  For $200 it's a tough call to pass up an upgrade.  Looks like you just made my decision easier... :D  any chance of a mini xlr option as a cable end?

Sep 27, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #2,081 of 9,071
Dan, is there going to be a time limit on the upgrade (in particular the 2.0->3.0->3.2 discounts)?
I'd love to upgrade today, but I feel I need to figure out my financial aid situation first (which has been complicated by the University of Washington screwing up my financial aid statement).

Sep 27, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #2,082 of 9,071
  How would I get the AD quicker?:

1) If I signed up my MD for the upgrade program?
or
2) just bought one brand new, two weeks from now? (I don't know the turn around on buying them new)

I believe ordering the actually headphone would be quicker. Dan said the upgrade program would get on its way end of October, but it is first come first serve. If you haven't yet signed up for the upgrade program I'm guessing the yield time will be longer than to wait the 6 weeks from today. 

Sep 27, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #2,083 of 9,071
Dan, is there going to be a time limit on the upgrade (in particular the 2.0->3.0->3.2 discounts)?
I'd love to upgrade today, but I feel I need to figure out my financial aid situation first (which has been complicated by the University of Washington screwing up my financial aid statement).

If it is any comfort ...
first you sing up
then you wait for them to email you to tell you that two weeks you can send you md in for the AD upgrade.  
then you have a week from then to pay or you lose your spot and you can sign up.

So you can sign up now and you will have some time to work it out.

Sep 27, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #2,084 of 9,071

I believe ordering the actually headphone would be quicker. Dan said the upgrade program would get on its way end of October, but it is first come first serve. If you haven't yet signed up for the upgrade program I'm guessing the yield time will be longer than to wait the 6 weeks from today.

yeah no offense to Dan because I know they are doing their best but skip that I want it quicker. Do you know how long it would take to actually recieve the AD if I ordered it now? is that what the 6 weeks are referring to.

Sep 27, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #2,085 of 9,071

We will account for documented past upgrades.  That won't apply to people who bought used units, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back