MrSpeakers AEON Flow Open - Impressions Thread
Oct 13, 2020 at 5:37 AM Post #2,536 of 2,583
Oct 13, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #2,537 of 2,583
From what I understood, the Aeon open rt and Aeon x are the same. The aeon x have the fenestrated inner ear pads but I believe the open rt does as well. The warranty would be easier to handle through Dan’s website vs drop. If the Aeon opens aren’t warm enough out of the box then you can tune the sound a little with the included tuning felt pads. Dan’s official website does have a restock fee on retuned items and I’m not sure how drop handles returns since it’s different per item.

Oct 13, 2020 at 8:17 AM Post #2,538 of 2,583
From what I understood, the Aeon open rt and Aeon x are the same. The aeon x have the fenestrated inner ear pads but I believe the open rt does as well. The warranty would be easier to handle through Dan’s website vs drop. If the Aeon opens aren’t warm enough out of the box then you can tune the sound a little with the included tuning felt pads. Dan’s official website does have a restock fee on retuned items and I’m not sure how drop handles returns since it’s different per item.

No, the Aeon Flow Open RT don't have fenestrated inner ear pads, they have the standard pads, I own them and bought from Dan Clark Audio directly. As for other differences, it was quoted above directly from Dan Clark Audio as well.

Oct 19, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #2,539 of 2,583
No, the Aeon Flow Open RT don't have fenestrated inner ear pads, they have the standard pads, I own them and bought from Dan Clark Audio directly. As for other differences, it was quoted above directly from Dan Clark Audio as well.

The RT Open does have fenestrated pads. If your unit does not a packing error was made, sorry! Just send a photo to info@danclarkaudio.com and we'll send the correct pads to you.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Dec 29, 2020 at 4:33 AM Post #2,542 of 2,583
Hello everyone! :)

Darn Clark is having a huge sale on their website now, so if you're looking into their headphones, I madea full in-depth video review about the Aeon Flow. It impressed me in many ways, starting with the build quality, all the way to the sound and comfort :)

I compare it with many headphones and talk about both its weakness and strength in the full-length review!

Feb 19, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #2,543 of 2,583
I made a full written review about the Aeon Flow~!~

This is about the latest version the RT verison with the bbest driver thus far :)

I also should add that I enjoyed them quite a bit ~~~~~~

Details, comparisons, pairings and more in the full written review ~

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2021/02/dan-clark-aeon-flow-rt-hardest-of-them-all.html

Mr.Speakers-Dan-Clark-Aeon-Flow-RT-Open-Back-Planar-Magnetic-Midrange-Headphones-Audiophile-He...jpg

Feb 19, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #2,544 of 2,583
I made a full written review about the Aeon Flow~!~

This is about the latest version the RT verison with the bbest driver thus far :)

I also should add that I enjoyed them quite a bit ~~~~~~

Details, comparisons, pairings and more in the full written review ~

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2021/02/dan-clark-aeon-flow-rt-hardest-of-them-all.html

Nice review. I just grabbed these from Drop in the form of the Aeon X Closed which is the same as the RT. I am blown away by them. For 500 they are a steal. First headphone that makes me want to go put them on first thing in the morning and rock out. Edit - I see you are reviewing the open version? Mine are the closed - wrong thread I guess.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #2,545 of 2,583
Nice review. I just grabbed these from Drop in the form of the Aeon X Closed which is the same as the RT. I am blown away by them. For 500 they are a steal. First headphone that makes me want to go put them on first thing in the morning and rock out. Edit - I see you are reviewing the open version? Mine are the closed - wrong thread I guess.

Don't worry, you're welcome on this thread too! :)

I am sure people are curious about the open and the closed version :)

Feb 19, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #2,546 of 2,583
Don't worry, you're welcome on this thread too! :)

I am sure people are curious about the open and the closed version :)
Thanks. Question- it’s not clear to me which dampers do what. The instructions were not clear. I’m currently going with the one notch white that came on them. What would be one step up in damping? I assume open and closed are the same. I actually want to buy the open as well but I wonder if they would be too similar. Currently using ananda.

Feb 19, 2021 at 8:34 PM Post #2,547 of 2,583
Thanks. Question- it’s not clear to me which dampers do what. The instructions were not clear. I’m currently going with the one notch white that came on them. What would be one step up in damping? I assume open and closed are the same. I actually want to buy the open as well but I wonder if they would be too similar. Currently using ananda.

It is hard to say if they will be redundant, should be fine to have both :)

I personally prefer the sound with zero dampers, it sounds the cleanest and most detailed. A bit strong in the treble, but me is loving it :)

Feb 21, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #2,549 of 2,583
Japanese model has "FLOW" because the "AEON" name was already a trade mark of some other Japanese company (unrelated to audio even), so they had to put "FLOW" instead of "AEON" to sell it in Japan.

Feb 21, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #2,550 of 2,583
Japanese model has "FLOW" because the "AEON" name was already a trade mark of some other Japanese company (unrelated to audio even), so they had to put "FLOW" instead of "AEON" to sell it in Japan.
Ah, I see. The trademark seems to have already been taken. Thanks for the answer :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back