Most underrated and overrated headphone? For a bit of fun :)
Nov 17, 2013 at 8:45 AM Post #301 of 589
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130130174041AAIxN2g

People need to calm down about the m50s they're pretty good they do NOT beat out cans 100s of dollars more than them anymore.

They were trendy a while back and everyone used to recommend them for starters, so beginner audiophiles and noobs who try them think they're the best headphones in the world.

Nov 17, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #303 of 589
Sennheiser HD800s - way overrated.

Nov 18, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #306 of 589

No offense, but here you sound like someone who have no friends/life thus don't know how to spend his time or what to spend his time on...

When I have an argument and someone disagrees with me, it's their choice. I would not force them to think for a good reason to disprove my argument and even if they do, my time is precious and wasting it on argument, let alone internet argument is not what I deem to use it for.

Still, to stay within thread topic;

Underrated: DT990 - it seems to be a despised headphone around here?

You could stop at a constructive discussion of flaws in his argument. You don't need to resort to insulting the speaker; it's a common logical fallacy and is generally frowned upon.

Nov 19, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #308 of 589
The HD700 also seems like a not very popular pair of cans..

Nov 25, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #312 of 589
I think I have found the new most underrated headphone... The SR60i... It's overshadowed by the SR80i
frown.gif
but I think they sound excellent for the price!

I supposed that's fair, but I remember when the SR80's were my first "audiophile" purchase, the price difference between these two cans was not enough to deter me from going for the higher end pair. For $100, I don't think you can find a better openback pair of cans (new) than the SR80. I still use them regularly for casual PC listening (out of the regular headphone jack, mostly for videos/Youtube)

Nov 25, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #313 of 589
I personally found the CAL! to be overrated. Sound wise it was good in my opinion but it was a phone that seemed like it was designed for outside use by looking at the chord length but everything about it was not suited for it. Too fragile, difficult to pack, and terrible isolation. Perhaps if it had a longer cord and made it seem like it was designed for home use it would not be as bad. 

I do not find this phone to be the most overrated or anything of that sort but i found it to be some what overrated in general

Nov 25, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #314 of 589
I supposed that's fair, but I remember when the SR80's were my first "audiophile" purchase, the price difference between these two cans was not enough to deter me from going for the higher end pair. For $100, I don't think you can find a better openback pair of cans (new) than the SR80. I still use them regularly for casual PC listening (out of the regular headphone jack, mostly for videos/Youtube)

Yep! I use mine for casual listening as well. In fact, I find myself going back to it for rocks music and I find it comparable to higher end headphones (at around $200) but does not sound as clean as them. I mean Grado can be a lil harsh at the top end at times but still sound great xD

Nov 25, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #315 of 589
I think I have found the new most underrated headphone... The SR60i... It's overshadowed by the SR80i
frown.gif
but I think they sound excellent for the price!

I agree. I'll continue using the terms over/underpriced. I think 60i/80i are underpriced and 325is and up are overpriced. I'm not complaining about either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back