Most underrated and overrated headphone? For a bit of fun :)
Mar 11, 2020 at 5:00 PM Post #586 of 589
I will stay clear of the over-rated bait. Everyone here has different preferences.

Under-rated? Funny, I really like a number of my headphones. The pair I use the most is probably the least accurate etc. but for day to day use they are the killer solution because they work so darn well with my phone. Just be bopping around, shopping, etc. they do great. What are they? The ever present Apple Airpod Pros.

Mar 11, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #587 of 589
I will stay clear of the over-rated bait. Everyone here has different preferences.

Under-rated? Funny, I really like a number of my headphones. The pair I use the most is probably the least accurate etc. but for day to day use they are the killer solution because they work so darn well with my phone. Just be bopping around, shopping, etc. they do great. What are they? The ever present Apple Airpod Pros.
Good point. It's about state of mind. We audiofools must take a deep breath and tell ourselves, "I am satified."

We can all do it. "I'm satified with my Air Pods. I don't need the flavor of the month." Your wallet would be so happy to hear that.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2020 at 1:01 AM Post #589 of 589
Based on the 7 pairs of headphones that I own the most underrated is the iBasso Audio SR1 ! A $500 set of HPs that sound as good or better than a lot of $1000 headphones.

Most overrated pair is the Fostex th-x00, about the only thing I like about these is, the wood cups look nice.
The only time I fell for the hype on the forums and bought these, was a mistake, at least for my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back