most comfortable headphones
Feb 22, 2008 at 8:00 PM Post #17 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by scatterbrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea I just bought the Denon D-2000 and man are they comfy. They completely cup the ear and have leather pads which don't seem to get very hot even after long periods of use.

x2 !

Feb 22, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #19 of 39
A third vote for beyer dt770/80, if you like comfort stay away from grados.( just my subjective opinion, but its all about being subjective.)

Feb 22, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #20 of 39
One of the many comfortable set of cans that would be the Sony MDR-CD3000. I can have them on top of my head for hours without any discomfort. With a pillow properly adjusted and postioned on my bed, I can lay comfortably while listening to them.

Feb 23, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #25 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
D2000 don't rest well on my head so I'll have to say GS1000.

Wow, that's a vote for a Grado as most comfortable headphone! I guess the top of the line shouldn't be too bad.
wink.gif

Feb 23, 2008 at 3:18 AM Post #26 of 39
HD555s that i had were a bit more comfy than my current AD700s i have atm. apparently dt880s are meant to be very comfy too, still waiting on postage for those.

Loved the HD555s fit though, hopefully the DT880 is similar.

Feb 23, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #27 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by V-DiV /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am on a quest to find a really comfortable set of full-size headphones for long, all-day listening and listening in bed (don't like to wake up with my phones still on and pressing uncomfortably).

I find Grados to be very uncomfortable. Sennheiser is so-so to me. What are your picks for most comfortable high-sound-quality, full-size headphones?

Have you tried the GS-1000's with their massive pads? So very light and comfy.

My personal ranking of comfy phones:

1) Sony MDR F1
2) Grado GS-1000
3) Sony MDR10
4) Anything by AT in that one model style range, my preference are the L3000's

Feb 23, 2008 at 5:58 AM Post #28 of 39
My MS-1s are very comfortable because the headband seems to have loosened and they sit on my ears with less force and don't crush my ears like they did for a month or two (they were really uncomfortable).
They stay on my head well too.

My vote goes to dt770. SR-404 and the similar headphones are very comfortable, the main issue with them is that my ears rest against the foam between my ear and the drivers. It's not too bad, just a little scratchy, and could be removed. Also the thin and flexible (p)leather headband is not that suitable for dreadlocks as it makes forward/backward adjustment a little annoying, but that is no big deal to most people..

The K501 was pretty comfortable as mentioned, but I prefer the head-hugging beyers
wink.gif

Feb 23, 2008 at 6:06 AM Post #29 of 39
My HD 580's are very comfortable, been wearing them 14 years, also the W1000/W5000 AT phones are maybe just as comfortable, or possibly mmore comfortable ... , good phones as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back