most comfortable headphones
Feb 23, 2008 at 6:09 AM Post #31 of 39
Denon D2000's gently caress my head with a soft, loving embrace,, while providing sonic bliss...sometimes allowing multiple eargasms....
eek.gif
wink.gif

Ah, love....
tongue.gif

Feb 23, 2008 at 6:12 AM Post #32 of 39
And my deep-cup Darth Beyers are almost as comfortable as the Denons....not quite, but close.
But, the sonic bliss is sometimes even better, to make up for it.....

May 19, 2008 at 11:39 AM Post #33 of 39
Sony SA-5000's I have are really comfortable. Adjustable headband, soft/large ear pads and they are LiGhT!

There's been a few times I ran out of tracks with phone on my head reading or doing some work and I forgot it was in my head. The only thing that keeps me from forgetting it's even there is the music coming out of it
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

May 19, 2008 at 11:46 AM Post #34 of 39
The HD595s are amazingly comfortable.

May 19, 2008 at 12:10 PM Post #35 of 39
The Sennheiser HD495 Silver is the most comfortable cans I use.
smily_headphones1.gif

I have been using mine for years... these days mostly for listening to television, DVD movies and casual music when I just want to relax.

It feels weightless... just so light and no problems even when wearing glasses. Its main weakness is that it needs to be amped as it just can't be driven well direct by most sources, especially portable ones.

Though not the best sounding, it has its place just for the comfort factor and decent sound. It is also the can I like to use when I want to fall asleep through listening to music.
tongue.gif

May 19, 2008 at 1:38 PM Post #36 of 39
I guess maybe it would be the MDR F1... they always seemed to be a bit gimmicky to me. In terms of proper good phones, the D5000s are so comfy.

Oct 10, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #37 of 39
Here is my top 5 list of the maybe 50 headphones I've tried out.
This is for both short time and long time comfort.

1. Sennheiser HD-555
The perfect fit combined with good padding and skin friendly cloth makes it possible for the most long time wear without any discomfort what so ever.

2. Philips SBC-HP1000
Probably the best pads in the world. Enough said.

3.Audio Technica ATH-D700
Light weight and those wings makes superiour comfort.

4. Sennheiser HD-600
One of the best for long time comfort. Similar to the HD-555.

5. Denon AH-D5000
Very soft leather or pleather pads. A bit heavy and no padding on the headband makes them better for short time sessions.

Least comfortable headphones must be the vintage Audio Technica AT-703. No padding what so ever combines with great clamping force is not a recipe for great comfort
triportsad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back