Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Mar 12, 2022 at 10:58 PM Post #10,952 of 11,979
There is huge misconception here....
The segment of cable we are referring to, is the MOST noticeable type of cable, because it is headphone cable...

Its not just a piece of wire, but a complex design with complex wind, strand, insulating material, and braiding, wich will affect micro world of detail, ambiance, tonality and coherency.
All components have RCL & magnetic attributes, no matter how small.
These perceptions are not readily noticeable on devices that are not sensitive, but IEMs are one of the most sensitive type of devices we have, especially since it is being placed right in the ear...
So yeah, all that "sound science" goes out the window when you hear differences, which, like it or not, the majority of all of us notice or claim to notice.
It's Iike the difference between a person of faith knowing they have a soul, and an atheist who don't believe or want to show you numbers to invalidate the soul.
Wonder how the capacitance of a cable from using thicker cables will affect the sound. Maybe its not conductivity thats making silver sound brighter than copper but rather their capacitance?

Mar 12, 2022 at 11:17 PM Post #10,953 of 11,979
Wonder how the capacitance of a cable from using thicker cables will affect the sound. Maybe its not conductivity thats making silver sound brighter than copper but rather their capacitance?
Too many things at play. The fancy windings become more complex than transformer or motor windings, and the insulation types (or lack of) can cause things besides capacitance. There's also magnetic fields generated from the current, that can interact with each other thru the insulation. It's not just RCL aspects. Also we have the complexity of silver plated copper, or gold plated silver, and also combinations.
We then are dealing with different conductance, which essentially can act like layered amounts of RCL.. It's all a dam mess if you ask me. So nothing clear cut except trial and error and the general consensus of those that tried.
Anyone that tells you they can't hear, essentially becomes of no use in your search, as they essentially have no information to relay on any differences, and have basically boxed themselves in, so there you go...

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2022 at 4:14 AM Post #10,955 of 11,979
67AA157C-8747-48F0-8D5E-E89565E63D6C.jpeg

Mar 18, 2022 at 8:39 AM Post #10,960 of 11,979
Last edited:
Mar 18, 2022 at 8:56 AM Post #10,961 of 11,979
The general popularity of Moondrop Spring Tips would also beg for larger bore sizes so that we can use them on other IEMs… #jussayin

They’re already going to do an XL, because their L was too small. I see more and more people adopting these tips and raving about their quality and fit.

I guess they hit a sweet spot here. I totally agree with you, if they’re smart they’ll develop different bore sizes to accommodate different IEMs.

I just hope these tips will be available in Europe because I will not pay customs taxes and shipping from China (for anything at this moment, in fact).

Mar 21, 2022 at 4:31 PM Post #10,963 of 11,979
I just hope these tips will be available in Europe because I will not pay customs taxes and shipping from China (for anything at this moment, in fact).
Sad. What kind of duties and such are we talking about it? Is it a European Union thing?

Mar 22, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #10,965 of 11,979
Is there an EQ (PEQ) profile for the Variations to Oracle tuning? Loving the Variations as is but very curious about Oracle.
I don't see that he has one, but it does look like crinacle has one. My personal experience with oracle's and crin's presets have been 100% miss with iems so far. Try it out, though. Who knows, u might get lucky and like it. My ears and preferences might just be weird.

edit: oops😂 i meant oratory1990's eq presets, not oracle as in the iem. Oratory and oracle are close, and I got them confused

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back