Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 8, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #3,511 of 12,007
As of July 8th, the KPE has been pulled down from both Amazon and PenonAudio; If this is permanent, then it would seem that the manufacturer agrees with your assessment. No need for both to exist

I'm fine with this. I'd much rather they rotate out older models for slightly upgraded versions that deliver on what made the original so great, only evrything's better elsewhere. I'm not a fan of when companies discontinue popular, well-reviewed products without a replacement. Some might disagree, but for example, the HD650 hasn't had a proper "upgrade" that keeps the warm tonality, and smooth mid-range, while improving the sub-bass and treble extension. All their upgrades are too radically different, or fix things at the expense of trade-offs.

Jul 8, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #3,512 of 12,007
moondrop blessing.jpg
My Moondrop Blessing arrived today.

Jul 9, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #3,513 of 12,007
Jul 9, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #3,514 of 12,007
How about the Crescent? Any opinions on it if comparing to KPE? Does it seem comparable in SQ as well for $30? Otto Motor thinks highly of it's value, but also he thinks MH755 is smooth (which I disagree with).

The Crescent to me is decent sounding and perhaps good for its price point but is no way remotely a giant killer. The Tin T3 and the KZ ZS10 Pro are in a different league, IMO.

If you like the Kanas Pro stick with it unless you want to become a collector! :smile_phones:

Jul 9, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #3,515 of 12,007
The Crescent to me is decent sounding and perhaps good for its price point but is no way remotely a giant killer. The Tin T3 and the KZ ZS10 Pro are in a different league, IMO.

If you like the Kanas Pro stick with it unless you want to become a collector! :smile_phones:
Thank you for the advice, but too late. The curiosity got the best of me. Crescent is tonally a good sounding iem for sure, and it's more neutral than KP, but KP does scale better with better source. KP sounds more resolving and the bass sounds better presented (eventhough bass quantity is greater with good amount of subs). The Crescent uses a small drivers as you can tell from the housing, and usually these smaller drivers do not present bass as good as the large diameter drivers in terms of tactility in feel from the strong movement of air. Also, the mids I find is better resolved with the KP. Crescent at $30 is the good iem within the price, but KP is just more engaging to listen to due to it's higher technical performance and the fun response.

KP is more efficient and gets louder as well. Crescent takes a bit more volume.

In terms of value, the Crescent reminds me of Zero Carbo Tenore, which was alright.

I'm no collector, and I don't like to have too many things lying around, but oh well. Spaceship is on the way due to curiosity. I'm on a roll as you can tell... :deadhorse: I'm liking Moondrop's tuning based on the two iems though. Companies like Moondrop is really changing the perception of Chi-fi and also value.

After listening to KP, and then Crescent. Of course I would listen to KP pretty much exclusively. So, Crescent is not needed for me.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #3,517 of 12,007
thank you bro, the cable is the same like stock but 2.5mm, in Penon they have it but is 40$, i got mine for 15$ during the sale, sorry that everything got sold out and you didn't receive your cable
Hi, I'm looking for a 2.5mm balanced cable for my MDP. I checked Penon but I can't find it. Could you point me in the right direction? Thx. Casey

Jul 9, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #3,518 of 12,007
Just ordered a Crescent, as it seems they're being phased out and I wanted to see if it lives up to the sub-$100 hype. The talk about condensation making them unusable after relatively short periods of listening is troubling, though.

I'm also intrigued by the KPE but I'm not sure I need yet another midfi IEM. I recently have acquired and own the following IEMs: Ety ER2XR, Simgot EN700 Pro, AT ATHLS200, Mee Pinnacle P1, Sony MH755. Do you think the KPE is worth an acquisition to compare to those? Would it solidly outmatch any of those (maybe excluding the 755)?

Jul 9, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #3,519 of 12,007
Just ordered a Crescent, as it seems they're being phased out and I wanted to see if it lives up to the sub-$100 hype. The talk about condensation making them unusable after relatively short periods of listening is troubling, though.

I'm also intrigued by the KPE but I'm not sure I need yet another midfi IEM. I recently have acquired and own the following IEMs: Ety ER2XR, Simgot EN700 Pro, AT ATHLS200, Mee Pinnacle P1, Sony MH755. Do you think the KPE is worth an acquisition to compare to those? Would it solidly outmatch any of those (maybe excluding the 755)?
Interesting thing about KPE and MH755 is that they get driven strongly even out of laptop headphone output. I think it's due to being a dynamic driver iem being pretty flat impedance response. I think my laptop headphone jack is stronger than some DAPs and smartphones. You hear it sounding not flabby as weak sources and seems to be well controlled that the bass response is very tight.

Anyway, I got the Spaceship, and I think it's similar in SQ to Crescent (perhaps it's Crescent's replacement) with probably slightly worse resolution. When I turn it up loud, I hear the graininess in the upper-mids to treble articulation (thus doesn't sound well separated). The bass having more mid-bass compared to Crescent and not digg deep (less than Crescent and way less than KP's subs, basically sounds like what typical normal bass from iem sounds like). I notice that there's a treble elevation somewhere, and it sticks out more so than the Crescent (Crescent having more cohesive upper-mids so the treble doesn't stick out as much). Sound stage is even smaller than the Crescent. Tonally, it's not bad, and there's certainly much worse at the price point out there I'm sure.

Dynamically, Spaceship comes off more aggressive. The bass sounds harder and treble sound more forward.

Other than that, I like the look of it, and the small form factor. It's pretty small that length from cable connection to the end of the tip is shorter than the Crescent even that I imagine that there might be somebody have issue with the fit. It looks kinda cute like a small silver bullet. lol.

In terms of sound quality:

Kanas Pro >> Crescent > Spaceship

I think between Crescent and Spaceship is more of a flavor thing. If you like more aggressive forward response, I'd recommend Spaceship. Crescent might sound a bit flatter and most boring out of the three. Kanas Pro having better technicalities than the other two is quite obvious.

I guess it does correlate with cost, but Kanas Pro is significantly more in cost so it's not a linear relationship.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #3,521 of 12,007
hi. can anyone tell me the nozzle size on the blessing. I'd like to buy new tips but not sure what to get. thanks

you wouldn't happen to know what size tips they take? I have no way to measure them and can't find the information anywhere
measured 6.7mm blessing nozzle diameter.
yea, it's very wide, but managed to fit spiral dots, kz starlines, etc. just stretching them a bit and some patience.
had to use lower size tips because of that nozzle width: spiral dots M instead of ML.

blessing tended to slip out from my ear. corrected this with longer tips: used flip-sided kz starlines, because the stem is longer, and the grip and seal is better. now they stay into my ear for long.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fli...e-your-mind-blown.906357/page-2#post-14947444

however, heard moondrop was going to revise blessing nozzle width, to make it narrower.

btw, i'm in love with blessing.
extended bass, great sub-bass, dynamic driver rumble and texture while being fast enough.
mids very detailed, with the right spot of thickness (not excessive lush, not thin).
highs very detailed, airy and crisp, while not being sibilant nor harsh.
tonality is perfect for my taste, no eq needed at all.
resolution, the best in my stock. speed is superb (although bass speed is not faster than some BAs bass). separation and imaging, excellent. sound stage, enough.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #3,522 of 12,007
measured 6.7mm blessing nozzle diameter.
yea, it's very wide, but managed to fit spiral dots, kz starlines, etc. just stretching them a bit and some patience.
had to use lower size tips because of that nozzle width: spiral dots M instead of ML.

blessing tended to slip out from my ear. corrected this with longer tips: used flip-sided kz starlines, because the stem is longer, and the grip and seal is better. now they stay into my ear for long.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fli...e-your-mind-blown.906357/page-2#post-14947444

however, heard moondrop was going to revise blessing nozzle width, to make it narrower.

btw, i'm in love with blessing.
extended bass, great sub-bass, dynamic driver rumble and texture while being fast enough.
mids very detailed, with the right spot of thickness (not excessive lush, not thin).
highs very detailed, airy and crisp, while not being sibilant nor harsh.
tonality is perfect for my taste, no eq needed at all.
resolution, the best in my stock. speed is superb (although bass speed is not faster than some BAs bass). separation and imaging, excellent. sound stage, enough.
thank you so much for this information. I'm not crazy about the stock tips either, but I just couldn't figure out what to get. I love my blessing's too, even with the stock tips. lol

Jul 10, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #3,524 of 12,007
Anyway, I got the Spaceship, and I think it's similar in SQ to Crescent (perhaps it's Crescent's replacement) with probably slightly worse resolution. When I turn it up loud, I hear the graininess in the upper-mids to treble articulation (thus doesn't sound well separated). The bass having more mid-bass compared to Crescent and not digg deep (less than Crescent and way less than KP's subs, basically sounds like what typical normal bass from iem sounds like). I notice that there's a treble elevation somewhere, and it sticks out more so than the Crescent (Crescent having more cohesive upper-mids so the treble doesn't stick out as much). Sound stage is even smaller than the Crescent. Tonally, it's not bad, and there's certainly much worse at the price point out there I'm sure.

Dynamically, Spaceship comes off more aggressive. The bass sounds harder and treble sound more forward.

Other than that, I like the look of it, and the small form factor. It's pretty small that length from cable connection to the end of the tip is shorter than the Crescent even that I imagine that there might be somebody have issue with the fit. It looks kinda cute like a small silver bullet. lol.

In terms of sound quality:

Kanas Pro >> Crescent > Spaceship

I think between Crescent and Spaceship is more of a flavor thing. If you like more aggressive forward response, I'd recommend Spaceship. Crescent might sound a bit flatter and most boring out of the three. Kanas Pro having better technicalities than the other two is quite obvious.

I guess it does correlate with cost, but Kanas Pro is significantly more in cost so it's not a linear relationship.
Here are the measurements. I could see right off the bat that Crescent and KP both have similar bass tonality with more extension in the subs, and just like my impression, the Spaceship doesn't extend as deep. Also, you can see why Spaceship seem more forward in response with the raised 3k area the treble area.

Moondrop1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back