Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 26, 2019 at 4:53 AM Post #2,371 of 12,007
61m970jwnlL._SY879_.jpg
Thanks dude

Apr 26, 2019 at 5:10 AM Post #2,373 of 12,007
Just ordered a set from Ali. For the price it’s easy to experiment. Thanks

They are amazing! Dont use the weird red tips they come with though. Foams / a good fit and you will find one of the best 'budget' IEM's currently out there :)

Apr 26, 2019 at 5:36 AM Post #2,374 of 12,007
They are amazing! Dont use the weird red tips they come with though. Foams / a good fit and you will find one of the best 'budget' IEM's currently out there :)

No, definitely don't use those tips. The right fitting foams for you will give a really rich, euphoric yet detailed experience. I'm not going to overplay these anymore as everyone's preferences and experiences are personal...but I think you can detect my enthusiasm for these. The good place for the new version of **** on Ali is LuckLZ (no, I don't have shares!!)...a nice guy and helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 26, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #2,375 of 12,007
No, definitely don't use those tips. The right fitting foams for you will give a really rich, euphoric yet detailed experience. I'm not going to overplay these anymore as everyone's preferences and experiences are personal...but I think you can detect my enthusiasm for these. The good place for the new version of **** on Ali is LuckLZ (no, I don't have shares!!)...a nice guy and helpful.
What do you mean a new version of ****?

Apr 26, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #2,376 of 12,007
Apr 26, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #2,378 of 12,007
Yeah, ****. The 'newer' version has a better braided cable (not that it's that brilliant!) and a nicer, shiny black shell.

waitttt. i post my impressions on that few weeks back. looks like i got the 'new version' one, didn't know that they have 2 versions

Apr 26, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #2,379 of 12,007
waitttt. i post my impressions on that few weeks back. looks like i got the 'new version' one, didn't know that they have 2 versions

Yeah if you look at aliexpress you'll see the pics look different...and LuckLZ one is different to the rest.

Apr 26, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #2,380 of 12,007
Since you've got already 2 pairs, I'd rid of the stock mesh in one pair and replace it for another mesh with bigger "pores" just to make sure it isn't the culprit after all. (Or you can DIY one using 3M micropore, alcohol swab, tea paper, etc...)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dus...?spm=a2g03.10010108.1000001.12.515c15c8taX7ck
I actually did that on one pair. I removed the metal mesh and tried using them like that. It didn't change anything. Under the metal mesh there was another finer mesh which looked like smooth fabric. I was afraid of ruining them so I didn't try to remove or poke that fabric but my guess is that is that fabric was the culprit. Today I sent both of my pairs to seller and I will be refunded. As I was at the post office I realized I am sending away my last headphones I have and I can't be without headphones for a month till new arrive. So I wen't to the city looking for some cheap well known headphones I could buy right now. I found for 10$ real Samsung eo-ig955 (Samsung IEMs tuned by AKG). They are useable but I still wanna buy something better. I guess I try **** ****.

Apr 26, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #2,381 of 12,007
It is a pity Cora doesn't have detachable cable. Graphs of Cora and Canas Pro look very close.
Edit: They have only superficial insertion, isolate very little and are hard to drive. Sadly these IEMs are not for me.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #2,383 of 12,007
Hello you guys! I just got KPE and LG v20 after having se215 and nothing (pixel), respectively. Absolutely love the kpes, they are unbelievable. I sometimes wonder if it's possible for the sound to be any better than that. I am a layman in audiophiles' terms, but after hearing instruments right behind my ears I can surely say that the soundstage is hella wide :D

I have a small problem tho: my ears are oddly shaped... They have not canals, but craters with golf holes. Thus, I need either the absolutely biggest ear tips for the craters or the absolutely smallest ones for the holes (I doubt tips are made that small tho). Also, silicone just slides in there, so I preferably need some foam. Finally, some isolation would be nice.

I ordered comply active foam tips, but the size was medium. Are there any more options in case the said don't fit? Preferably some cheap memory foam with decent isolation from aliexpress.

Thank you :)

Apr 27, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #2,384 of 12,007
Hello you guys! I just got KPE and LG v20 after having se215 and nothing (pixel), respectively. Absolutely love the kpes, they are unbelievable. I sometimes wonder if it's possible for the sound to be any better than that. I am a layman in audiophiles' terms, but after hearing instruments right behind my ears I can surely say that the soundstage is hella wide :D

I have a small problem tho: my ears are oddly shaped... They have not canals, but craters with golf holes. Thus, I need either the absolutely biggest ear tips for the craters or the absolutely smallest ones for the holes (I doubt tips are made that small tho). Also, silicone just slides in there, so I preferably need some foam. Finally, some isolation would be nice.

I ordered comply active foam tips, but the size was medium. Are there any more options in case the said don't fit? Preferably some cheap memory foam with decent isolation from aliexpress.

Thank you :)

What an amazing IEM to start with ! o_0 Hearty congrats
Which part of the world do you live in ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back