Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 27, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #2,386 of 12,011
Yes, I was choosing between iBasso IT01 and FiiO FA1, but I got strongly recommended the kpes :)

It is Russia, good sir.
Not ideal :) but listen, if it helps Im happy to send you a selection of tips - I have some really small ones + a fair few different foams so you can see what works for you
PM me buddy and we'll sort something out - I also have annoying shaped ears so I feel for you ! :D

Apr 27, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #2,389 of 12,011
Also I still love my kpe but from day one I had this problem of the right side sounding slightly weaker then the left. Is there any fix for this anyone? I cannot return this back as this was my replacement iem for the ostry kc07.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 27, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #2,390 of 12,011
Not ideal :) but listen, if it helps Im happy to send you a selection of tips - I have some really small ones + a fair few different foams so you can see what works for you
PM me buddy and we'll sort something out - I also have annoying shaped ears so I feel for you ! :D
You are a hero

Apr 27, 2019 at 9:16 PM Post #2,391 of 12,011
Yes, I was choosing between iBasso IT01 and FiiO FA1, but I got strongly recommended the kpes :)

It is Russia, good sir.
If there is no solution for you maybe you can try this

Apr 27, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #2,392 of 12,011
Also I still love my kpe but from day one I had this problem of the right side sounding slightly weaker then the left. Is there any fix for this anyone? I cannot return this back as this was my replacement iem for the ostry kc07.
Same problem, i just balance with my lg g7 one's dac. Would be great if we would get any warranties or atleast possible repairs.

Apr 27, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #2,393 of 12,011
Indeed. It would be great to have some support directly from Moondrop or a representative like in iBasso's thread.

In my case, I needed to send my KPE back to China and apparently, the seller is fixing it by himself. I have no clue how he'll fix a faulty driver (the sound cuts off and back randomly) so definitely some support from Moondrop would've saved me from this headache, lol.

Apr 28, 2019 at 1:28 AM Post #2,394 of 12,011
If your player has the option to adjust balance, that should work.

Apr 28, 2019 at 2:31 AM Post #2,395 of 12,011

If bass sounds the same with mids high quieter on one side then it's likely filter/mesh causes inbalance. If bass is also quieter it can be connection/soldering issue or vent get clogged.

Apr 28, 2019 at 4:52 AM Post #2,396 of 12,011
If bass sounds the same with mids high quieter on one side then it's likely filter/mesh causes inbalance. If bass is also quieter it can be connection/soldering issue or vent get clogged.
Thanks, yes I think it's the filter/mesh because the vocals sound slightly to the left with a bit more power. Do I need to replace the filter with something else?

Apr 28, 2019 at 5:55 AM Post #2,398 of 12,011
Same problem, i just balance with my lg g7 one's dac. Would be great if we would get any warranties or atleast possible repairs.
I have seen some measurements (crins also) little too imbalance in "highs hill" KPE has and I`m not sure if it is from bad driver matching or grills/vent hole fabrics. My pair is pretty balanced (measured with and without nozzle grills) luckily and have no issues with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 28, 2019 at 6:39 AM Post #2,399 of 12,011
I'm too sending mine back because I have channel imbalance with the left side being slightly weaker and darker... desiccant bags helps but not entirely.
The trouble began the first and only day I wore them for cycling. it was a very windy day. (condensation?)
I accidentally dropped some earwax on the right side. But it's the left side that is acting weird...

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #2,400 of 12,011
Burn in is real with this IEM. They sound different from what they sounded OOTB. The whole sound is smooth and on the euphonic side now. Very enjoyable. Sometimes I prefer these to my HD 650s.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back