Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 22, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #2,341 of 12,011
Only 32 in my case. :triportsad:
Dw5Qz_XV4AAGEO2.jpg

Apr 22, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #2,342 of 12,011
But only no crossover gives you pure power :)

Apr 22, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #2,343 of 12,011
9940109_l.jpg

Best I could do. Don`t bother to mess with calibration anymore and will leave it like that.

Apr 22, 2019 at 7:57 PM Post #2,345 of 12,011
I've been using my A8s for a few days now. I can say a few things for sure.

A) Sub bass focus at the low end, very nice, leaves mids and highs the star of the show and still has a hair more midbass than the KPE
B) soundstage and separation are TOTL. This IEM is beautifully tuned.
C) crap mastered tracks sound crap, DM6 was the same and this is even more transparent. If your source is bad, this will show it
D) can be used for monitoring in live situations, its REALLY good for this, outstanding (I play guitar)
E) IT is imo a BA version of the KPE
F) the most gorgeous best looking IEM i've ever seen or seen pictures, of, its got the wow factor
G) insertion depth dependent, more than I want, need to be in there deeep,
H) needs more power than I expected, but nothing major
I) aaaahmazing fit. The best IEM i've ever shoved in my ears.. feels like a custom(and I have custom molded tips)
J) Bores are coke can thick. Not a fan

Im not buying any more BA sets, ever. I feel like it can't get any more resolving. These are endgame Yet, BAs are not the end of the journey.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #2,347 of 12,011
Apr 23, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #2,348 of 12,011
Apr 23, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #2,349 of 12,011
Apr 23, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #2,350 of 12,011
Damn i was yesterday on 14 now im on 4 cuz i had to send my bad dm6 back to china

That sucks :/
Had to wait 6 months until I could get a set of DM6's
Good thing about this hobby though is that when you find your own 'end game' IEM then you are set
pretty much there now with 1 each of the following types open back / 1x closed back / 1x DD IEM / 1 x BA / 1x Hybrid
Its taken about 10 years though and a lot of buying and selling!

Apr 23, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #2,351 of 12,011
That sucks :/
Had to wait 6 months until I could get a set of DM6's
Good thing about this hobby though is that when you find your own 'end game' IEM then you are set
pretty much there now with 1 each of the following types open back / 1x closed back / 1x DD IEM / 1 x BA / 1x Hybrid
Its taken about 10 years though and a lot of buying and selling!
I dint wait so long getvit after 2 weeks after order but there is somthing bad in the left iem out of the box there was some mettalic vibration the mmcx was very loose the right one was good but i loved the sound really from the dm6 if they dont where broken

Now i order the tin t2 for 20 bucks on german ebay need somthing to listen while i wait 1-2 months

...maybe they never come back

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #2,352 of 12,011
I dint wait so long getvit after 2 weeks after order but there is somthing bad in the left iem out of the box there was some mettalic vibration the mmcx was very loose the right one was good but i loved the sound really from the dm6

Now i order the tin t2 for 20 bucks on german ebay need somthing to listen while i wait 1-2 months

I dint wait so long getvit after 2 weeks after order but there is somthing bad in the left iem out of the box there was some mettalic vibration the mmcx was very loose the right one was good but i loved the sound really from the dm6 if they dont where broken

Real audioholic, no day without listening to something :wink: tin2 nice but it's like temporary stop between some further stops. After dm6 and kanas it surelly only can be used as a backup. Hope with your next iem youyou w have better luck.:wink:

Apr 23, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #2,353 of 12,011

I really like the Tin T2 Beautfully tuned humble IEM - You could perhaps look for the SFR **** as well - Incredible IEM for the price (1xDD 1XBA and 1xPeizo)

Apr 23, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #2,354 of 12,011
Real audioholic, no day without listening to something :wink: tin2 nice but it's like temporary stop between some further stops. After dm6 and kanas it surelly only can be used as a backup. Hope with your next iem youyou w have better luck.:wink:
I sent the dm6 back that they send me a new i i fell really in love whit it i got no problems whit that piercing highs at the moment i use my old momentum in ear ohh my god are they bad i tought they where good before i come to this forum i cant listen to that crap anympre

Apr 24, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #2,355 of 12,011
I'm no expert as well but I think the Kanas Pro is superior in every way. Totally disagree with this wide stage discussion related to FH5. Bizarre.

I agree. I have the FH5, however, since I bought the KPEs and DM6s I can’t listen to them anymore. It’s not that I think they are a bad set of iems, rather the other two sound so much better to me, There is something about the mids that is missing and it’s not until you liaten to iems with really good mids, like the KPE, that you realise what you’re missing. It goes to show how we all hear differently and what one person hears may be very different from the next person hears. Not suggesting there is any right or wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back