Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 25, 2022 at 9:56 PM Post #11,416 of 11,979
I scored a pair. I had to remove the filters per Moondrop and once I did - wow.

These things can boogey. I use foam tips with them. For me they sounded way better. (I moved the spring tips to a set KZ-Z10pros which work nicely with them). I am righteously knocked out by what you get for $20 USD and I told Moondrop as much. Bass is killer, taught and tight, mids are clean and clear, highs are articulate and extended if but a touch forward and borderline shrill; however, I would like to note, the highs have calmed down with use and changing to foam tips let the bass breathe better which took away from the forward highs. These things rock. I use them when I'm out and about.

Aug 26, 2022 at 12:56 AM Post #11,417 of 11,979
I scored a pair. I had to remove the filters per Moondrop and once I did - wow.

These things can boogey. I use foam tips with them. For me they sounded way better. (I moved the spring tips to a set KZ-Z10pros which work nicely with them). I am righteously knocked out by what you get for $20 USD and I told Moondrop as much. Bass is killer, taught and tight, mids are clean and clear, highs are articulate and extended if but a touch forward and borderline shrill; however, I would like to note, the highs have calmed down with use and changing to foam tips let the bass breathe better which took away from the forward highs. These things rock. I use them when I'm out and about.

What Moondrop again? Sorry if i miss that

Aug 26, 2022 at 2:18 AM Post #11,419 of 11,979
Screenshot_2022-08-26-14-14-44-90_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Wondering what's the upgrade? Sound quality or built quality?

Aug 26, 2022 at 2:46 AM Post #11,420 of 11,979
Since he mentioned spring tips and the price which is $20, I assume he's talking about the Chu.

Feel stupid knowing that I read that $20 part before lol

Aug 26, 2022 at 6:00 AM Post #11,422 of 11,979
Since Crinacle is highly influential and his review said the tuning was good but build quality left a lot of room for improvements, it's obvious they are trying to fix the latter. In a month there is not enough time to change the entire chassis, but maybe allow more swiveling of the cups and definitely add a limiter so that the cups don't clack against their support. Unlikely they can improve the driver in order to get better technicalities in 30 days.

Aug 26, 2022 at 11:44 AM Post #11,423 of 11,979
Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Aug 31, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #11,428 of 11,979
Hi guys.
Has anyone tried the Moondrop Kato with either the new Spinfit W1 tips or the Azla SednaEarfit Max tips?
Which one do you think may be more faithful to the actual sound signature of the Kato, specially compared to the Spring Tips? Do you think the Spring Tips actually represent the real sound signature?

Aug 31, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #11,429 of 11,979
Hi guys.
Has anyone tried the Moondrop Kato with either the new Spinfit W1 tips or the Azla SednaEarfit Max tips?
Which one do you think may be more faithful to the actual sound signature of the Kato, specially compared to the Spring Tips? Do you think the Spring Tips actually represent the real sound signature?

I don’t have the Kato, but I’ve used all of those tips. The W1 and the Max are similar. Both are slightly tacky and both are very neutral sounding. The Spring Tips fit well because the umbrella is a little longer than average but I think they enhance treble response. They seem to make a more noticeable difference than the W1 or the Max.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #11,430 of 11,979
I don’t have the Kato, but I’ve used all of those tips. Th W1 and the Max are similar. Both are slightly tacky and both are very neutral sounding. The Spring Tips fit well because the umbrella is a little longer than average but I think they enhance treble response. They seem to make a more noticeable difference than the W1 or the Max.
Excellent. So you feel the Spring Tips emphasize treble more than the W1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back