Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 16, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #7,981 of 11,979
Any suggestion on more comfortable tips for the Dusks? One of them starts to hurt my ear after some time with stock tips and I'm usually pretty tolerant of IEM fit.
Depending on your preference
SpinFit CP500 for treble/better resolving
CP100 for mellower tuning.

May 16, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #7,982 of 11,979
Depending on your preference
SpinFit CP500 for treble/better resolving
CP100 for mellower tuning.

My CP100s don't stay on.

I searched but haven't found and answer: has @MOONDROP confirmed that the filters on the B2 Dusk are just for wax protection and don't alter the sound? Seems impossible to change tips without displacing them.

Last edited:
May 16, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #7,984 of 11,979
My CP100s don't stay on.

I searched but haven't found and answer: has @MOONDROP confirmed that the filters on the B2 Dusk are just for wax protection and don't alter the sound? Seems impossible to change tips without displacing them.
Ah you may Try CP500 then, it has longer nozzle.
Yea that black filter on B2 is more of earwax prevention, but still it’s something covering the outflow of the 3 bores, I did sense a minor sacrifice on treble responses. It’s last few small decays that has been disturbed by the black filter.

When you are reattaching the filter, you probably noticed, the diameter of filter is small, and you may have to perfectly center the filter to the mid points of 3 bore outlets, if it’s off by 0.5mm, either one or two bores will be covered by filter’s outer rim stickers.

May 17, 2021 at 2:56 AM Post #7,985 of 11,979
Azla SednaEarfitLight Short (one size smaller than my usual, due to the wide nozzle).
The ”light” version is softer than the regular one.

May 17, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #7,986 of 11,979
After a week of listening to Blessing 2 and Dusk, I'm convinced Dusk's 3khz spot hit is what I was ultimately looking for, it hits better than Softears RSV.

RSV hits 2.9kHz and Dusk 3.1kHz, of which mine gain spot is 3,080Hz. So Dusk resonates better here. but above upper-mid, RSV still does a better job than Dusk.
graph (14).png

May 17, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #7,987 of 11,979
My CP100s don't stay on.

Same, they won't affect sound.
It was just a preventive measure to keep nozzle clean.

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
May 18, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #7,988 of 11,979
Taught my B2 a new trick today:
11495705.jpg

Adapters are courtesy of Optimization Elements (OE, for short). 100% capable and I am not missing the wire for a second. With the Auvio wide-bore tips that are currently installed, it's just sheer bliss. Heck, they even fit inside the case...

11495709.jpg

...with room to spare. Those are Dunu DK-3001 Pro sitting in there and, yes, the case will close (rather easily, at that). You could easily get this combination and positively wallop most of the TWS competition out there. No sacrifice to tonality that my ears can detect whatsoever, either, and I'm only sitting at about 30% volume while streaming Spotify from my phone.

That's pretty impressive.

May 19, 2021 at 11:37 PM Post #7,989 of 11,979
DEF0DC40-5BD9-4CDE-8162-3D4EC762383E.jpeg

I was examining how good KBEAR Believe the pure-beryllium affordable IEM is compared to similar characteristics Moondrop Aria.

For consistency I used same cable (Moondrop 6N Single Crystal pure copper OCC) for Aria.

A miracle happened, the persistent muffled midrange of Aria was caused by the stock cable!
With same condition Aria (raw) is just slightly behind Believe(raw) in terms of resolution and speed. Making Aria 84/100 IEM. My first A grade for sub$100.

If muffled / half-dead vocal /piano is your thumbs down for Aria, you now know the culprit is that 1: hex shape acoustic dumper filter 2: stock cable.

Cable notes:
Moondrop 6N OCC single crystal pure copper cable($59) : slight U arrangements from original V tuning of Aria, comes with switchable 2.5mm/3.5mm/4.5mm jacks
https://shenzhenaudio.com/products/...tal-copper-professional-interchangeable-cable

KBEAR pure silver cable ($33):
More flat arrangements from original V tuning of Aria, options to choose 2.5mm,3.5mm, 4.5mm at the time of purchase; highly recommendable for recabling for Aria(raw)
https://keephifi.com/products/kbear...zsn-pro-tri-i3-tinhifi-t2-plus-blon-bl01-bl03

Last edited:
May 20, 2021 at 12:29 AM Post #7,990 of 11,979
For potential Aria buyer and current owner, if you missed, like I did:
Aria’s user guide states “LCP drivers perform poorly in terms of distortion and fidelity right out of box, it needs 100 hours of burn-in” and with burn-in instructions. So people, please do not just post out-of-the-box reflex impressions and leave Aria in the dust, it’s not how it supposed to sound.

it also comes with outer filter(hex iron one) and inner filter (acoustic filter) spares, so you can feel freely to try out removing hex outer filter mod.(note: only outer hex iron filter! The inner white mesh acoustic filter needs to stay, I removed that white mesh and it made sound out of balance, bass got ruined.)045D5291-36F7-41EC-BD3A-F12019CBE01E.jpeg
51B78B67-BAA3-49C6-9023-DE072CC43634.jpeg
F94084FE-8D9D-4A19-BDBE-42788B9198FD.jpeg

Newbie here... And I would like to thank @AmericanSpirit for sharing this. I'm on the 45th hour of my Aria's burn in and decided to try this hack. The only difference I made was to replace the hex filter with the foam filter. The change in overall sound is PHENOMENAL! The Arias are really good compared to my TFZ T2 and KZ ZAX.

May 20, 2021 at 12:29 AM Post #7,991 of 11,979
DEF0DC40-5BD9-4CDE-8162-3D4EC762383E.jpeg

I was examining how good KBEAR Believe the pure-beryllium affordable IEM is compared to similar characteristics Moondrop Aria.

For consistency I used same cable (Moondrop 6N Single Crystal pure copper OCC) for Aria.

A miracle happened, the persistent muffled midrange of Aria was caused by the stock cable!
With same condition Aria (raw) is just slightly behind Believe(raw) in terms of resolution and speed. Making Aria 84/100 IEM. My first A grade for sub$100.

If muffled / half-dead vocal /piano is your thumbs down for Aria, you now know the culprit is that 1: hex shape acoustic dumper filter 2: stock cable.

Cable notes:
Moondrop 6N OCC single crystal pure copper cable($59) : slight U arrangements from original V tuning of Aria, comes with switchable 2.5mm/3.5mm/4.5mm jacks
https://shenzhenaudio.com/products/...tal-copper-professional-interchangeable-cable

KBEAR pure silver cable ($33):
More flat arrangements from original V tuning of Aria, options to choose 2.5mm,3.5mm, 4.5mm at the time of purchase; highly recommendable for recabling for Aria(raw)
https://keephifi.com/products/kbear...zsn-pro-tri-i3-tinhifi-t2-plus-blon-bl01-bl03
The cable was the very 1st thing I swapped on my Aria! Had a listen with the original cable after the initial burn in for reference though. Also, I didn't like the sound with pure silver cables, preferred the SPC TRI cable over it. Imo the pure silver cable suits something like the Whizzer HE01 better

May 20, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #7,992 of 11,979
Newbie here... And I would like to thank @AmericanSpirit for sharing this. I'm on the 45th hour of my Aria's burn in and decided to try this hack. The only difference I made was to replace the hex filter with the foam filter. The change in overall sound is PHENOMENAL! The Arias are really good compared to my TFZ T2 and KZ ZAX.
@gadgetgod take note of this, and try doing this if possible.

May 20, 2021 at 1:15 AM Post #7,994 of 11,979
@AmericanSpirit do you think it's worth swapping the Hex filter for the KXXS's Wire Mesh filter on my Aria?
Aria already has 2 layers of dumpers, removing 1st iron layer & recabling shall so all good benefits. It’s not too late to decide to swap KXXS’s filter after that👍
Aria now jumps to 84/100, from 70/100(stock), comes to almost close to KB Ear believe 89/100.

May 20, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #7,995 of 11,979
Great! If you have another IEM with that type of “small outlet” dumper filter, you may also try to rip it off, I did to 6 of my IEMs, most of the case it unleashed the true potentials👍
Looking forward for your 100th hour of post burn-in Aria mod impressions! Recabling is highly recommended, as the stock cable only does V-shape tining, making piano and vocals sounding half dead.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back