Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 20, 2021 at 8:36 PM Post #8,012 of 11,978
So, just received my Aria in the mail today. First listening is pretty good, I am liking the tuning as well. But what I noticed is that the Aria seems harder to drive than my CCA CKX. I usually use my ckx at 9 hour mark, but the aria needs around 10-11 hour mark on my P1. Even then, the vocal is a little bit subdued than the ckx. I heard no sibilance at all, actually I feel the aria is pretty tamed so far. Cymbals has nice decay, but never sibilance to my ears. The bass is pretty tight, very different than ckx. For me, the bass sounds like a 10 inch speaker vs a 15 inch speaker (aria vs ckx).
Tried tip rolling (azla xelastec, symbio, kz starline, etc) and ended up with unknown silicone tips that I have lying around lol.
I will using/burn in it at the same like my other IEMs, but so far, I am pretty satisfied with it. Great build quality, feels solid and hefty, comfortable fit and studio monitor like sound.
20210520_171106.jpg

Last edited:
May 20, 2021 at 8:39 PM Post #8,013 of 11,978
So, just received my Aria in the mail today. First listening is pretty good, I am liking the tuning as well. But what I noticed is that the Aria seems harder to drive than my CCA CKX. I usually use my ckx at 9 hour mark, but the aria needs around 10-11 hour mark on my P1. Even then, the vocal is a little bit subdued than the ckx. I heard no sibilance at all, actually I feel the aria is pretty tamed so far. Cymbals has nice decay, but never sibilance to my ears. The bass is pretty tight, very different than ckx. For me, the bass sounds like a 10 inch speaker vs a 15 inch speaker (aria vs ckx).
Tried tip rolling (azla xelastec, symbio, kz starline, etc) and ended up with unknown silicone tips that I have lying around lol.
I will using/burn in it at the same like my other IEMs, but so far, I am pretty satisfied with it. Great build quality, feels solid and hefty, comfortable fit and studio monitor like sound.
Yea..that uh-oh I totally don’t remember where these tips came from sometime gives a perfect match to certain IEMs😂 Good luck with Aria! Feel free to take of dumper filter for “raw” transient anytime😉

May 20, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #8,014 of 11,978

Oh hey, Aria (1 DD) and CKX (1 DD+ 6 BA). which some how CKX seems smaller?
Could you give us A-B impression between Aria and CKX? and which one do you prefer?
Covid have basically make me unable to do store audition on A-B stuff.

May 20, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #8,015 of 11,978
Yea..that uh-oh I totally don’t remember where these tips came from sometime gives a perfect match to certain IEMs😂 Good luck with Aria! Feel free to take of dumper filter for “raw” transient anytime😉
What does removing the filter do?

May 20, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #8,016 of 11,978
Newbie here... And I would like to thank @AmericanSpirit for sharing this. I'm on the 45th hour of my Aria's burn in and decided to try this hack. The only difference I made was to replace the hex filter with the foam filter. The change in overall sound is PHENOMENAL! The Arias are really good compared to my TFZ T2 and KZ ZAX.
@voicemaster you may refer this old post,
bass response will be immediate and you will have bass range coherence that not many IEMs could offer except very few pure-beryllium driver ones.
Ah I forgot to add one note, after removing hex filter (&recabling to someone else other than stock cable), you can experience the harmony of reverberations, which most of multi-BAs will have difficulty to do such a demanding complex harmony, and regular dynamic driver is too stiff to reproduce the harmony of reverberations.

Last edited:
May 20, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #8,017 of 11,978
Oh hey, Aria (1 DD) and CKX (1 DD+ 6 BA). which some how CKX seems smaller?
Could you give us A-B impression between Aria and CKX? and which one do you prefer?
Covid have basically make me unable to do store audition on A-B stuff.
One thing for sure is that the aria is smoother than the CKX. The ckx has more bass overall and I can feel guitar bass better in the ckx. The aria, you can hear the bass but there is a lot less body to the sound (less thumpy?) -> this also helps to make cleaner sounds especially vocal. If you are a bassist or drummer, you probably like the CKX more than the aria, but for vocalist, keyboardist and guitarist, aria sounds cleaner overall.
And yes CKX is smaller and pack 6 drivers inside is indeed amazing.

May 20, 2021 at 10:33 PM Post #8,019 of 11,978
20210520_171106.jpg
I think the drivability is cable dependent to a certain extent. I do remember the stock cables requiring a higher volume knob position than when I was using the TRI cable. Using the TRI cable, the Aria is on the easy side in terms of drivability for me, moderate for IEMs. It is easier to drive than the Philips Fidelio S2 and Tanchjim Cora and all my headphones but harder to drive than the Whizzer HE01 (examples from recent use)

Also, can you take clearer pictures of the unknown tips please? Would like to see their bore dimensions and overall structure even if I am unable to recognise them :grin:

May 20, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #8,020 of 11,978
I think the drivability is cable dependent to a certain extent. I do remember the stock cables requiring a higher volume knob position than when I was using the TRI cable. Using the TRI cable, the Aria is on the easy side in terms of drivability for me, moderate for IEMs. It is easier to drive than the Philips Fidelio S2 and Tanchjim Cora and all my headphones but harder to drive than the Whizzer HE01 (examples from recent use)

Also, can you take clearer pictures of the unknown tips please? Would like to see their bore dimensions and overall structure even if I am unable to recognise them :grin:
20210520_200329.jpg20210520_200301.jpg
I am using kbear cable. Haven't even open the stock cable yet.

May 20, 2021 at 11:52 PM Post #8,023 of 11,978
Is the bore stiffer than those of the stock tips? If so it should have a greater low end presence, which in theory should pair well with the brighter pure silver cable
It is kinda similar to sony tips (the green one I think).

I've been listening to the Aria for 4 hours and I am really liking its sound.

Last edited:
May 21, 2021 at 1:05 AM Post #8,024 of 11,978
It is kinda similar to sony tips (the green one I think).

I've been listening to the Aria for 4 hours and I am really liking its sound.
I see! I did try the Sony tips with my Aria, but found the sound a little too warm/rolled off in the treble using the SPC cable. The Aria does deliver very good quality sound for the asking price, glad you're enjoying it :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back