Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Feb 1, 2019 at 6:07 AM Post #782 of 11,979
Very interested in Moondrop A8 however spending more than 800SGD without auditioning is a risk that I would like to avoid.
However being in Singapore, there's no way I can try it as it is not offered locally.
Is there any IEM that can give me an idea how A8 perform sonically?
Say maybe the PP8?

Thank you.

Feb 1, 2019 at 6:09 AM Post #783 of 11,979
Very interested in Moondrop A8 however spending more than 800SGD without auditioning is a risk that I would like to avoid.
However being in Singapore, there's no way I can try it as it is not offered locally.
Is there any IEM that can give me an idea how A8 perform sonically?
Say maybe the PP8?

Thank you.

Got the same thing with the Blessing to be honest.

Feb 1, 2019 at 7:13 AM Post #784 of 11,979
Well, my Moondrop Kanas Pro arrived this morning :)
out the box there was nothing that worried me at all...a good sign! (Using iBasso DX80)
After going through a few songs though I am happy to say that they are Sublime. These IEM's are the real deal. they have been tuned by someone who KNOWS audio. The 'Pro' title is very apt.
They do NO 'showing off' at all. They simply render the music in a beautiful balanced silky smooth neutral way. They a sweet sweet earphone. If they were a girl then I would be in love with her :)
I think the more 'mature' the listener is then the more theses IEM's will be truly appreciated for what they do. SO much audio these days is tuned to impress or excite and so when you are used to that and come across something that is tuned professionally you do notice the difference.
I have a NICENK 8 core copper cable coming soon for these which I think will be very interesting.The cable they come with though is very very nice.
Anyway...off to burn in town I go. VERY excited to hear them again they have settled in.
*sighs* I am love with these sweet sounding little gems

PS: Thanks guys, also have a Moondrop crescent coming now as well!

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #785 of 11,979
A detailed comparison between Crescent, Kanas Pro and Blessing would be of interest, as they fit into different price points. My Kanas Pro should arrive this week and I'll be able to test it with the Crescent. The Crescent has some thickening in the bass (again, many will like this and hear it as fullness/warmth) and perhaps the Kanas has more precision in the lows, for instance.

Feb 1, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #786 of 11,979
I have also the Kanas and Aria and i definitely like them (theKanas are really excellent, but I am just now to sell them because I cannot find the right position with my tiny ear canals, unfortunately), but I am absolutely IN LOVE with the Crescent.
BTW, I also find the perfect spot with foam eartips.
How many tips You`ve tried? I have about 40 small tips for my small ears&earcanals and haven`t had case yet where I couldn`t get a proper sound&fit.
Maybe You wait a little till I receive my KP and will share what I find :wink:

Feb 1, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #787 of 11,979
How many tips You`ve tried? I have about 40 small tips for my small ears&earcanals and haven`t had case yet where I couldn`t get a proper sound&fit.
Maybe You wait a little till I receive my KP and will share what I find :wink:
I stilldid not put them on sale, but the nozzle is long and quite big, the iem are significantly heavy, so my seetspot has not been found with them.

Feb 1, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #788 of 11,979
I stilldid not put them on sale, but the nozzle is long and quite big, the iem are significantly heavy, so my seetspot has not been found with them.

I had a similar issue and got custom tips made for €79 at a local audiologist. This is the first time I can wear IEMs really securely and comfortably.

Feb 1, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #790 of 11,979
the only Lightning DAC adapter I tried was part of a 1More Triple IEM, so my impressions are from that combination only, and I found it to be a bit on the harsh side, I think a bit too much tuned for effect rather than natural balance. Treble was a little harsh and bass felt overly emphasized. I replaced the cable to remove the integrated DAC which improved smoothness.

I think everyone agrees that the KPE have a great mid range, smooth, clear and detailed, complemented by smooth treble and strong (albeit not terribly fast or detailed) bass and almost a little too much sub-bass.
But I think it's better to think of them as generally pleasing neutral IEM.
Honestly I was surprised that @antdroid called the bass lean - but it reminded me again that it really depends on what you expect or like.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/moo...pressions-thread.894139/page-50#post-14750452

I mentioned in my impressions that I felt it was bass lean and seemed to change with tip rolling and amp. I think the bass is good for me with foam tips now. I think many people may still want it to be slightly more elevated. I’m talking just a couple dB. It’s also dependent on how loud you listen, which at a little bit louder than what I listen to normally, it’s quite fine. But at my general listening levels for IEMs, the bass can sound lean with silicone tips.

I am commenting from as objective as possible too by the way...Because I’m really enjoying the KP though. It’s quickly becoming one of my favorite IEMs. I did get to listen to the Andromeda S last night, thanks to @HeartOfSky , and I think it’s a step above but it’s still closer than one would expect. The AndroS has just a little bit more bass and detail and stage.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #791 of 11,979
Let's see how much it will take for one with the kanas pro grab a blessing and compare to us.

The way i see the hype of you guys, it will not take long.

Feb 1, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #792 of 11,979
Let's see how much it will take for one with the kanas pro grab a blessing and compare to us.

The way i see the hype of you guys, it will not take long.
There's the A8 BA moondrop too. Wonder how that is

Feb 1, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #794 of 11,979
upload_2019-2-1_17-22-54.jpeg
seems they're using the same body as the Aria now. its gold-colored as opposed to the Aria's silver, right?
Yes, the body look exactly the same except the color (Aria silver instead of gold). The nozzle is different, the cable is very similar (maybe the same, can’t figure out), the jack is the same.
(Here is the Aria)

Feb 1, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #795 of 11,979
There's the A8 BA moondrop too. Wonder how that is

Crinacle has tested the blessing via moondrop, would be awesome if moondrop sends a8 for him. In case of succes, like making into s class, it would be the confirmation that moondrop is more close to a boutique iem maker than just ono more chi-fi

Wich i am inclined to believe since the way they tune their IEMs, with a target.

Edit: I Would never put 666$, even if i had to spare, under any iem without a very solid backup opinion anyway. So please don't feel incouraged by any claim.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back