Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Feb 1, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #796 of 11,979
Crinacle has tested the blessing via moondrop, would be awesome if moondrop sends a8 for him. In case of succes, like making into s class, it would be the confirmation that moondrop is more close to a boutique iem maker than just ono more chi-fi

Wich i am inclined to believe since the way they tune their IEMs, with a target.

Edit: I Would never put 666$, even if i had to spare, under any iem without a very solid backup opinion anyway. So please don't feel incouraged by any claim.
Not sure about S or S-. Maybe A- is more practical.

Feb 1, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #797 of 11,979

Blessing already reach A- crinacle's list, tops many other chifi and compete with big names up there.

Maybe A8 could be put on A+ tier if they really good. S- or up is for next moondrop hopefully someday

Feb 1, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #798 of 11,979

Considering Blessing is already A-.... I would expect A+ or S- to be convinced.

Feb 1, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #799 of 11,979
Final Audio E-Tips and the Moondrop Kanas Pro are a great combo for me! The bass is definitely coming out now and sounds great and fit is perfect.

The sub-bass extension on the pro is pretty good, especially at how well controlled it is for this price range. I've been enjoying some old Massive Attack today.

Feb 1, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #800 of 11,979
OK I am having to reassess my thoughts on the Crescent. I really crimped and squished up the foamies and jammed them deeper into my ears, basically violating myself, as with Etys. The bass is better than I thought and overall sound seems more completely right than before. Of what has been around here recently I feel the Crescent superior to the BeyerDT1350, DT880, Shure940, and a ways better than TRN V80 and Tin Audio T2pro. Other stuff as well in the bargain price range not worth mentioning.

Feb 1, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #801 of 11,979
Blessing already reach A- crinacle's list, tops many other chifi and compete with big names up there.

Maybe A8 could be put on A+ tier if they really good. S- or up is for next moondrop hopefully someday
Considering Blessing is already A-.... I would expect A+ or S- to be convinced.
Hope so, but it would take something really special to be able to make it into that absolute best of the best Tier S segment and let's be honest, everytime something from mid-fi tries to be a giants killer, it ended up short and only manage to sound "almost" as good as the giants, but it's a big "almost".
Point is, they won't make the $$$ earphones sound as good or better than the $$$$ ones. They can, but they won't. It is what it is, that's why I said it would be more practical for you to expect the A8 to land somewhere in tier A and leave the tier S for the new Solis?(the one with 2 ES) to try.

Feb 1, 2019 at 7:11 PM Post #802 of 11,979
Well, my Moondrop Kanas Pro arrived this morning :)
out the box there was nothing that worried me at all...a good sign! (Using iBasso DX80)
After going through a few songs though I am happy to say that they are Sublime. These IEM's are the real deal. they have been tuned by someone who KNOWS audio. The 'Pro' title is very apt.
They do NO 'showing off' at all. They simply render the music in a beautiful balanced silky smooth neutral way. They a sweet sweet earphone. If they were a girl then I would be in love with her :)
I think the more 'mature' the listener is then the more theses IEM's will be truly appreciated for what they do. SO much audio these days is tuned to impress or excite and so when you are used to that and come across something that is tuned professionally you do notice the difference.
I have a NICENK 8 core copper cable coming soon for these which I think will be very interesting.The cable they come with though is very very nice.
Anyway...off to burn in town I go. VERY excited to hear them again they have settled in.
*sighs* I am love with these sweet sounding little gems

PS: Thanks guys, also have a Moondrop crescent coming now as well!
Great to hear your loving them. A comparison to your t4's would do the world of wonders for me and also have you tried the kpe with the 16 core copper cable would be interesting to see if it warms up the mids like your t4's did.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #803 of 11,979
Does anyone know what happen when i use some fine sandpaper on the surface of the Kanas Pro? Does it have a real polished steel surface or is it a fake chrome surface that turn into a copper surface when i use sandpaper or something else on it? I like the look of the normal Kanas with it's brushed steel surface and i want it for my Kanas Pro. I am not sure if i should try it. ^^"

Feb 2, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #804 of 11,979
Does anyone know what happen when i use some fine sandpaper on the surface of the Kanas Pro? Does it have a real polished steel surface or is it a fake chrome surface that turn into a copper surface when i use sandpaper or something else on it? I like the look of the normal Kanas with it's brushed steel surface and i want it for my Kanas Pro. I am not sure if i should try it. ^^"

Not sure it was a Stainless Steel finish... It is reported in some sources to be a Zinc/Magnesium Alloy, and that is supposedly simply polished. That alloy is not as corrosion resistant as SS. Other sources say that the Zinc Alloy is plated with "White SteeL" Unknown if the white steel is stainless or not. For some people, whatever the finish, it is corroding.
- If it is just the Zinc Alloy Plated' And If not badly corroded, some metal polish may work to bring back the shine. If more badly corroded, you may need to use fine grit emory cloth (Black for metals) to remove the corrosion and show the finish again. If you use 600 grit (or higher/finer), you can get an almost mirror polish with a lot of work. If you use rougher than 600 grit, like 320 or 200, you will get a "brushed" finish. It can look good if you only rub in one direction. It will leave fine lines in that direction.
- IF it is plated in some way, you'd have to be careful, as even lightly rubing with an abrasive or polish, could rub through to the Zinc Metal Below.

- But same conditions (sweat, moisture?) will likely cause same corrosion again. After corrosion removal or polishing, if you want to protect the finish, I would guess that you'd need to apply some sort of laquer or paint.

- I personally have not seen any corrosion. I do not wear in the gym, when exercising, so perhaps less likely to get corrosion.

I do realize that you don't have the corrosion problem, but others have reported this. 320 or 600 grit will remove the polish/shine, and give you a brushed finish. Try 600 first. If not dull enough, try 320. And be careful to only sand in one direction to get straight lines. (Otherwise it will just look pretty badly scratched)

Personally, if they look OK, I'd not mess with them.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #805 of 11,979
The shell is zinc-magnesium, PLATED WITH STAINLESS STEEL

You may be able to sand off the SS plating, but how do you want to get it off in the corners?

Feb 2, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #807 of 11,979
Maybe you're right. I think i should leave it as it is. My next idea is to put a frosted anthracite colored foil on it with a embossed self designed moondrop logo on it. The logo shows the chrome underneath. Maybe it looks cool. I post some pics when i finished it. :)

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #808 of 11,979
Great to hear your loving them. A comparison to your t4's would do the world of wonders for me and also have you tried the kpe with the 16 core copper cable would be interesting to see if it warms up the mids like your t4's did.

Hi Buddy
I can't really compare them to the T4 because they are a very different sounding headphone with a different driver. It would be a bit like describing how a car and a motorbike compare to each other !
What I can say is that the Kanas Pro is THE best dynamic driver I have ever heard. they are truly magical and beautifully tuned to sound natural...They just sound SO 'sweet' its gonna sound weird but...they sound like the feeling of being love !?!!
I had the Tansio Miria arrive today which, like the T4 are also a total of 6 Armature drivers. They are very very good - A little aggressive somehow - I think
a, they need burning in to give them time to calm down and settle in and
b, I have another NICE 8 core copper cable coming for them...which I think will suite them very well
I should also add, I sold my T4's and also gave away my 16 core cable so Im going from memory
Compared to the Tansio I will say they were smoother - buttery clear in the highs and mids but the Tansio seems more balanced over all. Hard to say as we dealing with subtitles here!
The T4's though are every bit an 'armature sounding' IEM - clinical, clean, clear and precise where as the Kanas Pro's are every bit the dynamic driver headphone - warmer low end with greater weight and punch, softer mids and highs

Feb 2, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #809 of 11,979
The one trait I find,odd about the kpe is in the treble. It's softish, but not clean. If it were more emphasized you would definitely have sibilance there. It never sounds Sibilant, dont get me wrong here. Its just odd that its not emphasized or bright but somehow has an etch to it . Also, no it does not just come out in poorly mastered recordings, and no its not my source, or cable, or etc etc etc. Its not a deal,breaker, I really am enjoying these, a whole lot. What it makes me excited for, is moondrops higher priced offerings going forward.

Feb 2, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #810 of 11,979
The one trait I find,odd about the kpe is in the treble. It's softish, but not clean. If it were more emphasized you would definitely have sibilance there. It never sounds Sibilant, dont get me wrong here. Its just odd that its not emphasized or bright but somehow has an etch to it . Also, no it does not just come out in poorly mastered recordings, and no its not my source, or cable, or etc etc etc. Its not a deal,breaker, I really am enjoying these, a whole lot. What it makes me excited for, is moondrops higher priced offerings going forward.
the treble is bright with wide bore tips, not harsh bright but sparkly and beautiful bright, they show what they can the best with big orchestra soundtrack music (think Hans Zimmer), the raw power in the sub bass, wide soundstage and incredible dynamic range is truly spectacular for that price

Users who are viewing this thread

Back