Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Feb 4, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #826 of 12,007
Interesting, I haven`t seen graph yet showing spike between 3kHz-6kHz. Maybe tip/fit-depth resonance issue?
And how You detect that vocal distortion? Is it clear as sunny day blue sky or is it something like tiny little cloud up there that only becomes noticeable when You look at certain direction and look for it?
I should be getting my KP very soon and would be nice if You give some song example with distorted high-pitch spikey vocals?

Moondrop Kanas Pro Freq.JPG

Feb 4, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #827 of 12,007
@Hawaiibadboy ,this is Your latest measurement on KP with more accurate calibration/compensation?

Well, to me at least it seems pretty nice and "even" from 2.2-4.5kHz and only very slight bump @ 4.5kHz.
Most chi-fi hybrids are much more worse raised in high-mids and around there.

Btw, @Hawaiibadboy , what do You say about KP vs. TinT3 ?
I
I've posted my graph of the KPE and the Anole VX before. Pretty much any female vocal song, the vocal sound unnatural. Typically I like my 3.5 kHz and 5.5 KHz range to be lower than the 1 kHz range. If you like your KPE IEM the way it is, that's fine. However, get yourself a parametric EQ DAP and play with the EQ, then you'll notice what sound right and wrong. My settings will work on the MKII and LPG.
Can You do overlay graph to see difference between KP and AnoleVX?

Feb 4, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #829 of 12,007
Hi all,
New to the thread. First day of listening to new KP’s so early days. Scuse the non-tech phraseology...Finding them crystal clear, great separation but a little...clinical and coldish. Sharp in fact, like BA sharp. A bit splashy with certain tracks with complex cymbals so far too. But then I’m coming from many hours of listening to Auri 2.5’s which are pretty warm with big soundstage and character. (I have the bass switch low as it can really hit!)

Do the KP’s respond to burn in like the packaging suggests? Tell me more...

Feb 4, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #832 of 12,007
Cheers guys. Yeah I have some symbios somewhere. But I usually find my usual foams do a better job for thickening and sealing. But I’ll keep rolling and see what happens. Maybe things will smooth down with burn in too.

Feb 4, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #833 of 12,007
I wouldnt call it a spike at 3-6KHz but there is a gentle rise starting at 3 and falling at 6KHz. If you remove the filter, the rise does become a spike. You can try to tame this area with a little piece of craft felt on the tip.

I dont mind the rise at all.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #834 of 12,007
Hi all,
New to the thread. First day of listening to new KP’s so early days. Scuse the non-tech phraseology...Finding them crystal clear, great separation but a little...clinical and coldish. Sharp in fact, like BA sharp. A bit splashy with certain tracks with complex cymbals so far too. But then I’m coming from many hours of listening to Auri 2.5’s which are pretty warm with big soundstage and character. (I have the bass switch low as it can really hit!)

Do the KP’s respond to burn in like the packaging suggests? Tell me more...

Im coming up for 70 hours or so of burn in and they sound sublime. NO issues are complaints at all. Will report after 100 hours
I did notice today that tip positioning and a deep insertion make quite a big difference. For this reason the beautiful clean and soft but precise highs can be a little bit 'hot' BUT
Even then not in a way that is uncomfortable . . . but noticeable...the clean-ness of them However when I get the tips in the right position I basically cannot fault them!
I should add that [surprisingly] 99% of the time I end up using the KZ foam tips. Cheap as chips but awesome!

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #835 of 12,007
Im coming up for 70 hours or so of burn in and they sound sublime. NO issues are complaints at all. Will report after 100 hours
I did notice today that tip positioning and a deep insertion make quite a big difference. For this reason the beautiful clean and soft but precise highs can be a little bit 'hot' BUT
Even then not in a way that is uncomfortable . . . but noticeable...the clean-ness of them However when I get the tips in the right position I basically cannot fault them!
I should add that [surprisingly] 99% of the time I end up using the KZ foam tips. Cheap as chips but awesome!

They da ones I use. Think you were the one that recommended them as it goes...

Feb 4, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #836 of 12,007
They da ones I use. Think you were the one that recommended them as it goes...

:) They sound great to me...Im using a new Shanling M2s and they sound lovely!

Feb 4, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #839 of 12,007
How is the soundstage like to you on this set?

Pretty amazing TBH - Very similar to DX80 in some ways - Hard to say. It seems a bit fresher than DX80 but slightly less full or rich in the mids or low mids...but its still an absolute delight to listen to
Ive been looking for a relatively inexpensive DAP that I could take with me on holiday BUT that would still satisfy my audiophile 'needs'
Considering how good and how much the DX80 is, and costs, I had my doubts but the Shanling has shocked me how good it sounds. It cant beat the DX80 but it comes too close to comfort!
The soundstage is wide but is more too the sides, Seems to have good height. Not especially 3D but has very good detail & separation
It sounds how you would expect the chip to sound really...
Ive a few listening sessions with it and no desire to switch over to the DX80 so that's a pretty good sign.
For the £99 I payed for it its exceptional. Its a little hard to be very precise because Im listening too 2 new IEMS so Im not familiar yet with their sound!

Feb 5, 2019 at 1:09 AM Post #840 of 12,007
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/jvc-ha-fd01-class-s-solidege.868414/page-11#post-14612368

Both are mid centric - the FD01/02 have a lot more energy on mids, the Kanas Pro is in the mids more balanced.
FD01/02 bass is on the same level as Sony EX1000 - Kanas Pro have 10 dB lift on subbass with less texture quality compared to FD01/02.
Both have average depth/height of soundstage.
Kanas Pro is warmer than the brighter FD 01/02

When you like neutral analytic sound - FD01/02 will be yor choice (with swab filter mod from james444)
Kanas Pro is not neutral but balanced with warmer mids and subbass lift - it is more a fun signature not suitable for headfi purists.
Both share a similar DLC driver with high resolution comparable with multi BA's.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back