Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 3, 2019 at 6:29 AM Post #2,041 of 12,007
They fit everything!
W9gaNW7.jpg

Sony xba-z5
Beyer Xelento
Shure se846 (with the bore enlarger from spinfit cp240s or the symbio mandarin tips)
Campfire comet
Unique melody me1
Moondrop kanas pro
And lastly the BGVP dm6 :wink:
Also they fit the Final e5000 and e3000

So cheap but very useful.
Wow i gonna get them

Apr 3, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #2,043 of 12,007
On the Kanas Pro, do we know for sure that the tips are only supposed to be pushed down the nozzle until the ring-like marking? Because even the stock tips keep pushing down lower than that for me.
Supposed? Like in manual? LOL, no.
That`s why we have been talking about "slip-stop" rubber rings below/behind tips barrel to keep them in place (at distance suitable/adjustment by user fit/sound requirements).

Apr 3, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #2,045 of 12,007
Apr 3, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #2,047 of 12,007
Something tells me the MDR-Ex800st makes the KPE not necessary. lol

Maaayyybeeee :wink:

Actually, ive had my end game IEM for years now - New finds I like to try for fun

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #2,051 of 12,007
Hello. I'm SoundChoice. You may know me from my flops such as "The Head-Fi IEM Buyer's Cycle" or "I'm the only loser in the universe who doesn't see ZS7 as KZ endgame" or here in Moondrop in my endless quest to find tips to hold in my large ears two metal anvils suspended outwards with long pencil nozzles.

I'm writing to tell you I want to believe in the Kanas Pro / KPE. I really do. I hear you all saying that it's holographic. Huge stage. The forgiving cousin of the super-critical BGVP DM6 (every family has one). The best headphones you've ever stuck your ears, and that includes HD650/6xx driven by amps with tubes that would make Thomas Edison and Tesla envious. Yes, the Kanas Pro is the best earphone / headphone / IEM ever. Heck, it's the best thing you've ever stuck in your ear since mom introduced you to Q-tips after bathing as a toddler.

I'm here to tell you that despite my efforts, despite the unanimous chanting "Praise Moondrop, tuners of the gods," despite the KPE being in HBB's top 2 for a nanosecond, I'm here to publicly proclaim to the mockery and ridicule of all: I don't get it.

I hear some good sound, no sibiliance, some good mids, and decent lows. Don't get me wrong, the Kanas Pro isn't worse than the Samsung white OEMs that came with the Galaxy 5. Like the girl from work your mom sent you up with, It's pleasant enough. But is it "turn off the lights and get lost in the joy of music" euphoria? Not to my ears. And here's the thing: I want to believe.

I've tried different tips. I've tried Spinfits. I've tried JVC Spiral Dots (from Japan!). Cramming Newbee foam into my ear. My old standby, Complys, which can make any earphone stay and sound decent, I'm reluctant to use because it'll mess up the tuning, these almost hurt after 10 minutes in the KPE for some reason. The closest I've come to forgetting they're in my ears in a never-ending conscious battle of awareness "are they situated right? oh wait the bottom of my seal is being lost" is DynamicEars' foam-inside-a-SpiralDot hack. But even that's not longlasting, if I get a seal at all. And if I do use my fingers to hold the bottoms in so they're situated better, I'm expecting nirvana, which I get only if I'm listening to Nirvana.

Yes, I know they like to be driven by amps, and that means, to me, going through my Dragonfly Black 1.5. Even putting in FLAC of Alan Parsons Project remastered by the ghost of Edgar Allen Poe, I still hear "just ok" music that's not bad, but it's not worth sitting there with foam pressing my ears while awkwardly holding the metal safes upright to get something resembling a seal, even if I'm listening to Seal.

In a strange twist, though I've tried the KPE, the DMG (pretty good), the DM6 (so good they make a lot of music sound like crap), OH1, V80, and countless KZs, I've found one IEM that gives me the "wow" experience I tried so hard to get with the KPE. The excitement of "I love hearing this song and I can't wait for the next song but wait maybe I want to repeat this song again." Where you forget the IEM is in, and your favorite songs are just playing, kind of like you're Baby Driver (the most unrealistic thing in that movie is you have an audiophile bank robber but he lives with OEM ear buds lol but I digress). Where was I? Oh yeah, I found this experience I've read you all talk about, many with KPEs, sometimes with DM6s, sometimes with other things like the Fearless line which I refuse to get sucked into and if you're smart you will also because the second you get the Fearless S29 there will be a video about some new brand that "makes them sound like music played through a Firestone tire."

This magical IEM, what is it you ask? What piece of crap plays my rock music that brings me to tears with its signature of good highs and punchy bass? The Tin T3.

I really really want (ed?) it to be the Kanas Pro.

Ok. I'll end now. Go on and point and laugh.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 10:51 PM Post #2,052 of 12,007
Its understandable. The KPE has odd nozzles. I get a great fit with Comply Isolation tips, the kind that stick way out, but then i shove the bore all the way through them so the tip is as far back as it can go. Then I do the roly poly and hold it in my ear for 20 seconds until it expands, at this point I can shake my head hard and not have anything move.

Sorry for your loss. The KPE is ****ing amazing. It's so amazing for my eardrums I ordered the A8 because I believe in Moondrop. This might backfire though.

[edit] something just occured to me which is BGGAR reported his A8 which has the same Lyre Pansy cable as the KPE was defective and caused his review of the A8 to be wrong. Got any other cables to try?
[edit2] I have the Samsung white earbuds, the KPE destroys them like, jeeez. Hard to believe it can sound like that to you.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 12:17 AM Post #2,054 of 12,007
Hello. I'm SoundChoice. You may know me from my flops such as "IEMs sent me to the poorhouse" or "I'm the only loser in the universe who doesn't see ZS7 as KZ endgame" or here in Moondrop in my endless quest to find tips to hold in my large ears two metal anvils suspended outwards with long pencil nozzles.

I'm writing to tell you I want to believe in the Kanas Pro / KPE. I really do. I hear you all saying that it's holographic. Huge stage. The forgiving cousin of the super-critical BGVP DM6 (every family has one). The best headphones you've ever stuck your ears, and that includes HD650/6xx driven by amps with tubes that would make Thomas Edison and Tesla envious. Yes, the Kanas Pro is the best earphone / headphone / IEM ever. Heck, it's the best thing you've ever stuck in your ear since mom introduced you to Q-tips after bathing as a toddler.

I'm here to tell you that despite my efforts, despite the unanimous chanting "Praise Moondrop, tuners of the gods," despite the KPE being in HBB's top 2 for a nanosecond, I'm here to publicly proclaim to the mockery and ridicule of all: I don't get it.

I hear some good sound, no sibiliance, some good mids, and decent lows. Don't get me wrong, the Kanas Pro isn't worse than the Samsung white OEMs that came with the Galaxy 5. Like the girl from work your mom sent you up with, It's pleasant enough. But is it "turn off the lights and get lost in the joy of music" euphoria? Not to my ears. And here's the thing: I want to believe.

I've tried different tips. I've tried Spinfits. I've tried JVC Spiral Dots (from Japan!). Cramming Newbee foam into my ear. My old standby, Complys, which can make any earphone stay and sound decent, I'm reluctant to use because it'll mess up the tuning, these almost hurt after 10 minutes in the KPE for some reason. The closest I've come to forgetting they're in my ears in a never-ending conscious battle of awareness "are they situated right? oh wait the bottom of my seal is being lost" is DynamicEars' foam-inside-a-SpiralDot hack. But even that's not longlasting, if I get a seal at all. And if I do use my fingers to hold the bottoms in so they're situated better, I'm expecting nirvana, which I get only if I'm listening to Nirvana.

Yes, I know they like to be driven by amps, and that means, to me, going through my Dragonfly Black 1.5. Even putting in FLAC of Alan Parsons Project remastered by the ghost of Edgar Allen Poe, I still hear "just ok" music that's not bad, but it's not worth sitting there with foam pressing my ears while awkwardly holding the metal safes upright to get something resembling a seal, even if I'm listening to Seal.

In a strange twist, though I've tried the KPE, the DMG (pretty good), the DM6 (so good they make a lot of music sound like crap), OH1, V80, and countless KZs, I've found one IEM that gives me the "wow" experience I tried so hard to get with the KPE. The excitement of "I love hearing this song and I can't wait for the next song but wait maybe I want to repeat this song again." Where you forget the IEM is in, and your favorite songs are just playing, kind of like you're Baby Driver (the most unrealistic thing in that movie is you have an audiophile bank robber but he lives with OEM ear buds lol but I digress). Where was I? Oh yeah, I found this experience I've read you all talk about, many with KPEs, sometimes with DM6s, sometimes with other things like the Fearless line which I refuse to get sucked into and if you're smart you will also because the second you get the Fearless S29 there will be a video about some new brand that "makes them sound like music played through a Firestone tire."

This magical IEM, what is it you ask? What piece of crap plays my rock music that brings me to tears with its signature of good highs and punchy bass? The Tin T3.

I really really want (ed?) it to be the Kanas Pro.

Ok. I'll end now. Go on and point and laugh.

T3? Oh it’s nothing compared to the highly advanced OMG42s by eargasm, which uses the new transparent/invisible technology of nomaterial. It somehow sits on your appendage and blasts the cool air of angels around your nether regions while you simply imagine whatever track you wish. No need for Daps or cables or files. Costs just $2. Unbelievable.

Brings you to the right hand of God it does.

Apr 4, 2019 at 12:19 AM Post #2,055 of 12,007
Its understandable. The KPE has odd nozzles. I get a great fit with Comply Isolation tips, the kind that stick way out, but then i shove the bore all the way through them so the tip is as far back as it can go. Then I do the roly poly and hold it in my ear for 20 seconds until it expands, at this point I can shake my head hard and not have anything move.

Sorry for your loss. The KPE is ****ing amazing. It's so amazing for my eardrums I ordered the A8 because I believe in Moondrop. This might backfire though.

[edit] something just occured to me which is BGGAR reported his A8 which has the same Lyre Pansy cable as the KPE was defective and caused his review of the A8 to be wrong. Got any other cables to try?
[edit2] I have the Samsung white earbuds, the KPE destroys them like, jeeez. Hard to believe it can sound like that to you.
that was a good read. sarcasm at its finest..haha

but more seriously though, sucks that its not for you. what is your sound preference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back